3/9/24…pretty nice…empty…

Hey All,

I’m back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 715am and it was 39 degrees under overcast skys with moderate winds.  Despite the ambient temperature, it felt much cooler.  In the house was everybody except Tarpenhead, Bethlehem Ford Guy, PARidge, Zonked, Toast, MBike and Nastar Glenn. 

I began on the quad and second civilian chair.  First run was nightmare to dreamweaver, while the snow was decent the features get in the way, was smooth cord, semi firm.  Next run I skied lazy to the falls which was nice and smooth and empty.  After the falls is pretty narrow and also Skytop is a bit tricky because they moved some of that snow onto upset paradise.  

I skied lazy again then Come Around to the falls to lower Main Street all decent some light chop on lower main.  I didn’t make it to coming soon but I heard it wasn’t that good.  I skied Challenge several times and it was fun. It began as big soft bumps at the narrow entrance, then smaller bumps and the. Another semi narrow area in the middle. Widowmaker also had decent snow and a few bare areas.  Midway which I did not ski is about half width.  Paradise was also pretty nice with minimal chop early and I skied lazy again later and still decent.  

While I was skiing from 8-10am there were only a few sprinkles, the rain started picking up more steadily around 1030 but luckily Enjorales brought his tent so we avoided getting wet while having parking lot chips and beer.  I peaced out just after Noon when PASRs most dedicated rider, TP4 was just finishing up.  

JADIP and no pictures because I left my phone at the hotel house…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It was a fun morning regardless of the looks of the place, kinda like an ugly prostitute, she may not look good, but she knows how to satisfy.

First run down Coming Soon was horrendous, as it was ungroomed and firm with random bumps and ridges all the way down.
I wasn't prepared for that and came rolling in with some speed as usual thinking it was groomed,  nope.  Never returned to the mess.

Paradise and Nightweaver had soft carveable snow, as did Challenge which was tight up top and widened down below.
Later some of Glenn's bump kids set a line on the upper headwall with a kicker at the bottom but they were way tight, which kept the speed in check.

We ended up setting a line all the way down lower Main which was a real burner if you did them all in one shot.
We also set a haphazard line down Chute that was just a mess, as they started out just right, but got way too tight at the bottom.

Unfortunately the rain started coming down too hard about 11 and we all bailed for beers in the lot.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, saltyant said:

It was grate. I meant to take a picture of the tent with my jitterbug telephone device but forgot. I did capture a radical photograph of all the perder

IMG_20240309_082719210.thumb.jpg.9df06fa0412360d11985f74c94a92b90.jpg

Id like a run just like that top to bottom and steeper and afterwards my skis would be faster from the extra texture in the base..if you wanna ski challenge I found the high traverse to be the best. I’m guessing tomorrow will be way different ho near the peak..tuts lane still good…

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I peaced out just after Noon when PASRs most dedicated rider, TP4 was just finishing up.  

Blue being open this upcoming midweek kinda screwed me lol.  I was totally at peace with 48 days this year, my second busiest season ever.  Now I gotta get in 3 days between Tuesday and Friday, while hoping they have night hours Friday as the day is a no go so I can get to 51

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Blue being open this upcoming midweek kinda screwed me lol.  I was totally at peace with 48 days this year, my second busiest season ever.  Now I gotta get in 3 days between Tuesday and Friday, while hoping they have night hours Friday as the day is a no go so I can get to 51

Just go to Blue, Bear Creek and Spring Mountain all in the same day and you can add 3 days to your stats 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just go to Blue, Bear Creek and Spring Mountain all in the same day and you can add 3 days to your stats 

While I appreciate the suggestion, I’m trying not to spend money on lift tickets as blue’s midweek hours this week will cost me $120

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I have plans at 10am Thursday the day it’s supposed to be 69 degrees and I figured they wouldn’t be open then..the boomers are gonna get all the corn and mud that morning. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have plans at 10am Thursday the day it’s supposed to be 69 degrees and I figured they wouldn’t be open then..the boomers are gonna get all the corn and mud that morning. 

beavis-butthead.gif.ea75e33b6f68c997713bf786235ebcb8.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2