Montages park

Sno Mountain Skier

channel 16 at 5:30 to calm your fears. they said something along the lines of 'want to hit the pipe, you will be able to soon' for the preview.

ok so it didn't calm me that much, wasn't much info at all :lol but, they did say he was there today, which confirms that ryan is still working with the mountain.

Edited by riderossi

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it headed back to upper runaway?

No, They are taking the trees out between mainline and spike, and going all the way to the top of the pipe. So, either take Iron Horse or Shuttle, and they arent leaving in the rope tow for the pipe. I wish they weere leaving in the rope tow, instead of having to hike the pipe.

No, They are taking the trees out between mainline and spike, and going all the way to the top of the pipe. So, either take Iron Horse or Shuttle, and they arent leaving in the rope tow for the pipe. I wish they weere leaving in the rope tow, instead of having to hike the pipe.

:banghead:banghead:banghead what's the point in taking out the tow rope? :no

What did they say timeline wise? Anything?

Haha nah I don't wanna gamble on Montage/Sno. If this was happening at my home mountain I'd be insane by now. You guys are troopers for sure.

If you read, you would have read my post today that made this thread active. With the GM saying they are going to start laying the pipes and snowmaking early next week or the next week. And there timeline has been to be finished by the time they open since they setteled the court case.

Legal Real Estate question??? If Sno mountain hasn't officially bought Montage yet, why are they allowed to hang out in the lodge with the Pro Snowboarder and walk around the property?

My friends and i go up to montage here and there and walk around the trails, or hike them to hit the snow that is left over. The lodge isn't usually ever locked during the day, we walked in there the last time we went up (last week) unimpeded. So, maybe nobody even knew they were there :rock

That seems like a pretty small park if you ask me.

That would be a great place for a beginner park. Near the Lodge, easily visible, not too big. I honestly don't think that would be long enough at all. Even if it is pretty wide that just means more lines and fewer hits on each line leading to a lower quality ride through the park.

Legal Real Estate question??? If Sno mountain hasn't officially bought Montage yet, why are they allowed to hang out in the lodge with the Pro Snowboarder and walk around the property?

Because sno is the equitable owner. Typically the due diligence period and the period outlined in the agreement of sale before the actual closing has wording that allows access to the property by the buyer and its appointees.

hmmmmmm.. stop and think..........just maybe........... he does know whats up............ where's ski?

Well, now, I guess that scumbag Speicher was bullshitting Nick...sour f*cking grapes, I guess. It was Speicher that the commissioners told to screw off since he didn't have the money and wanted them to carry a mortgage. I guess he forgot it was him and not the rich guys from Philly.

ABSOLUTELY GREAT JOB gettin' the info, Sno...you ruined Rob's night (and another "naysayer").

Because sno is the equitable owner. Typically the due diligence period and the period outlined in the agreement of sale before the actual closing has wording that allows access to the property by the buyer and its appointees.

It's funny when you pretend to know things.

If you read, you would have read my post today that made this thread active. With the GM saying they are going to start laying the pipes and snowmaking early next week or the next week. And there timeline has been to be finished by the time they open since they setteled the court case.

pwned. My bad I missed the time and thought that was a few weeks old.

Are you guys allowed to roll up there and walk around? It would be cool to see some pics if they get the work started.

Gonna be hard to get all that work done, but when deadlines are close I've seen construction crews burn it up and get things finished.

Sno needs to get runnin' and get into the parks rivalry between Bear, Boulder, and Blue! We need a mountain that doesn't start with a "B" to balance things out! Haha.

Edited by freeridintre

so if that wasn't the answer then why is sno allowed to walk around on the property before they own it? Let hear it.

It isn't what you 'said, it's how you 'said' it, with fancy words and no clue how to punctuate them. It took a bit to figure out exactly what you were posting. Basically, when you are buying property, you have an understanding with the seller---even prior to closing---that allows you to continue to prepare for changes and improvements. That's all.

Speaking of changes and improvements related to this thread, did you talk to the planet guy too Sno? Have they said anything about what kind of jibs they wanna put up?

Theres a list on the website, I'm not sure exactly how accurate it will be but its there.

Theres a list on the website, I'm not sure exactly how accurate it will be but its there.

None of those jibs will be used. Those were just listed because they are the ones we currently have, but he said they would be throwing all of those away.

Speaking of changes and improvements related to this thread, did you talk to the planet guy too Sno? Have they said anything about what kind of jibs they wanna put up?

When we talked with him, he said that he like plain rails, and not to much circus shit. But he doesnt have any definites for Montage. He said once the mountain sells, he will start drawing the blue prints for the park, and then will start the rails. But he said he likes Long flat rails, flat downs, urban down rails, and picnic table jibs. So be sure to see of those, plus many more.