Blue 1/22/06

ColoradoHigh

Hey everyone, I am going up to Blue tommorow. I will be wearing black pants, red and grey jacket with many pockets, orange tinted goggles, black helmet, Gordini goggles, and Atomic Skis. The skis are blue. Boots are black. I hope to meet a few people there tommorow from here. I didn't meet anyone thus far this season. I hope I will. :rock:rock:rock:wiggle:yes:woot

Hey everyone, I am going up to Blue tommorow. I will be wearing black pants, red and grey jacket with many pockets, orange tinted goggles, black helmet, Gordini goggles, and Atomic Skis. The skis are blue. Boots are black. I hope to meet a few people there tommorow from here. I didn't meet anyone thus far this season. I hope I will. :rock:rock:rock:wiggle:yes:woot

look for the kids wwearing Darkside Freeride team (its the freestyle ski program)... i'll be with them helping them film and whatnot.

We were at Blue on Sunday from 7:15 to 12:30. Conditions weren' t bad considering the weather. Early it was packed granluar over a nice ice layer. As the day went on it slushed up into a granular powder, which was pushed into ski jarring piles. Anyway, we skied the blues for the 1st hour or so, then did a few Challenge runs (Razors & Raceway was closed for racing). Challenge was full of varied conditions, but totally skiable and not too icy. Early in the day, when no one was over there, I took a run on Lower Sidewinder (finally) and I wasn't really impressed. I think it would have been better if there was more snow, since there were some ruts and bare spots and the burms weren't really high enough. I did get some air off of the 1st jump at the end of the trail, (my 1st attempt at the jumps) but we stayed out of the park for the rest of the day, since we don't know what we are doing there and want to stay out of the way of those who do. All and all, not a bad day.

Thanks for respecting the park sexkitten! We need more like you. Keep your eyes peeled for PASR stickers on skis and I'm sure one of us would gladly give you a tour if you wanna see what goes down in there.

Papa, whats the length on those Darksides. I don't know anyone offhand but I'll keep my ears open. We are looking for twins for some of the kids that joined up with the program this weekend. The kids are pretty short, both 9 years old I believe, and would need something around a 130 I'm thinking. Keep your eyes peeled. Thanks.

Thanks for respecting the park sexkitten! We need more like you. Keep your eyes peeled for PASR stickers on skis and I'm sure one of us would gladly give you a tour if you wanna see what goes down in there.

Papa, whats the length on those Darksides. I don't know anyone offhand but I'll keep my ears open. We are looking for twins for some of the kids that joined up with the program this weekend. The kids are pretty short, both 9 years old I believe, and would need something around a 130 I'm thinking. Keep your eyes peeled. Thanks.

My Line Darksides are 165 mounted for all mountain skiing - soft - small tail tip (not for landing switch)

I also have the next generation of the Darksides, the yellow Ti 7.3 exact same cut and 165cm, brand new, never mounted. More of an all-mountain ski, stiffer than the Darksides for better carving.

I have nipples first set of twins Line Ghettoblasters at 133cm - They sort of have sentimental value... They are rare, top sheet construction so any grom can beat them to death and they will hold up. I think the Junior Marker motion is on them, not positive.

I have Nipples 3rd set of twins, Amada AR3 @ 140cm - beat up, but signed by Vincent Dorian from summer camp.

I think Nipples' skis that we have are worth more to me sentimentally than they are in real life. I just thought you should know what we have.

I guess everything has its price... However everyone wants a deal. Not sure I should have typed all this.

Edited by Papasteeze

I was there on Sunday as well and given the past weather it was pretty good. Switchback was a lot of fun. Went down Lazy mile and was laughing my ass off, there were so many people; all ages scattered about the run. I think that the varied conditions were just killing people. It was a very wierd site. There was fresh blown, very sticky snow, piled loose granular and some nice hard-pack which was great with race skis. It was good snow for keeping your game sharp.

My friend who is a level 5-6, took a nasty fall on main street, ended up off the trail into a small pine tree, He's getting x-rays today for possible broken ribs. I think by the end of the week, they should have the opportunity to get things back into shape. I am ordering my new skis this week or next (Head 77 chips) so I am hoping for some decent runs.

Finndog, I think I may have seen your friend crash. You are right about the conditions, they were pretty tricky. When my legs needed a rest Bob and I cruised the easy trails and totally enjoyed watching the newbies fall. I picked up alot of poles, that's for sure. Although, it wasn't very funny when, on Challenge, (while ski patrol was taking up 1/2 of the mountain) a crazy old guy was totally out of control and took me out... TWICE. I finally asked him to go ahead of me, where he took out a little kid who could have outskiied him with his eyes closed. Damn newbies! At least when I fall I don't take out other skiers.

Finndog, I think I may have seen your friend crash. You are right about the conditions, they were pretty tricky. When my legs needed a rest Bob and I cruised the easy trails and totally enjoyed watching the newbies fall. I picked up alot of poles, that's for sure. Although, it wasn't very funny when, on Challenge, (while ski patrol was taking up 1/2 of the mountain) a crazy old guy was totally out of control and took me out... TWICE. I finally asked him to go ahead of me, where he took out a little kid who could have outskiied him with his eyes closed. Damn newbies! At least when I fall I don't take out other skiers.

i woudlve beat the S*** out of him.

i was thier yesterday. i fell getting speed for the first booter and my car key punchered my upper thigh. but im still going to montage tommorow.

i was up there today. everything was perfect. i loved it. best conditions since we got fresh powder. skied the park most of the day because everything was soft.

After some rough terrain park days, Rob drives home a bruised Nipples.

I think Glenn would give me a 2 day ban if I finished my thought about Bob.

i was thier yesterday. i fell getting speed for the first booter and my car key punchered my upper thigh. but im still going to montage tommorow.

Give a shout if you see an orange helmet...

yesterday's conditions were ok considering the recent weather..yesterday's events were enough to drive me f'in insane, way too many newbies being where they shouldn't be..

1. i was knocked over by a boarder coming off the right kicker before that cliff towards the bottom of upper sidewinder (and I was standing on edge by my buddy about 25 yds downhill to the side of the slope). he lost control in the landing and i had no time to move, he missed myy buddy by like 2 inches..that pissed me off.. :banghead

2. not one, but TWO girls came into the lower park out of control and just boarded over, into, and all through my girl's board, my board, and two other kids! If you can't control your board, guess what, you shouldn't be on that part of the mtn., needless to say i saw them twice more in the park, where they SHOULDN't be! :banghead

3. while in the lift line, little kids just cannot seem to have patience while waiting in line, because about 10x i turned around to give these little 10-15yr olds some nasty look because they are ramming my board and taking chips out of my topsheet.. :banghead

i could go on, but that's enough of a rant..heading to Hunter Mtn. tomorrow, hopefully it will be a better day... :rock

since we're talking abot booter, does anyone know these two girls that are like 10 years old and can ride park pretty good? one of them has an all pink suit i think and the other one has some blue pants i think.

i have never seen these girls in the park and i'm there every day... literally. so i have no idea. must not have been from around here.

Nah they are up there alot. I think the one girl is actually the daughter of the director of the snowboard school, but I may have heard wrong. They definitely rip though.

Probably cuz I'm up there more than you John. Not anymore though... Yes I'm bitter that I have classes Tuesday through Thursday.