Sno Mountain

Ski

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the creepy Washo was saying Sno Mountain wanted a fast answer for nefarious reasons, wherin they really want a fast answer because it would give them time to complete some of the major---and NECESSARY---upgrades for this winter.

The meeting was actually hilarious to watch on TV. Washo would say something stupid and Corado would shoot him down. This went on for half an hour. The worst was the people who stood up and said they thought Sno mountain was trying to take advantage of the county, and of course Washo agreed wholeheartedly. The guy is really just money crazy. He has no concept for the well being of the mountain or its employees, just so the county can grab some extra cash.

Well, I'd just like to thank all those Lackawanna taxpayers that want to continue to foot the bill for our skiing/riding enjoyment. It's very generous of them to want to continue shelling out a $1,000,000 or so a year, while their equipment continues to break and degrade.

Guess who came to work tonight. Thats right Washo decided to come to the stadium tonight. I grilled him about his thoughts and told him that he should shut up at those meetings. Then i asked him why he wasnt in the commissioners box, and then i stopped him before he started and told him it was because no body on the board likes him.

Guess who came to work tonight. Thats right Washo decided to come to the stadium tonight. I grilled him about his thoughts and told him that he should shut up at those meetings. Then i asked him why he wasnt in the commissioners box, and then i stopped him before he started and told him it was because no body on the board likes him.

Do you have it on tape...... that would be so freakin priceless.. rock on guy!

Sounds a little disrespectful to me, MS... ;)

Well, we just want a signed deal. Snow Time is fine, but they came along just as Sno Mountain LLC was about to close the deal. Any delay beyond July 10th's deadline and there won't be improvements for this coming winter.

Lackawanna had a great offer and Sno Mountain was all ready to start pouring money into Montage in the next few weeks. Now it's a bunch of "ifs" and jerking around. One of the commissioners (Washo) would rather risk the deal and be greedy than just get it done. He's a little attention starved and needy. He acts like having the county lose a million dollars a year has put them in good bargaining position.

Yes. I think everyone will suddenly come to the realization that this just never happens anymore. Ski areas that lose huge sums of money shut down. Ski areas that lose a little money shut down. We all know about it, but people that don't ski/ride have no clue as to the reality. These people think they are dealing with a bowling alley or a movie theatre, or something. They don't get what the trend in weather has been and how one warm week over the Christmas holiday means you lose money for the entire ski season.

Sno Mountain is a f*cking miracle that Lackawanna County should get down on their knees for.

The new moose logo is to make it more friendly.

I guess all the moose in NE Pa are a different breed than those here......

Edited by sibhusky

I guess all the moose in NE Pa are a different breed than those here......

Ha, well I was attacked by our pet whitetail deer when I was a kid. Not sure if that was more or less traumatic than watching my dad blow a hole in her with a .20 guage...

Ah, childhood memories.

From a letter to the Times-Tribune, today:

"The next ski season is approaching and we are behind in getting equipment ready for the season as well as brochures, billboards, ticket plans, etc. All preparation for the season should have begun in May. We need to know what is going to happen at Montage. It is best for the employees of Montage and the residents of Lackawanna County if the facility becomes Sno Mountain. Please keep in perspective what is good for the majority of the people and do not let unnecessary delays stop the progress that has been made."

RICHARD I. SCHWARTZ

GENERAL MANAGER/CONTROLLER

MONTAGE MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT

From a letter to the Times-Tribune, today:

"The next ski season is approaching and we are behind in getting equipment ready for the season as well as brochures, billboards, ticket plans, etc. All preparation for the season should have begun in May. We need to know what is going to happen at Montage. It is best for the employees of Montage and the residents of Lackawanna County if the facility becomes Sno Mountain. Please keep in perspective what is good for the majority of the people and do not let unnecessary delays stop the progress that has been made."

RICHARD I. SCHWARTZ

GENERAL MANAGER/CONTROLLER

MONTAGE MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT

I read that, and am thinking this more and more of a done deal. Also F*ck everyone who writes to the editor and bitches about the sale. One guy from Olyphant wrote in today and said they should wait because of the price they have dropped to, to sell it. What pisses me off, is these are stupid taxpayers who dont use the facility, and no nothing about the condition of everything, and how 5 million is a blessing.

The Times-Tribune editorial was AGAIN anti-sale. Typical ignorant newspaper editors...I dealt with them for years. Newspapers, btw, are in the same boat as ski areas, when you think about it:

*Rarely is a new newspaper ever started.

*Every year, more and more newspapers go out of business.

*Morning and evening editions have been combined, which has meant staff layoffs.

*Competition from TV news and now the intenet has killed ad revenue.

Now, say the Times-Tribune was losing $1 million, or so, every year...and their staff and customers feared they would close for good. Imagine the plumbing was shot to hell and they were running out of working presses and the ink was sometimes not available.

Then, when a financially solid company comes along and makes a fair offer, with amazing plans for growth, a bunch of know-it-all skiers suddenly decided the newspaper surely must be worth more and wants to kill the deal.

So I have a question for the managing editor of the Scranton News-Tribune: what's your news hole these days? In other words, what percentage of your paper is left for news, as opposed to advertising? You look like the same weekly grip and grin ad rags you used to make fun of 30 years ago. You guys have run the newspaper industry into the trash, now you are fiscal experts?

Only 2 more days of waiting and worrying........

All these people on this MB that have never skied Montage have no clue what we've had to get used to...and how this will be like XMas morning.