goggles

romemadman

Isn't that kinda the point of mirrored lenses?

Tint wear and scratches will happen to every pair of goggles you own unless you are super anal about taking care of them and don't ski in rain or snow.

well obvisouly tint weat and scratches are going to happen but it was deffinitly premature for mine. Also i could clearly see the sctratches through mine. Im not ragging on them they are sweet goggles but i like my A-frames better.

i've had my a frames for 4 seasons, and the only thing wrong with them is one of the lenses cracked, so i need a new one, but thats because i wacked my face off a rail. the tint doesnt wear out at all, and they dont scratch that easily, because its not just a coating on the top of the lense like most other goggles. and jeff, thats a nice goggle gap you have there.

I had oakley L frames and liked them just fine. With the lasic this year I bought some Oakley Wisdoms. I ski with a clear lense and there isnt one in the A/wisdom frame so I got the high intensity pink. Its the closest they have to clear. the next closest is high intensity yellow. I like the peripheral vision the wisdoms offer. And they fit my mellon just fine. If your looking at oakley find a ski shop thats good. As I found out from the shop I deal with oakley's website dosent list alll the lenses/frame combos avilable and there customer service dosent know any better either.

i'm not sure if we still have any, but i know in the past we have had clear lenses for a frames and wisdoms, as well as o frames. just curious, are you doing all your skiing at night, which is why you want the clear lense? i have used the high intensity blue lense for the past 5 years and i like them a lot better than a clear lense, it gives the snow a little more contrast so you can see terrain changes a little better.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting anon figments or subrosa'a since I got a RED helmet and they should fit perfect. Anyone here anything about these, good or bad. I have a pair of smiths from last year I like a lot but they don't fit my helmet real well. I am a little worried about getting the figments b/c they look really big.

figments are nice, but only from what I hear. If you want to get rid off goggle fog you can always put rain x on the inside of the lense. I dont know how good that can be for it, but I always did it for paintballing and it works like a charm.

my scott goggles are pretty good....there a silver lens, got them for 40 bucks at sports authority of all places

Taking your advice I checked out Sports Authority. I was surprised at their selection of snow gear. Lots of stuff from Burton and North Face. Everthing was pretty cheap also. They didn't have any high end boards though.

• 2 weeks later...

i had oakleys then tried out anons (because i have a r.e.d. helmet) and havent looked back. i have the halcyons, but i might pick up figments because they are so affordable. i suggest them for any riders and now even skiers are wearing them.

if you have glasses, smith has the best glasses compatible models, and their stuff is solid. scope it out!