(UPDATE 2) CB park passes

Shadows

UPDATE 7-25-06

Camelback Announces 2006/2007 Ski Season Improvements and New Products.

Ski area targets youth and terrain park markets with new Nights Only Pass for $229.

July 25, 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tannersville , PA. As summer’s temperatures rise, Camelback Ski Area is getting ready for the 2006/2007 Ski & Snowboard season. The ski area is excited to announce that all season pass rates are the same price as last season, and the student pass actually went down in price! To keep school aged kids flush with cash earned this summer, the new Nights Only Pass for only $229 is the best value. The Nights Only Pass allows school aged skiers and riders lift access seven nights a week from 4 pm to 10 pm.

Camelback is continuing its commitment to its Terrain Parks and Half Pipe. The ski area will be participating in the Burton Progression Park Program. This new program requires a Learning Park and an Advanced Park . The Laurel Glade Park will be re-configured as a learning park with smaller snow features, rails and boxes. The Advanced Park on Rhododendron Glen will include both snow features and over one dozen new rails and boxes. To create more space for new features in the park, the Rhododendron Glen has been widened by over 70 feet for the entire length of the trail. Access to the Rhododendron Advance Park will be restricted to those riders who have passed the park safety and etiquette certification. There is no additional fee for the Advance Park Pass and the certification will be offered all day, everyday. Plans are underway to construct a regulation 11’ 6” walled half pipe on Oak Grove. The half pipe on Laurel Glade will be re-graded this fall and will be a smaller version with approximately 6’ walls for learning riders and instruction. Both pipes will be cut and groomed this winter with the new Zaugg pipe groomer from Switzerland . The Zaugg groomer is the latest in pipe grooming technology and will help keep both pipes groomed at competition levels. Also new for this season, the Camelback Ski & Snowboard School will offer lessons for learning the latest tricks in both parks.

Camelback has made improvements for the beginner skiers and riders with the purchase of over 900 new Burton Snowboards. The rental fleet will include Burton Learn-to-Ride (LTR) boards for instruction and Burton Cruiser boards for the advanced riders. The Burton LTR boards are designed specifically for the new snowboarder and offer an easier learning experience. With the addition of both the Progression Park Program and the new LTR snowboards, Camelback is committed to becoming one of Burton Snowboards “Learn-to-Ride Centers.” In addition to the new snowboards, the rental shop has over 40 new pairs of Solomon hi-performance skis for rent.

As an added bonus for all Camelback picture pass holders, Camelback has partnered with Jay Peak Resort in Vermont . All Camelback Season Pass Holders can receive discounts at Jay Peak on both daily lift tickets and overnight stays in the slopeside Jay Hotel . Lift tickets for Camelback Season Pass Holders at Jay Peak Resort start at $30 and overnight accommodations start at $99 per person.

“ Camelback Ski Area is always looking for ways to improve each guest’s experience. With the new Nights Only Pass for area school kids, improvements in the terrain parks, new rentals and teaching programs, and the added values of ski privileges at Jay Peak Resort, our guests have many new great experiences to look forward to this winter,” says Art Berry , President of Ski Camelback. The capital investment for the 2006/2007 winter season is over $2 million. This includes the described improvements as well as investments into additional snowmaking capacity and resort infrastructure.

For additional information on pricing, pass descriptions and 2007 Ski Season Improvements, contact Ski Camelback at (570) 629-1661, or visit www.skicamelback.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://skicamelback.com/?nav=content_whats%20new%2006_07

New for the 2006-2007 winter season

Terrain Park and Halfpipe improvements:

• A New Zaugg Halfpipe Groomer

• Up to 10 New rails for both parks

• Progression Park

• Terrain Park and Halfpipe Lessons available

• Major expansion of the Rhodo Park (Park Pass will be needed to ride)

• Snowmaking upgrades for both parks (80 new snow guns)

• Halfpipe improvements

Check back for more details! We will be posting more news as the summer goes on. Camelback is committed to having the best parks and pipes in the region. We see you on the snow this winter!

this still wont change where i buy my season pass, but no shit. that is fuckin huge

i told lib this and ill say it again...

they can have one of the best parks in the country, but their staff is so shitty. once you work on your staff and get them up to the standard you say your parks will be at, then things can start happening.

Edited by Shadows

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit!! I posted on their board in my typical antagonistic way over the last 2 days.. WOW!!!!

i was thinking about it, but then, nah

with all the rumors though, it seems like they are just puttin a bigger pipe in. more rails and a bigger pipe doesnt really constitute the need for a park pass. especially on rhodo which is empty most of the time anyway. so youll end up paying for something that you dont need.

plus the fact that the whole trail is only about as long as the pipe in laurel, it seems like a waste. but ill give them an A for effort.

just throw some hype in and set yourself up for another downfall like last year haha.

Edited by Shadows

You know... when the majority of members on the local snow related message boards mostly talk about the parks. It's not rocket science to see where the interest is. Things are looking up! Bear is definitly commited. Blue is neck and neck with BC. Shawnee was a well kept secret last season IMO BBJF is under the radar, their May rail jam is an indication of the new ownership and progression,

and now CB. the first with park passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking about it, but then, nah

with all the rumors though, it seems like they are just puttin a bigger pipe in. more rails and a bigger pipe doesnt really constitute the need for a park pass. especially on rhodo which is empty most of the time anyway. so youll end up paying for something that you dont need.

plus the fact that the whole trail is only about as long as the pipe in laurel, it seems like a waste. but ill give them an A for effort.

just throw some hype in and set yourself up for another downfall like last year haha.

You know... when the majority of members on the local snow related message boards mostly talk about the parks. It's not rocket science to see where the interest is. Things are looking up! Bear is definitly commited. Blue is neck and neck with BC. Shawnee was a well kept secret last season IMO BBJF is under the radar, their May rail jam is an indication of the new ownership and progression,

and now CB. the first with park passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, i never expected this. I'm still gonna ride at blue. Maybe one or two cback stops this year- just to check things out. Papa, i have to agree with you on jfbb- def awesome parks. okay blue- get with it park passes!

no offence but a zuagg doesnt make a good pipe... it can actually make things worse if the operator doesnt know what there doing... new rails (up to 10) could be good as long as their made well... progression park is a waste for peopel who already know how to ride (us) but are good for newbs. snowguns are the best thing but how many of the 80 are devoted to park. and finally what "improvements" on rodo park. the park pass can be good and bad (not getting into that) but it doesnt make a park better. i hope that CB can put something together but it takes alot more than a pipe groomer and the idea to use park passes. It is hard to go up from shit (as ive heard) to the best park in PA when many mountains have been constantly working on park ideas and devoloping terrian for years. Basically ill believe it when i see it but im not expecting the bast park in PA by any means.

I wasn't sure about ski club this year since last year CamelBack's parks weren't that great, but now I'm joining. Our school goes 6 times, so that will probably be enough. Still isn't changing where I'll be getting a pass either(Blue), but I like to see they're actually trying to improve. In my opinion, last year goes like this for parks:

1)Big Boulder

2)Blue Mt.

3)Jack Frost

4)Camelback

-I wish I would have gotten more places. I wanted to check out shawnee because I heard their park was awesome last year.

-I hope Camelback devotes more time to making Rhodo good since you have to pay, rather than Laurel. They will need to keep it extremely well maintained in order for people to spend the money for a park pass. Anyone have any ideas on how much one will cost, and if they will be good a whole season or just a day? Now if they put in a rop tow i'll have some decisions to make.

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

I wasn't sure about ski club this year since last year CamelBack's parks weren't that great, but now I'm joining. Our school goes 6 times, so that will probably be enough. Still isn't changing where I'll be getting a pass either(Blue), but I like to see they're actually trying to improve. In my opinion, last year goes like this for parks:

1)Big Boulder

2)Blue Mt.

3)Jack Frost

4)Camelback

-I wish I would have gotten more places. I wanted to check out shawnee because I heard their park was awesome last year.

-I hope Camelback devotes more time to making Rhodo good since you have to pay, rather than Laurel. They will need to keep it extremely well maintained in order for people to spend the money for a park pass. Anyone have any ideas on how much one will cost, and if they will be good a whole season or just a day? Now if they put in a rop tow i'll have some decisions to make.

there is no way that u can put camelback/jf over bear creeks. blue and boulder i can see if its ur opinion, but c'mon camelback, did u even go to bc...maybe you went during january when the weather sucked...you might want to rethink that list....but i guess our opinions differ

i think it will have an effect on their tickets. i guess they are going for the understand of, if they are willing to go through the trouble of park passes then there park must be worth it.... even though from what i heard, its not. but that would be awesome if they would be able to set the standard for the parks in the area.

hhaha, I never pegged you for a nay sayer - pros and cons....... point and counterpoint

no offence but a zuagg doesnt make a good pipe... it can actually make things worse if the operator doesnt know what there doing...

OJT is a good thing. without a good machine, you might as give the operator a shovel. They will learn how to use it

new rails (up to 10) could be good as long as their made well...

Still compared to last year, more rails is better than no new rails. Think they will have gaps to them?

progression park is a waste for peopel who already know how to ride (us) but are good for newbs.

yes and no. you don't 450 on to a box mounted 10' above the snow for the first time.

snowguns are the best thing but how many of the 80 are devoted to park.

The way it is worded it appears all of them? wonder what type?

and finally what "improvements" on rodo park. the park pass can be good and bad (not getting into that) but it doesnt make a park better.

Compared to parks with out passes. Nipples and I would beg to differ.

no worries, BC and Blue will still be the place to be. park wise that is.

Edited by Papasteeze

... interesting. I still think I'm going to work at shawnee to ride their park this season and purchase a pass at CB. Time will tell, considering they improved the pipe this past year by widening it, I wonder how much better it will get?!?! From my experience CB has consistantly had a better pipe than anyone else in the poconos. Although, to be honest, I've only been to BC once, and their pipe looks like if it was groomed properly (it was mushy spring stuff when I went) it could be a real good time.

wow, this came out of left field. I'll believe it when i see it

not really, they have been hinting at it, but CB plays this game of holding back information. I knew last season that they were wanting to talk to freestyle coaches for example..

if they put 80 guns in a park, it will be amazing but there is no way that they will

papa i hope nipples doesnt learn a 450 onto a progression ride on box, that would be difficult

im sorry im just a lil sceptical to this whole thing, ill believe it when i see it

not really, they have been hinting at it, but CB plays this game of holding back information. I knew last season that they were wanting to talk to freestyle coaches for example..

how far "inside" do your contacts go? i havent seen any hints

Edited by Shadows

there is no way that u can put camelback/jf over bear creeks. blue and boulder i can see if its ur opinion, but c'mon camelback, did u even go to bc...maybe you went during january when the weather sucked...you might want to rethink that list....but i guess our opinions differ

Your right, I didn't get to Bear Creek, but I heard that was pretty good also. From what I heard, I think that BC and Shawnee were pretty close last year, but I can't put a number on them since I wasn't at either one. This year will be different (hopefully) since I will get my license (again, hopefully).