Greek Peak Vertical Challenge for ACS!

Ski4Food

Hey everyone in PA!

Greek Peak will be having the first ever 24 Hour Vertical Challenge East of The Rockies this year!

The event is March 4th and 5th and will help benifit the American Cancer Society!

It's a Relay for Life type event! But on Skis!

The website is http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=150821

If you have any questions visit the site or let me know!

It'd be great to see a PASR team come up and fight for the Vertical Challenge bragging rights!

Let me know what's up and I'll keep you all posted!

Hey everyone!

This does sound like a really cool event. Especially for all you vertical extreme guys!! :rock I know that we have some monsters that as an organized group could probably take this thing. CHIME IN and comment!

http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=150821

The event is a 24 hour event taking place on March 4th and 5th.

It's going to be a great time, and we're really stoked and would love to see a PASR team come up and fight for the Vertical Feet bragging rights.

We're also going to be having our Annual mogul challenge on the 4th, so those coming up may even be able to combine 2 events and have an awesome and unforgetable weekend on snow!

If we get enough interest from PASR maybe you could make a special forum dedicated to the Vertical Challenge, and spread the word out! We're looking to get teams from all over the Northeast!

Let me know what you think!

Jake

Sounds like a great event! I've never been to Greek Peak, any mountain reviews or comments, how far from the Lehigh Valley? I'd like to check it out it we we can't get to the Relay...

It's about 2 hrs. from the I 80 area. Worth cheching out, especially if they stay open later than PA resorts.

• 3 weeks later...

O.K. Do you think 200 thousand verts is possible? Does Greek Peak have any fast lifts?

Our longest and fastest lifts do have foot rests, and each run take about 8-10 minutes, and we have 952 Vertical feet. So you do the math!

I'm real glad you all are interested. I will get you more information tomorrow! So check back soon, and I'll have more answers! So if you have questions, post 'em, and I'll get you answers! Or PM me!

Thanks Guys!

I have to see what my plans are for that weekend but I'm seriously thinkin about it. it gives me an excuse to go up there again haha. I wonder who is renting my neighbors condo that weekend :confused hummmm...

Edited by Zonked

it would deffently be a nice endourence test and it acculy means something for me. zonked if you could get that condo for the weekend that would be sooooo sick. it would be nice to have a place to sleep befor driving home after skiing/rideing for 24 hours straight.

it would deffently be a nice endourence test and it acculy means something for me. zonked if you could get that condo for the weekend that would be sooooo sick. it would be nice to have a place to sleep befor driving home after skiing/rideing for 24 hours straight.

Yeah definately a good test of endurance. I'll talk to my rents and neighbors if people are really interested. It may already be rented out but that would definitely would be awesome (For future notice, anyone lookin for a cheap hotel up near GP, DONT EVER STAY at the Three Bear Inn- Please just take my word haha)

1. is there any sort of prize 2. how many people to a team?

There will be prizes. However, at this point I don't think they have figured out what the prizes will be.

Also that weekend and during the event we will be having a mogul competition. And there are talks of also having a midnight rail jam and halfpipe competition. So there will be a lot of cool things going on as well. I also believe Nastar will be up anr running that weekend as well.

The teams are made up of 2-10 people.

For answers to other questions visit the website and the FAQ's section:

http://www.acsevents.org/faf/home/default....7B61C7439801E1D

or goto

www.GreekPeak.net

and follow the link!