Park City stoke thread ... 2024 !!!

saltyant

@DiMe Here is my official Park City 2024 trip report:

Roy Rogers consumption before airplane trip.

IMG_20240316_190922921.thumb.jpg.9bfa0d549e6bb430d2e0be840124768c.jpg

Best seat ever. So much room for activities.

IMG_20240317_060640986.thumb.jpg.30b5ad154a6054b827f2c971374c1222.jpg

Grate cider at the Saloon, but $15 was ridonculous. "saltyant, take it to the Beer Thread".

IMG_20240317_161336143_HDR.thumb.jpg.04ee6a6a5fb8f1284bb1bbe3376bd8dd.jpg

And finally, a perder shot. "saltyant, take it to the Perder Thread".

IMG_20240318_102600420_HDR.thumb.jpg.b258448ae997314c158f48fb19c11c95.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, DiMe said:

What kind of burger is that?  Or is it a fried chicken patty or maybe a sloppy joe?

Spicy Chicken Deluxe. You should try one some time. Grilled Steeze Sandwich told me that you can access the Roy Rogers on the turnpike rest stop from the employee entrance, so you can eat delicious chicken sandwiches and not even have to pay a toll scam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Spicy Chicken Deluxe. You should try one some time. Grilled Steeze Sandwich told me that you can access the Roy Rogers on the turnpike rest stop from the employee entrance, so you can eat delicious chicken sandwiches and not even have to pay a toll scam.

They took out all the Roy Rogers on the I-87 rest stops and replaced them with Chic Fil A and a popular higher end burger joint.  So now I cant try it and the lines are longer than Blue on a holiday weekend now.

Posted (edited)

No perder days like @DiMe is getting in Stratton but every day has been sunny and 50 degrees. Grate for running groomers but no so grate for ungroomed. Had my first high speed crash in years. WTF happened, IDK.

IMG_20240319_141454388_HDR.thumb.jpg.f7ac009292654bcad001c56f2462003b.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant I feel like you were in Park city before and ate shrimp scampi. 

Correct, on 3/1/21. I prefer not to repeat mountains too frequently but my brahs wanted to come here, so it's cool with me. PC is so gigantic that I am exploring new areas I didn't get to in the two days I skied here. Next year we'll probably go to either Heavenly or maybe Vail.

• Boner City 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The face of an extreme type skier 

Just hit 58.2 mph on a completely empty radical blue square run with lots of cord lines which is pretty fun and sickbirdScreenshot_20240320-100158-445.thumb.png.27e5eb5c994f997e6e255d61d77b7f85.png

Edited by saltyant
Clarified that this is sickbird
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just hit 58.2 mph on a completely empty radical blue square run with lots of cord lines which is pretty fun and sickbirdScreenshot_20240320-100158-445.thumb.png.27e5eb5c994f997e6e255d61d77b7f85.png

Was that while you were standing on your skis or sliding on your butt after your crash?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I blame those infamous Park City snow snakes 💯

You probably already know this, but on the park city side there are some great blue and black runs off the king con express lift.  Jupiter lift is cool for woods runs as nobody goes up there, and has some good hike terrain to its right 

• Thanks 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

You probably already know this, but on the park city side there are some great blue and black runs off the king con express lift.  Jupiter lift is cool for woods runs as nobody goes up there, and has some good hike terrain to its right 

Thanks. I'm mostly sticking to black and blue groomers since the snow is hard as F in the mornings. McKonkeys is fun and I found a nice black with some great snow. Haven't even gotten to King Kong yet. Jupiter looks to be pretty extreme terrain

Posted (edited)

What a grate day. Conditions are super unpredictable. One slope is frozen cord, another mershed perterters, another Goldilocks edgible perder, some icy Moe Ghouls, and saw some snirt like at True Blue. Radical and far out. Time to go look for a mint or maybe a funicular 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What a grate day. Conditions are super unpredictable. One slope is frozen cord, another mershed perterters, another Goldilocks edgible perder, some icy Moe Ghouls, and saw some snirt like at True Blue. Radical and far out. Time to go look for a mint or maybe a funicular 

Are you paying attention to aspect to find the best conditions?  Typically east facing terrain softens up first and north facing terrain is more likely to stay chalky 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I hope you rode the funicular. 

Yes, I remember you mentioned it a few years ago in a Deer Valley trip report and made it a point to ride. TFTI

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1