Results from Tonight

Ski

In Metz's defense, his first run was in an EXTREMELY rutted course, that Doug and I had been racing on for over an hour and a half. We got some really fast runs in on a nice smooth course, then the ruts just started getting deeper and deeper and deeper.

I missed being the fastest of the night by .03 seconds :angry:

In Metz's defense, his first run was in an EXTREMELY rutted course, that Doug and I had been racing on for over an hour and a half. We got some really fast runs in on a nice smooth course, then the ruts just started getting deeper and deeper and deeper.

How were your times in the later part of the night in the ruts?

And that would be one of the many problems with compairng one place of nastar to another....and stuff....All the pacesetters should have to be able to ski like...atleast under 18HC to add consistancy to it

It rained at RT's pacesetter trials. Pacesetters that were 10's are now 16's; 15's are 22's...there was an old guy from BC at trials that is now a certified 56HC, although he usually skis a 30-something. They may not give out ANY medals the night he pacesets at Bear Creek :D

I watched them do about 3 runs on the course i was impressed. Jeff wanted to spot me 5 beans to race as well, but i was on my new schtick and wasn't sure how it would handle through the gates. I decided though that next time those guys are up there i may give it a try. I think i could give some of you guys a run for your money.

They have a 14HC pacesetting on weekends, where people are getting platinums, while we get the 22HC chick who is much better then a 22 on weeknights :(

22 HC's should not be pacesetting.. I think there is something about a minimum. The rules are vague, I know there is a alot of contention going on right now within Nastar - but then there was last year at the beginning of the season also. Race a lot. race different places. Handicaps will average out.

Well, I of course need to pop up and throw in my 2 cents... I got up to the hill at 8 (damn getting out of work late and traffic on 78) As Jeff said, the course was really rutted up, and I will openly admit that i got really gun shy seeing those big ruts when a little one tossed me... BUT, there is absolutely no reason for my piss poor times, other than piss poor skiing. My mouth is shut until I post a time worth talking about. (hopefully this weekend at CB, cause I love a little friendly trash talking :devil: )

The real story of the night is meeting two new mountain buddies that are definitely a pair of cool cats. Doug and Jib you guys are definitely awesome to hit the mountain with. I can't wait to get up to blue again to hang out. hopefully it'll be for longer next time.

Jeff, Doug, Mtn Bike (thought I didn't get to talk much with you, we'll definitely talk next time) great job going after that course.

Quote of the night: Jib- "OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT" (while taking the big booter on the top of sidewinder for the first time)

priceless.

:banghead:nana:rock

I like your new signiture Steeze...I think I'm going to use the signiture field for my views on Abortion, The Flat Tax, and whether it is ethical to send monkeys into Outer Space... :rock:banghead:lol

Yeah - I got the idea from here. Not a bad way to get some obscure, rarely noticed thing, noticed.... BTW I glanced at your scores this morning. Good job! I am betting that you will continue to improve and will likely be the fastest on the PASR team that doesn't race formally. I hope you guys can race at BC and CB to even out the pace setter scores you are running against..

averaging .43 slower is a slow down, for sure :)

Alot of times when the course gets scraped off the times decrease! CB closed the course due to ice last sunday :confused Good thing you guys weren't there.

Edited by Papasteeze

Good time and GOOD TIMES. I know where I'll be Thursday nights, trying close that gap! Definately liking the all mountain experience - from gates to the booters and everything in between!

Who went faster?

Wow, that's great, Glenn.

Just remember everything I ever suggested and do the exact opposite.

Doug absolutely blew me away. I only got two runs in since I got there so late, the first one was my first run of the night, and my second one I crashed half way down the course. Oh well, all we can do is come back out and give it another go next week or sometime soon.

Yeah - I got the idea from here. Not a bad way to get some obscure, rarely noticed thing, noticed.... BTW I glanced at your scores this morning. Good job! I am betting that you will continue to improve and will likely be the fastest on the PASR team that doesn't race formally. I hope you guys can race at BC and CB to even out the pace setter scores you are running against..

Alot of times when the course gets scraped off the times decrease! CB closed the course due to ice last sunday :confused Good thing you guys weren't there.

'Twasn't icey...They just didn't feel like waiting around for 2 people to take a few more laps :rofl

A little slick maybe, but a good set...2 less gates than normal :naughty