Spyder Jacket

sexkitten

Is it crazy to spend $675.00 for a Spyder Jacket. It is time for a new one and the Spyder Vail jacket is the one I want. Any comments or product reviews appreciated.

Thanks.

Spyder Vail jacket

I'm sure it could be found for half the price on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...cket&category0=

Is it crazy to spend $675.00 for a Spyder Jacket. It is time for a new one and the Spyder Vail jacket is the one I want. Any comments or product reviews appreciated.

Thanks.

Spyder Vail jacket

Yes. Wait until the end of season sales or the August sales. Then buy some OTHER jacket. The Spyder products we have are not as waterproof or warm as any other piece of ski apparel we've owned. So, it would last you forever, since you'd never use it.

My best ski outfit for most conditions is a detachable one piece made of all conditions Goretext by Schoffel or something like that. I paid $150 for it at a pre-season (read leftovers) sale two years back.

Edited by sibhusky

Just my 2 cents: if price isn't an issue, then buy it. If price matters, buy it in the spring. I've owned Nordica and Columbia jackets, but my Spyder is the best I've experienced. Sib's right about lack of waterproofing in some Spyder products, but I've always used an after-market waterproofer, anyway.

RacerChick, all of me would fit in a kids large except my boobs and legs. Not to get too personal, but I am 5'10" tall with a 37" inseam and a D cup. The kids jacket would fit but not zip and the pants might come to my knee if I am lucky. Good thought though. I get tees from the little boys section all the time.