Open In april

stu

Hey if the mountain stays open til April we can do a Tuckermans party. Hike up the side of the trail, cheer at any one who falls down, and pretend that we are really in the mountains earning our turns.

Knowing BC they'll raise ticket prices for spring. I like BC, but they gouge as much as possible. I know, I know, that new lodge was expensive.

They are not as bad as CB...The first day of the season they were charging full price, while Blue was selling discounted tickets with more terrain open. They will not offer a discouted ticket near the end, $123 for a march pass, I wonder how many of them were sold. :lol:

Edited by poconoceancity

Knowing BC they'll raise ticket prices for spring. I like BC, but they gouge as much as possible. I know, I know, that new lodge was expensive.

It costs me all of $12 to ski a night at Bear when I go. I don't see them gouging the prices up.

Or you could just go to Tuckermans for real?

There has been a bunch of talk this year of local mountains staying open till April, pond skimming, people skiing naked, etc... Sounds like a fun end of season. Heard today that Im goin to Whistler in June. Maybe my summer will only be three months this year...

This topic has been hijacked:

hijacked.gif

Anyone know how long BC plans to stay open? I thought their base was great this week, but I'm hearing "ifs" about next week... I'm not ready to hear ifs yet... :no

Got to love your posts Skimom. You made my day. Where do you find these great animations? :D

P.S. I had that same feeling my last day up north.

I was there this afternoon for a couple of hours teachin my friend to ski. It was extremely nice weather-long sleeve shirt + tshirt and was perfectly fine all evening. The snow was a little slushy but I had a blast working on carving. Hopefully I'll be back up there sunday the 19th. We'll see how the snow holds up till then

I was there this afternoon for a couple of hours teachin my friend to ski. It was extremely nice weather-long sleeve shirt + tshirt and was perfectly fine all evening. The snow was a little slushy but I had a blast working on carving. Hopefully I'll be back up there sunday the 19th. We'll see how the snow holds up till then

We must have just missed you! there is snow - albiet they got hurt this weekend, as did everyone........... and I heard plans to freshen up the conditions if the temps drop low enough at the end of this week.

Yeah,it looks like after tomorrow night(tues) the low @ night will be below 35 all the way through next tues. I'd love to see them blow snow @least one more time. Although I've heard talks that they will only blow on night if they do....

I went up today to ride for a lil while before class w/ my girl and we did one run and gave up. The "snow" was ubber slow and pretty slushy/watery so we just hung out w/ quad lifties till 4 then went to class.

...adam...

Edited by righthandedlefty

Yeah,it looks like after tomorrow night(tues) the low @ night will be below 35 all the way through next tues. I'd love to see them blow snow @least one more time. Although I've heard talks that they will only blow on night if they do....

I went up today to ride for a lil while before class w/ my girl and we did one run and gave up. The "snow" was ubber slow and pretty slushy/watery so we just hung out w/ quad lifties till 4 then went to class.

...adam...

Yeah we need an update from some of the BC people. Temps for the next 10 days look solid for a good freshening up of snow.

We had every intention of staying open weeknights and full weekend hours as long as the conditions allowed, ideally into mid-april.

The hot weather lately destroyed those hopes. Once the ground thaws and the snow starts to melt rapidly you end up with lots of water flowing under the snow so it is melting from both sides.

We spent 2 hours yesterday discussing the upcoming snowmaking opportunities and, best case scenario, we would be able to make just under 15 acre feet of snow. That translates into less than 8" over the terrain we hoped to keep open. With the snow acting as an insulator for the thawed ground/flowing water it wouldn't last long enough to pay for the snowmaking expense.

Let's hope that we have a colder winter next year so we can stockpile more snow on the parks and we can make it into April.

Edited by BC-Mark