skier/boardercross

tretiak

Are they going to just have it on the current boardercross track? It seemed a little too small and short when I tried to race my friends on it. Turns were too small to fit more than 1 rider on them. It could have used some more rollers in the middle too.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'll def be there, its on raceway this time, like in march last year. The jumps wont be all that big since its on raceway so maybe a little 20ft table, some decent size rollers and a step up after the tight burms in the beginning. I took 3rd last year in it so hopefully this year ill be able to do better. Registration is at the summit lodge at 8 am, 10 bucks to enter. Good Luck to all who is entering :rock

Yeah I'll def be there, its on raceway this time, like in march last year. The jumps wont be all that big since its on raceway so maybe a little 20ft table, some decent size rollers and a step up after the tight burms in the beginning. I took 3rd last year in it so hopefully this year ill be able to do better. Registration is at the summit lodge at 8 am, 10 bucks to enter. Good Luck to all who is entering :rock

USASA comps at bear for us.. Ridge will be at ELK for a J4 slalom

is this jason?

Usually you must enter to be able to ride the course. A few years ago they used to drop the ropes on the courses as soon as the events were done, but they havent been doing that for a while, and I believe thats due to the fact that runs like raceway are not listed as freestyle terrain so there are possible legal implications. Enter though, there arent usually a ton of girls that do...

Usually you must enter to be able to ride the course. A few years ago they used to drop the ropes on the courses as soon as the events were done, but they havent been doing that for a while, and I believe thats due to the fact that runs like raceway are not listed as freestyle terrain so there are possible legal implications. Enter though, there arent usually a ton of girls that do...

what the course wont be on sidewinder ???

I don't race yet, I am not good enough. Bob was always a skier, but I just started last year. In another life ( 10+ years ago) I was a boarder but I had to stop. I took a break from snowsports and went to college, but now I am back with a vengance. I am not really a speed freak and don't think I am competitive enought for racing though. My favorite skiing is steep trails with challenging conditions, bumps, berms and jumps. Maybe I'll do skier cross next year, who knows. I would actually really love to learn aerials. I used to be a dancer and I have some gymnastics training and think I could be very good with some practice. Private lessons anyone? Just kidding.

I don't race yet, I am not good enough. I used to be a dancer and I have some gymnastics training and think I could be very good with some practice. Private lessons anyone? Just kidding.

THe Nastar courses (no groans from the audience) are perfectly suited for anyone of any ability to get the thrill of racing. They are easy and fun to do. The best part about them is that your results are tracked and you can see progress when you improve. It is easy to improve with in Nastar if you have never raced before.

The park is also easy - just start small.

I am going too but not entering. Does anyone think it will be crowded? I don't want to wait an hour and a half to get on the lift :banghead:banghead . What kind of race is this? Is this freestyle or GS? :confused:unsure:

I don't know whether it is being held on Raceway or not except for what I've heard on this board, but if that is the case then the quad and challenge lift shouldn't have any extra traffic due to skier and boarder X.

The race itself is run down a course including berms, rollers, and jumps, and is run 4 riders at a time.

I don't know whether it is being held on Raceway or not except for what I've heard on this board, but if that is the case then the quad and challenge lift shouldn't have any extra traffic due to skier and boarder X.

The race itself is run down a course including berms, rollers, and jumps, and is run 4 riders at a time.

i figured it would be on lower sidewinder