Sno Mountain

Ski

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we talked to the one guy after. they want to make a halfpipe where snowtubing was and use a tow rope. also they want a state of the art park i think he said. and they have the funding for insurance so gaps on to rails sound promising. it should be a good year.

JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA JEA

The only thing they said about a park is that they'd have a lot more snow to work with. Right now, Montage has 26 working guns; this December, they'll add 180!

Sno Mountain is just a group of investors. They brought in experts for all the ski related issues. They will use SMI for snowmaking---they have installed snowmaking at 300 ski areas in both hemispheres.

i dont think montage gets much publicity, if they did though, they could probably take some of elks business. The two mts are close right? 20 mins?

Montage has hurt Elk ever since they opened. Elk's in big trouble, now.

BTW, no more Jimmy and Johnny. No more bullshit adds. They said first class everything from now on.

The only thing they said about a park is that they'd have a lot more snow to work with. Right now, Montage has 26 working guns; this December, they'll add 180!

Sno Mountain is just a group of investors. They brought in experts for all the ski related issues. They will use SMI for snowmaking---they have installed snowmaking at 300 ski areas in both hemispheres.

Montage has hurt Elk ever since they opened. Elk's in big trouble, now.

BTW, no more Jimmy and Johnny. No more bullshit adds. They said first class everything from now on.

what montage only had 26 snowguns. what did they do rely on the natural snow...not a good idea if you live in PA? i find only 26 snowguns a bit strange. 180 more will make a huge difference

i thought that they didnt even get the whole mountain open last year... is that true? if so, now i understand why...

Last year, only three trails didnt open.

I don't even think you could open with 26 guns. How could you make enough snow?

:ph34r:

They move guns around and hope for the best and no thaws. It worked pretty well this year. It was warm and we had 18 trails open for most of the year.

Ski your speech was the BEST!!!I LOVE YOU HAHAHAHA!!!

Your daughter was cute to.It really showed them how much kids love to ski even if their little.

Oh, hey, Nick! Yeah, it was funny...she had made a sign "I Love Sno Mountain" and I was holding her at the speaker's podium. The councilman first said, "I guess we know which side you're on." Then after I was done speaking, she whispered to me that "I have something to say"...so she said she loved Sno Mountain loud and clear into the microphone.

F*ck, though, I was nervous. I gotta have a few shots before I do that sh*t again.

And 1st Grade, it was three trails that DIDN'T open...not the other way around.

And 1st Grade, it was three trails that DIDN'T open...not the other way around.

I got it the first time but that is still pathetic. People will not return if that continues. I'm all for new money in the ski industry. It will push the other mountains.

On another note, how many freeking water parks do we need?

:ph34r:

And you said Montage sucked in your one thread.

haha well if they are making heavy improvements its worth another shot. i just thought the conditions were pretty beat for the most part this year and the park wasnt too spectacular but what the hell i will go up one night when its cheap on college night maybe have a few cocktails start a fire in the lodge you know whatever

i really hope Blue doesn't pull that crap... if they are going to open for anything in the summer it should be for biking.... but they would never make trails for that.

it wouldnt be too crazy for them to open up for DH biking the whole east coast scene its gettin huge! ski denton just opened up for DH, seven springs does DH i believe spring mountian used to and still has some stuff set up but dont run the lifts anymore. i believe that within the next 3-5 years a pocono ski area will be open in summers for DH and it could be nasty at montage or blue

it wouldnt be too crazy for them to open up for DH biking the whole east coast scene its gettin huge! ski denton just opened up for DH, seven springs does DH i believe spring mountian used to and still has some stuff set up but dont run the lifts anymore. i believe that within the next 3-5 years a pocono ski area will be open in summers for DH and it could be nasty at montage or blue

I remember readin the newspaper, that Montage was thinking of doing bike trails and quad trails. Not sure if thats still coming.