Park Pass!

Stevo

Park Passes  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support park passes? If not, explain.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could maybe see park passes on saturdays during the day periods...Something like that...

what about ski club nights? c'mon now. sometimes i would rather ski the park on a saturday afternoon rather than a weeknight because those kids think that it would be so cool jsut to ride through the park... and they do it without any thought process at all, and just do whatever the hell they want.

what about ski club nights? c'mon now. sometimes i would rather ski the park on a saturday afternoon rather than a weeknight because those kids think that it would be so cool jsut to ride through the park... and they do it without any thought process at all, and just do whatever the hell they want.

Busiest on saturdays during the days. Park passes will have less people in the park, which would be the idea. You could hope it would be people that know what there doing, but less bodies in there, would be a start.

Busiest on saturdays during the days. Park passes will have less people in the park, which would be the idea. You could hope it would be people that know what there doing, but less bodies in there, would be a start.

I think you're starting to understand where we're coming from.

i want some good reasons on why people DONT want park passes... hopefully nobody thinks that way though.

Yes Please- that's why i started this thingy.

But thats a pain in my @$$ :lol

The only negative to a park pass is that people think they are entitled to the whole mountain or they are like skidude, don't like being told no, but will be happy to tell everyone else "no" about what he believes in. or they are too lazy to take 15 minutes out for a priveliedge that lasts the whole season. :nana

Even If the passes are free, If they could be revoked if you are posing a danger, then I think it would help cut down on stupid people.

i agree with that.... but who would make that decision? ski patrol? HA. i saw ski patrol ride down of the middle of the stairs. they ahve no idea whats going on in the park. if that duty were given to the park crue.. that would be a different story.

I think the park should be ALWAYS staffed. There should be a visible presence of not only park crue, but people who can answer questions, and politely direct peoples attention to the signs and warnings BEFORE they enter the park. This could test out if passes are really necessary, because perhaps if families or crappy riders had a chance to reconsider and read the dangers of the park, then it would cut down on some of the traffic. Just trying to think of different ways to solve this ever growing problem.

Park passes for life!

I think the park should be ALWAYS staffed. There should be a visible presence of not only park crue, but people who can answer questions, and politely direct peoples attention to the signs and warnings BEFORE they enter the park. This could test out if passes are really necessary, because perhaps if families or crappy riders had a chance to reconsider and read the dangers of the park, then it would cut down on some of the traffic. Just trying to think of different ways to solve this ever growing problem.

Park passes for life!

Thats a good idea!!!

Park passes for life!

then again, you'll still get the snobby rich families who think nothing of it. some punk kid telling them they cant ski down this trail. theyd look down the trail and say, "we'll be fine, get out of my way"

Here's my two cents...

Park Passes are a must, but I don't think an added cost is the important part, although parks take extra TLC from the resort staff so a little $5 kicker wouldn't be that unreasonable. the important part of the pass is that people should have to watch a video be tested on proper park conduct and then maybe sign a waiver.

This process would discourge any people who weren't serious about park usage from persuing a park pass.

I also think it would be a good idea to form the park crew to be like a park specific branch of the ski patrol. People who are not only able to to fix features, but also enforce rules, and also act as a first responder to serious accidents.

-----

All this talk about park passes is a good step, but I see a lot of things Blue could to to help this problem without major administrative procedures.

I think I am going to break this off into another thread...

Here's my two cents...

Park Passes are a must, but I don't think an added cost is the important part, although parks take extra TLC from the resort staff so a little $5 kicker wouldn't be that unreasonable. the important part of the pass is that people should have to watch a video be tested on proper park conduct and then maybe sign a waiver.

This process would discourge any people who weren't serious about park usage from persuing a park pass.

I also think it would be a good idea to form the park crew to be like a park specific branch of the ski patrol. People who are not only able to to fix features, but also enforce rules, and also act as a first responder to serious accidents.

-----

All this talk about park passes is a good step, but I see a lot of things Blue could to to help this problem without major administrative procedures.

I think I am going to break this off into another thread...

do you really think 16/17 year olds are going to want to take any sort of medical classes? plus i dont think you can even be considered for a ski patrol like job unless youre 18+

There are Junior ski patrollers who are under 18 kind of like an apprentice thing. I rode the lift with one of them last season at Booter.

oh, what do they do?

Also in the bottom park I think they should put up a fence with a tiny opening at the entrance so people can't blindly fly into the lower park to get more speed for the left side hit. I was just calling "Dropping In" and about to go when a dude whizzed by me with extra speed from boardercross.

thats the only way you can clear it. i pop so hard everytime i hit that jump and never make it when i start by the fence.

Also in the bottom park I think they should put up a fence with a tiny opening at the entrance so people can't blindly fly into the lower park to get more speed for the left side hit. I was just calling "Dropping In" and about to go when a dude whizzed by me with extra speed from boardercross....very rude.

you need alot of speed for the left side other wise you hit the knucle and it doesnt feel to good on your body. there is no possible way if you are on a snowboard to get enough speed for the left side. so dont put a fence up in the lower park

They should rethink the design of the feature if there isn't enough speed. I see nothing wrong with getting extra speed from lower sidewinder if there are no people in the entrance or waiting but flying by with 10+ people and somebody just starting to gain speed is rude and against the rules. The ski patrollers are afraid of the park and never yell at anybody.

no common sense means dont sit in front of the enterace of the park and there would be no need to have to clear people outta the way

they cant really redesign it unless they push they opening of the park back a little. in that case, they wouldnt need to redesign cause you would be starting from where you need to.

a little off subject, but why is the flat box like sideways on the trail, i just think its wierd.

Edited by Shadows

they may have moved it, but the flat box used to be after the double set at the bottom park (the one we were discussing) but it was setup sideways

yea they moved it next to the flat down box with the lights. now in its place would be a mini battleship that has given me a huge gash in my leg.

They should rethink the design of the feature if there isn't enough speed. I see nothing wrong with getting extra speed from lower sidewinder if there are no people in the entrance or waiting but flying by with 10+ people and somebody just starting to gain speed is rude and against the rules. The ski patrollers are afraid of the park and never yell at anybody.

actually... people shouldnt be sitting on their asses in the entrance to the park to begin with. that is the part that is "against the rules".... not CALLING your drop in.

Yeah but what about all the people on the other side of the fence waiting their turn? What gives you or anybody the right to cut in front of them and ruin the jump for the person who is just getting their speed up. I like when all the snowboarders sit like ducks at the entrance to the lower park, keeps people from butting in front of everybody from above. And I like the Sonny Bono thing...

If you want to hit the left side, you need speed. The only way to get speed is from boarder x. But then again, those people should at least call their drop when they're going towards the park.