CB closed midweek now

sibhusky

I'm starting to see what people are complaining about with Camelback.

Trust me when I tell you that the upper management is not concerned about the core skiing community who call CB home. They think that they do more than enough for the ski team for example. Their focus is on the family weekend ticket and getting Camelbeach open.

I'm starting to see what people are complaining about with Camelback.

:yes

Trust me when I tell you that the upper management is not concerned about the core skiing community who call CB home. They think that they do more than enough for the ski team for example. Their focus is on the family weekend ticket and getting Camelbeach open.

:rock

The Camelback ship is sinking fast. :banghead

They wonder why people get so pissed off at them.

from where i stand, its already sunk.

I can't believe cb didn't even do a discounted ticket thing. Everywhere else has had a discount, and blue has the spring fling. cb is still at full price. This is why they did not recieve my business over spring break.

I can't believe cb didn't even do a discounted ticket thing. Everywhere else has had a discount, and blue has the spring fling. cb is still at full price. This is why they did not recieve my business over spring break.

haha we didnt even start spring break yet :angry:

Because of reasons posted above, and more, I believe that next season my bro and I are going to be hitting up Blue instead of Camelback. We both liked Blue more anyway, but we liked the Camelcard discount at Camelback, however, I don't think that will be enough to get our business back for next year.

Let's all remember that CB is not open to lose money. It's a business. If Blue is operating at a loss than that's their problem. CB may be angering hardcore skiiers/riders, but you can't fault them for closing after 3 days of record high temps and rain...not to mention it's mid-march.

Edited by setagehtta

Let's all remember that CB is not open to lose money. It's a business. If Blue is operating at a loss than that's their problem. CB may be angering hardcore skiiers/riders, but you can't fault them for closing after 3 days of record high temps and rain...not to mention it's mid-march.

Ok.. then explain why they weren't open on 12/10 with tons of coverage. We had to shovel out the door to the ski team room. Blue was open.

Ok.. then explain why they weren't open on 12/10 with tons of coverage. We had to shovel out the door to the ski team room. Blue was open.

Also how they were trying to sell tickets to ride through March for $123, what a great deal :no

I hope no-one turns up for their "spring fling"

Maybe they should change the pond skim to a "snow skim" where you run down the bare slope and throw yourself at the last remaining patch of snow that they blew some time in early february.

I'm a loyal CB local and season pass holder (along with 2 children), I'm going to Okemo this weekend.

They could do something as simple as the Laurel lift next to the condos for a reduced park ticket. What the big deal - they have tons of year around staff, they just don't have any desire to keep anyone happy.

I wonder how the once or twice a year weekenders rated thier experience this year?

Wow, you guys are tough. I see CB trying to change into a fun place.

They improved their terrian parks, made Glen Lodge more enjoyable, are talking of a dedicated NASTAR run, added pond skimming, bought a mogul maker... They were melting fast last weekend and certainly can't make snow in this heat.

Wow, you guys are tough. I see CB trying to change into a fun place.

They improved their terrian parks, made Glen Lodge more enjoyable, are talking of a dedicated NASTAR run, added pond skimming, bought a mogul maker...

Ahhh - IMO - its just that they are the biggest ski area that opens the latest, closest the earliest, still has a crappy park, thinks they already do too much for the ski team, let's employees park in the best spots :rolleyes: runs lights all night, will post billboards for alchohol but won't allow temporary event safety fencing with logos, the list is long. I dunno, I just feel as they don't care to really improve anything substantially because they don't have to. That sucks for us avid snow lovers.

I don't agree, Pops. I think they are trying to improve, they just aren't doing everything at once. There were a million rumors about staying open late, and if the conditions were reasonable, I bet they would. We didn't hear those rumors previously. IDK about early opening, but I bet we'll start to see late closings. And, if the cold weather trend stays, we may see an effort this year. The old CB would be closed at the end of the passholders party.

They are also improving race training - it seems like they had more gate training than previous years, and on a variety of trails. Ha, maybe you were away on all those days...