06/07 website updated

last time i checked one perk of having a season pass is not having to get a lift ticket and clip it on your jacket, but just to be able to stroll onto the slopes, and you are taking that away...unless you pay 100 bucks more which is complete bullshit. My home mt isnt even JFBB, but these new features suck for jfbb passholders. If im not mistaken your taking away food discounts and replacing them with 20 JFBB bucks, many passholders would have saved more than that with food discounts. you should really rethink the new system

Who else in the area had enough snow to have a rail jam in MAY???

blu, elk, camelback/ others could've piled enough snow if they had wanted too

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Heather, we aren't trying to beat you up. I understand you are simply the messenger sticking up for the company you work for. You probobly have no hand in this decision either and are trying to make the best out of a bad situation. We really do appreciate you spending the time to hear our concerns, and hopefully you will pass those concerns on to the appropriate personel.

We really do appreciate you spending the time to hear our concerns, and hopefully you will pass those concerns on to the appropriate personel.

I am glad you said that Glenn, thanks. Look, I can understand how the season pass holders feel, no doubt. However, I can't explain the positive feeling of exhuberance and excitement from the BB staff at that May rail jam about this up coming season. My gut intuition for what it is worth is that the BBJF pass is still going to be a good deal comparitively. I know that we will be there checking out the scene as soon as it fits the schedule.

Heather, get the rail pics, park design, anything - up as soon as you can and post with any detailed info you can. One huge benefit would be an extended season. I can assure you that we will be there if you do. NO ONE in our region seems to be commited to staying open, matter of fact, everyone seems to quit blowing early and closes with nearly full coverage.

Opening early - you are at the mercy of the weather. But blowing at night when you can, to increase the base for an extended season, easy..

But blowing at night when you can, to increase the base for an extended season, easy..

Secondary benefit of this being that you have fresh base more often during the "normal" season rather than re-grooming the same slush all the time.

BTW, Heather, we aren't trying to beat you up. I understand you are simply the messenger sticking up for the company you work for. You probobly have no hand in this decision either and are trying to make the best out of a bad situation. We really do appreciate you spending the time to hear our concerns, and hopefully you will pass those concerns on to the appropriate personel.

Yes, thank you Heather! The season Pass thing just sounds a little backwards.

:ph34r:

Heather-

Right now, the thing I can't understand is why there is a $100 difference between the VIP and regular season pass, when the other Peak Resorts hills have a smaller difference, and wouldn't it be just as easy to pass the credit card to somebody else to use. I always dress at my car and have my goggles, mask, etc on, so the picture wouldn't do much good. I hope they don't intend on making you take all of this off first, to verify the picture or else there will be a lot of unhappy campers.

One issue i wanna address. Since you took away food discounts for season pass holders, do employees still get discounts on food or not? Im a ski instructor and i know theres alot of changes for the season pass holder, but how does that effect staff passes?

Heather, get the rail pics, park design, anything - up as soon as you can and post with any detailed info you can. One huge benefit would be an extended season. I can assure you that we will be there if you do. NO ONE in our region seems to be commited to staying open, matter of fact, everyone seems to quit blowing early and closes with nearly full coverage.

Blue was making snow the week before they closed.... including the night before. not to mention... they seem to be a little more committed than the other ski areas in the region, since they opened a week before most, and also stayed open a week later than most.

We are in JFs race program, and bought 4 season passes last year. Now JF is more expensive than Blue Mountain (no high speed lifts at JF, half the drop of BM) - and the season pass change shows a real contempt for their season pass holders - are all the race kids supposed to wait in line for a day pass every day? Do all four of us have to wait in line every day after paying almost $1200 for season passes? Do you imagine they will keep a window dedicated for season pass holders open all day? No more parking, no more meal discount, no store discount - BM is looking better and better. Is Jack Frost going to open up all slopes the first day with their new snowmaking? I'll believe it when I see it.

We are in JFs race program, and bought 4 season passes last year. Now JF is more expensive than Blue Mountain (no high speed lifts at JF, half the drop of BM) - and the season pass change shows a real contempt for their season pass holders - are all the race kids supposed to wait in line for a day pass every day? Do all four of us have to wait in line every day after paying almost $1200 for season passes? Do you imagine they will keep a window dedicated for season pass holders open all day? No more parking, no more meal discount, no store discount - BM is looking better and better. Is Jack Frost going to open up all slopes the first day with their new snowmaking? I'll believe it when I see it.

I was just thinking the same thing about no high speed lifts, etc. I also used to like getting my skis waxed with the pass discount. I doubt they will keep a dedicated window on weekends, althought they might not need it because I think they are going to lose customers with the ticket increases and the elimination of some types of tickets. They took all of the benefits of having a pass away and I doubt they are going to listen to their customers. This appears to be something that they are going to try to cram down our throats. Peak Resorts seems to be dedicated in keeping these changes.

I just got done reading all of the comments on the new things that are happening at JFBB and some of you seem really upset about validating your season pass. It is being made into much more than it is....

Why not focus on what JFBB is doing-the snowmaking is going to be out of this world!! Which means JFBB will open earlier in the season and stayopen longer-so you will get your money's worth out of your season pass! ...Not only do you get $20 added on to your JFFBB Bucks but you get 2 FREE snopasses to give to whomever you want and use at anytime during the season-so the prices may have gone up @$50 but JFBB is giving you $100 back.

It's not just having to wait in line. $50 is a huge rate increase, especially with the economy and gas proces. It's also about losing the meal discount, the gift shop discount, the repair shop discount, and not having a preferred parking lot anymore. The two free passes do me no good. Will we be able to have the value of those passes added to the JFBB bucks, to use for meals? I realize that it's probably not anybody at JFBB who is responsible for these changes, but can you please get somebody from Peak Resorts to realize the problems that people are having with these changes? Also, I'm not a "park rat", and nothing against those who are, but the new rails don't mean much to me and if the new snow fans are only on the trails with the parks, like boulder was last year, they won't mean much either. Thank you.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Midnight Madness and much more "

Does this mean it will be open past midnight?

Hmm... now that looks like a good time.

Unfortunately season pass holders will have to revalidate there passes every 4 hours. :jk

Heather, listen, the daily validation idea is the WORST idea to come along in years. If you have to go to a ticket window prior to skiing, then you shouldn't even call it a "season pass"...it's more like a Gold Book or Camelcard, or whatever else you'd like to call it.

In a survey we took at the small ski area we own, the #1 privilege sited was no longer having to use the ticket windows. You may want to hope it's not all that important to your customers, but I can tell you definitively that it is.

When we were CB passholders and I had a toddler, they didn't want to issue her a season pass, but have us go to the ticker window every time for a comp pass. I fought that and won. It was a huge deal. Same thing after we moved close to Sno Mountain. We had to plead with them to issue her a photo pass...we had even offered to pay for it. The convenience was that important. They finally gave in and issued her a toddler pass.

If JF/BB is having a security problem, why take it out on your best and most loyal customers? Fix the problem with more ticket checkers and better photo passes. This isn't the same as having to take your shoes off in the airport; people are tolerant of that because the added hassle is for their safety. This added hassle is just an easy way out for JF/BB's bottom line.

I'm not a JF/BB passholder, but just wanted to pass along our own experience. Good luck.

I just got done reading all of the comments on the new things that are happening at JFBB and some of you seem really upset about validating your season pass. It is being made into much more than it is.

Why not focus on what JFBB is doing-the snowmaking is going to be out of this world!!

Take my word the snow will be worth the 1 minute it takes to validate your pass...

And then there will be those "season pass" holders that have questions. They are bringing three friends and want to know if there's a rental discount. Or any number of questions. There will be the non-English speaking family that mistakenly gets in the validation line. What if dad wants to wait in line to validate for the whole family?

It's kind of funny to "tell" your customers what not to be upset about. They are focusing on what is important to them.

Hmm... now that looks like a good time.

Unfortunately season pass holders will have to revalidate there passes every 4 hours. :jk

Yeah, if I go at ten at night, do I have to get another ticket at midnight :lol

I think it might have been one of the peak resorts, but I might be wrong, but I saw that it had a midnight madness special and they were open till 3 am.

It's kind of funny to "tell" your customers what not to be upset about. They are focusing on what is important to them.

I'm not blaming Heather, I think that she is just the messanger being told to try to get the customers to understand. I used to be in retail and I am familiar with this. Somebody sits behind a desk and doesn't listen to their "messangers." They tell you to do your job and it is your job to get the public to like it. If the public refuses to accept the changes, then it is "your fault." That's one reason I got our of retail. I hope the message can get relayed to peak resorts and hopefully they will understand. If anything, give us a year to see the changes, so we know what to expect, then maybe some changes would be accepted. Although I don't think that standing in line for a pass everyday will ever be accepted.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I guess if I would have checked the hours page, I would have seen that BB has two midnight madness sessions planned. This will be different, but could be more interesting if they had it a JF :P :

Sunday, January 14, 2007: 9pm - 3am

Sunday, February 18, 2007: 9pm - 3am

I also noticed that Boulder is listed as not opening until 3pm Monday through Friday :confused . At least it would mean that lazy people who hate getting up early, like me, could still get first tracks.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Ha, TP4, do you owe me money or something?

Anyway, I don't mean to give Heather crap...but want to encourage Heather to pass along to the 'powers that be' some crap. And I'm sure she wants to hear honest opinions.

I think 3pm first tracks is great. I love that Sno Mountain doesn't open until noon on weekdays. Who is crazy enough to want to ski before noon? Gives you plenty of guilt free time to shed those midweek hangovers.

This is the first time I've read this thread. All I can say is that this is bull. I agree with everyone from paying the extra $100 to go directly on the slopes, to having to wait in line to get a ticket for their "season pass". All I can say is if you want to reduce fraud, then hire more ticket checkers. There are literally two points to having a season pass. First to save someone money who skis/rides a lot each season. Secondly to avoid the hassle of waiting in a ticket line.

BTW, like everyone said, I'm just putting in my opinion on this and am not taking it against you, Heather. Even though I'm not a passholder at JFBB, I still think this thing is crazy.