picture of Blue from the winter

emtp563

Here is a pic I snapped at Blue today. I want you to experience the 8 mega pixel hi-res goodness of this one. Save it for wallpaper or something for the Summer. (dial-up users beware- the pic is 7.5mb, turn image resizing off in your browser/image viewer as well) If anyone wants to see some more from today, let me know and I'll post a couple more.

http://www.oc-athlonxp.com/web_images/blue_2.jpg

Here's another one (100% crop):

blue_3.jpg

Edited by emtp563

In the picture, on the left is Razors Edge, which is the race trail. It is about 3300' feet long, drops ~950 vertical feet, has two headwalls, with a nice fast middle section, and is WIDE open, very wide, great for races. Challenge on the right is much narrower, and goes down the fall line more...

Challenge%20and%20Razors%20Edge%20framed.jpg

Razors is awesome. I love bombing that. Even if it's icy :drool oh- so good.

Razor def gets more traffic. Thursday, Razor was packed due to the slow conditions in the afternoon. I think it's also a more diverse trail then Challenge. Maybe a little longer? :dunno

That's a great pic. What kind of camera do you have?

If you save the pic, right click on it, choose properties/summary/advanced you'll see all the exif information for the picture. But it is a Canon EOS 350D.

Thanks for the link. Cool pics.

If you save the pic, right click on it, choose properties/summary/advanced you'll see all the exif information for the picture. But it is a Canon EOS 350D.

Thanks for the link. Cool pics.

the exif data is saying it was shot on a EOS Digital Rebel XT? Is that just another way of saying EOS 350D? I am a nikon guy so i don't understand the Canon naming convention. Good shot though. You could have probably bumped the aperature up a stop or 2 and let the AP pick a slower shutter speed. Would have brought more into focus, but f8 is certainly a good choice for the shot and there is nothing wrong with what you did. Just nit-picky photo geek stuff, sorry. haha.

Edit: although on second thought opening the apertaure a little more and slowing down the shutter speed may have blurred the people on the school hill depending on how fast they were going and how low of a shutter speed the AP selected to obtain the proper exposure. However as long as your about 250 or higher on the shutter speed you prolly would have been ok. Play around! yay photography.

Edited by Jib-o-phonic

the exif data is saying it was shot on a EOS Digital Rebel XT? Is that just another way of saying EOS 350D? I am a nikon guy so i don't understand the Canon naming convention. Good shot though. You could have probably bumped the aperature up a stop or 2 and let the AP pick a slower shutter speed. Would have brought more into focus, but f8 is certainly a good choice for the shot and there is nothing wrong with what you did. Just nit-picky photo geek stuff, sorry. haha.

Edit: although on second thought opening the apertaure a little more and slowing down the shutter speed may have blurred the people on the school hill depending on how fast they were going and how low of a shutter speed the AP selected to obtain the proper exposure. However as long as your about 250 or higher on the shutter speed you prolly would have been ok. Play around! yay photography.

Yeah, the EOS 350D is the Digital Rebel XT. It wasn't my intention to get everything in the foreground (ie, the people on the school hill/in the base area) in focus. I was concentrating on the mountain itself. It was pure luck the people on the school hill were in focus, LOL.

This was one of the first pics I've shot that I shot in RAW. My Canon 28-135 USM IS is the best lens I own- and unfortunately I don't like it. Pics come out really soft. I sharpened this one, adjusted the WB, in a RAW editor.

When I get some more money this Spring/Summer I'm going to invest in an "L" lense. "L" are Canon's professional series of glass.

Yeah, the EOS 350D is the Digital Rebel XT. It wasn't my intention to get everything in the foreground (ie, the people on the school hill/in the base area) in focus. I was concentrating on the mountain itself. It was pure luck the people on the school hill were in focus, LOL.

This was one of the first pics I've shot that I shot in RAW. My Canon 28-135 USM IS is the best lens I own- and unfortunately I don't like it. Pics come out really soft. I sharpened this one, adjusted the WB, in a RAW editor.

When I get some more money this Spring/Summer I'm going to invest in an "L" lense. "L" are Canon's professional series of glass.

Yea you really have to watch with lower quality lenses in that zoom range. Even with nikon, we've had problems with our sigma lenses in that range, but the pro nikons aren't as bad. I'd love to know why that range lens gives such soft focus/back focusing issues.

RAW is fun to play with, but i don't have much experience with it. Seems as though you are enjoying it. With such a huge sized image why not crop those people out or at least the fence. Or if you want to make it real sweet go into photoshop and take them out. As i said before... horay photography!