Snow at CB

Luke

Are there alot of chinese people at Camelback? Are they generally lousy skiers?

Have you ever seen that show "most extreme elimination challenge" ("MXC") on cable, sometimes Honeymoon lane feels like an episode of that. Without wanting to stereotype anyone by race (and I have a lot of chinese friends, and do a lot of work in Shanghai), they tend to come in large groups and think they will learn how to snowboard by tasting as much snow as possible (and the occasional tree/fence).

Edited by Discordial

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever seen that show "most extreme elimination challenge" ("MXC") on cable, sometimes Honeymoon lane feels like an episode of that. Without wanting to stereotype anyone by race (and I have a lot of chinese friends, and do a lot of work in Shanghai), they tend to come in large groups and think they will learn how to snowboard by tasting as much snow as possible (and the occasional tree/fence).

hahaha that comment just made my day

The funniest thing I've ever seen was a some guy (presumably the father), coming through the fence from northridge followed by what had to be at least 20 tiny little kids. He kept yelling at them to stay all together (I think thats what the translation would be). Of course as soon as they stepped on the snow with their skis they started sliding all over the place and he had to run around and wrangle them all up. Needless to say I almost squished one after coming off of a rail.

Ah yes, the foriegn invasions. I must say I do sorta miss them when they're gone. They're so entertaining, and the trails seems so empty without people to fly past. Keeps your mind focused with something to do.

CB could definently open with the snow they've got, but oh well, thats the way it goes. Hopefully the opening will be awesome with lots of trails next week. I imagine the terrain park would have sucked, considering they would have had no time to properly create it.

All of our snow melted at our little rail park, so I'm looking forward to the cold again! Its going to be an awesome season.

<RANT>

You know, CB could have opened this weekend. However there would be ten topics on here about how much CB opening day sucked because the conditions were horrible and blah blah blah. People just need to chill out and wait, it's just one week and you've been waiting for six months now. Seriously all everyone does is b*tch b*tch. Give them some time, I'm sure it's gonna be worth the wait. If you are that anxious pack your stuff up and go to Hunter or Killington.

The invasions of people can be annoying. I try to avoid them cuz I don't wanna end up hurting anyone. People always think it's easy, take the quad (fall while getting on and off causing it to stop) and than sit in the middle of one of the trails because they are scared. Those people really piss me off and I always make sure they know it. When I started I practiced on the bunny hill till I was good enough not to do any of those things, when you have a lot of people in line and you cause the quad to stop you're really slowing things down and pissing people off.

</RANT>

I'm hoping tomorrow night will be the start of week long snow making that will ope n the mountain for next weekend (10th). :) The snow they made held up OK in my opinion considering the amount of rain and high temperatures so at least they don't have to start from scratch now.

I'm hoping tomorrow night will be the start of week long snow making that will ope n the mountain for next weekend (10th). :) The snow they made held up OK in my opinion considering the amount of rain and high temperatures so at least they don't have to start from scratch now.

Yeah I think their web cam is pretty deseaving(sp) because although those piles are huge there is alot of grass showing. But I think those piles of snow are big enough to get a base down.

Camelback is disappointing with their opening this season.

Yes, I would love for them to open even with just one or two trails.

Yes, I would love for them to open even with bad conditions.

Early season riding isn't going to be great, but it beats not riding at all. Blue had a great opening day today. So much for the new owner wanting a "playground." Camelback started their blowing early this year, things were looking up, but in the end nothing really came back to the customers.

Thanks camelback :thumb

I don't really see this as being to surpising for new or old management...I mean if Barry wants to "play" he wants to play on more than 2 trails probably. Just seems like they always have and always will try and get a bunch of trails open for opening day.

Anyway, who knows...I'll get up there in 2 weeks...

Camelback is disappointing with their opening this season.

Yes, I would love for them to open even with just one or two trails.

Yes, I would love for them to open even with bad conditions.

Early season riding isn't going to be great, but it beats not riding at all. Blue had a great opening day today. So much for the new owner wanting a "playground." Camelback started their blowing early this year, things were looking up, but in the end nothing really came back to the customers.

Thanks camelback :thumb

Your point would be valid except for the insanely warm and rainy days we had last week. Hunter was no longer open top-to-bottom and looked horrid the other day. If we didn't have that stretch it would've been a different story I'm sure.

Your point would be valid except for the insanely warm and rainy days we had last week. Hunter was no longer open top-to-bottom and looked horrid the other day. If we didn't have that stretch it would've been a different story I'm sure.

Except my point is validated by blue mountain opening. Camelback had more hours with their guns on, and they boast that their snowmaking is so great, lets see the results. Apparently the results are lots of coverage in their daily pics and a closed mountain. As someone already said in this thread, and they (CB) may have mentioned it somewhere, they could have opened but wanted to wait till more terrain would be available to open.

Don't forget CB has a massive base area to open. If they want to open the park opening day, then you need to have snow from the park, all the way to the quad, which probably takes a while to make....Could they have opened with meadows and the meadows lift, or majies...Probably, just one, not both.

Don't forget CB has a massive base area to open. If they want to open the park opening day, then you need to have snow from the park, all the way to the quad, which probably takes a while to make....Could they have opened with meadows and the meadows lift, or majies...Probably, just one, not both.

I never thought about the snow required to cover that base area. What a waste of snow.

We just took a really hard look at CB a couple of hours ago. the park has HUUUUUUGGGGGGE piles on it, There looks to be 7+ trails fully covered. They really need to open that shit up tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! The really great news is that the tubing run looks to be lacking in snow, alot of it is blowing out into the parking lot. Made for some cool doughnuts :rock