Cafeteria Workers

Today I got a powerade in the lodge and said i had a pass for my discount but didnt bring it up with me, because you usaully dont need it. So i didnt get the discount. That was fine. But the girl working the register has seen me up there at least 15 times so far this season. But i went up later in the day and brought my pass. I bought a salad and showed my pass, and started to walk away when she says you forgot your change. I said no i dont want it, it was only 11 cents and I didnt feel like taking the change. Then when i said that the girl goes to me whats the point of getting the discount, and i said its not your job to care what i do with my money. And then she goes on about how the discount. Then I say fine give me the momney if you care that much. Then she throws the money at me. I tell her to give me her fucking manager and she brings him out and all the guy says is he will talk to her. I dont think that was right what she did, and what the manager said. But I feel that since i payed $368 for that discount it is up to me to do whatever i want with it. So now I am going to boycott Montages cafeteria food, by throwing up a sign or something. Sorry for this rant but it pissed me off so much, i left early.

She threw the money at you? If I were the manager I wouldn't have lectured her in front of a guest, but you better believe I would have given her a long talking to. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets fired.

Ya she threw the money right at me, and i hope she gets fired, but if she doesnt i will just be a huge dick and drop a slushie on her. Act like im slippin on the sloor and drop it on her.

i will just be a huge dick and drop a slushie on her. Act like im slippin on the sloor and drop it on her.

Just let karma do it's thing... Seeking revenge especially over meaningless stuff like having 11 cents thrown at you is just asking for trouble.

Both, I also get super pissed at stupid people. Most recently the newbie who kept standing on my skis over and over again. If you do plan on dropping a slushie over her head, save it for when I come up there to ski with you, Cole, Schifdog, and Skitzo. It will be mad steezy.

No it would be over her head, i would just act like i tripped and then spill it all over her counter and floor around it. But Glenn talked me out of it with the whole karma thing. But when you coming up Montage?

Edited by montageskier

Just let karma do it's thing... Seeking revenge especially over meaningless stuff like having 11 cents thrown at you is just asking for trouble.

Word! What comes around goes around. You reap what you sow. I know some of you are rolling right now, but you don't really know me, you only know me through the typed dynamics of a message board.

I wish season passholders at Blue got a food discount like employees.

Ditto - CB doesn't offer anything back that I am aware of. Be thankful

But Glenn talked me out of it with the whole karma thing.

Cool

Sounds like you were a dick and she was a dick right back at you. Congrats on pissing off mountain employees, it's not like gapers don't do that enough already.

Try and be nice to service people, it'll pay you back later.

County employee, really. You'd be surprised at the difference.

hmmm.. I noticed that the Belleayre staff are some the nicest and most helpful - but then they are NY state employees, correct?

hmmm.. I noticed that the Belleayre staff are some the nicest and most helpful - but then they are NY state employees, correct?

I have a lot of friends on the Montage staff, so I'm not trashing them. Most Montage employees are the best in the Poconos, from my buds that drive the shuttle to the PSIA people. There are a few gaps, though, that are attributed to the unique ownership. Again, I may be the only person on here that wouldn't change a single thing about Montage.

Belleayre? Probably the friendliest, down-home sort of employees you'll find in the Catskills. But I've experienced the same gaps, too.

But I don't mind. Everybody has a bad day or a bad week. I let MS keep the caf girls in line.

i don't know if it is a related incident, but my friend who works there was telling me how on the schedule it said that the one girl was fired. I don't know how to really describe her, but she was on the short side and had brown hair about shoulder length,pretty pale skin. May be because of that... but, i worked there last year and the stadium over the summer(same managers) and all of them are pretty laid back. Depending on which manager it was would probably be the deciding factor in the action taken against her.

i don't know if it is a related incident, but my friend who works there was telling me how on the schedule it said that the one girl was fired. I don't know how to really describe her, but she was on the short side and had brown hair about shoulder length,pretty pale skin. May be because of that... but, i worked there last year and the stadium over the summer(same managers) and all of them are pretty laid back. Depending on which manager it was would probably be the deciding factor in the action taken against her.

That sounds like her, thanks for the info Rossirider. Sorry if she was a friend of yours but she kinda diserved it, but i was also at fault, but she had it coming. Because if it wasnt the other day it would have been later in the season, the girl has been on mine and my groups nerves all year.

Edited by montageskier

That sounds like her, thanks for the info Rossirider. Sorry if she was a friend of yours but she kinda diserved it, but i was also at fault, but she had it coming. Because if it wasnt the other day it would have been later in the season, the girl has been on mine and my groups nerves all year.

no problem, she wasn't what i would call a friend, but she would give me free food haha. So that kind of sucks for me, but i would have acted the same was as you or worse. Most of the cashiers that work there don't really care much at all about what goes on. You just have to watch out for the older heavier-set one. I believe you ski with the one board instructor, i don't know his name, but the other day i saw her trying to charge him for a cup he took and he was a bit angered haha :nono I still am not exactly sure who you are but i am guessing you are the one with orange on your boots?

no problem, she wasn't what i would call a friend, but she would give me free food haha. So that kind of sucks for me, but i would have acted the same was as you or worse. Most of the cashiers that work there don't really care much at all about what goes on. You just have to watch out for the older heavier-set one. I believe you ski with the one board instructor, i don't know his name, but the other day i saw her trying to charge him for a cup he took and he was a bit angered haha :nono I still am not exactly sure who you are but i am guessing you are the one with orange on your boots?

Ya thats us, I have a dark yellowish orange boot, so if you seem me up there just come over and say high. But that girl was the only one who charges for a cup, are you kidding me charging for a cup is rediculous.

• 5 months later...

I know this is old, but i finally solved this mystery.

The girl who threw the money at me is now a co worker of mine. She is fucking the one manager. And about the girl that got fired, she was giving free food out to ski patrol and got caught. Also do you work at the Stadium now? Because i do, im up in stand 6. O and about the bosses they being laid back, ya they are, Matty is the man. So is bubba.

ur lucky ur a cashier, i have to work in the hot back cooking and wrappiing burgers, for a minor league baseball stadium,,, but the good thing is I work wit my friends so i can talk to them

Who do you work for? I work for the Scranton/Wilkes Barre Red Barons. And actually now im in charge of my stand. So instead of cashier, all i do is make hotdogs and wrap them, make pretzels, Get the food for my cashiers, and make pretty good tips.

u guys work for a minor league baseball stadium? Thats a pretty cool summer job

For me its alright, but attendence is down, and it gets to be extremly boring.

Water under the bridge now?