Fixing Chipped Topsheets....

Justin

My first day out at blue, and to my surprise, my board got a bit hacked up.

I have a chip on my nose's edge...more on the topsheet than the actual edge, but it is still along the edge.

How would I go about repairing this? Would p-tex work? Or is this one of those things I should have a shop do?

I had the same problem. If it's a new board, try calling the maunfacturer. If not, then just get some quick set epoxy, fill it in, level it with a scraper, and let it cure. Oh yeah, and you might want to rough up the area with some sandpaper for best bonding. after you do that, if you care about aesthetics, shape it down with some sandpaper, and paint it/color it so it blends in.

yeah, i've been using surfboard resin this year and its holding up really well. let it dry for a few minutes and it gets kinda sticky and you can shape it however you want. obviously its not something easy to come by up here, but i had a bottle laying around from when i had to fix my board over the summer. i've used it for two chunks out of the topsheet, and its worked great. smells like death though.

yeah, i've been using surfboard resin this year and its holding up really well. let it dry for a few minutes and it gets kinda sticky and you can shape it however you want. obviously its not something easy to come by up here, but i had a bottle laying around from when i had to fix my board over the summer. i've used it for two chunks out of the topsheet, and its worked great. smells like death though.

yeah the resin that you used on my board over the summer held up pretty well and your repair job on my skis is holding up pretty well as of now...

lucky freeridintre got that before i could. you had a "here's ur sign" coming to u

Yeah, haha. Well shit, i don't surf, and i've probably never been to a surf shop- so how would i know? Yeah, it's obvious, but i was thinking like, an online store. Like a tognar for surfboards. Think about this- where, around here, have you seen a shop selling ptex?.........i know i haven't seen it.

haha