Montages park

Sno Mountain Skier

I'll take the Butter Box if they're just going to throw it away...I want to learn to land fakie-switch off the butter-box...do you think it would fit in the trunk of my car????

I dont know if that was a serious question, but ill answer like it was. No, they arent just trhowing them away. They will be selling them to the scrap yard. And I have the same car as you only 3 years older, and its trunk is bigger,and i dont think it would fit. But, they are thowing away just the rails to my knowlege, and the Whaletail box. They are keeping the 2 flat boxes and making one an up box gap to down box. Hopefully they keep the Bonk(butter box), because its fun to mess around on.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picnic table jibs.

I kinda feel like picnic table jibs are gettin played out. I personally feel like it would be cool to see more rail to rail/box to box gaps. What kinda grade is the terrain that Montage/Sno works with for their terrain parks? I guess the picnic table jibs are decent for the sections that are more flat.

I kinda feel like picnic table jibs are gettin played out. I personally feel like it would be cool to see more rail to rail/box to box gaps. What kinda grade is the terrain that Montage/Sno works with for their terrain parks? I guess the picnic table jibs are decent for the sections that are more flat.

13-16 degree pitch. But read my one post a couple up, i said that there will be box gap box stuff there this year.

I dont know if that was a serious question, but ill answer like it was. No, they arent just trhowing them away. They will be selling them to the scrap yard. And I have the same car as you only 3 years older, and its trunk is bigger,and i dont think it would fit. But, they are thowing away just the rails to my knowlege, and the Whaletail box. They are keeping the 2 flat boxes and making one an up box gap to down box. Hopefully they keep the Bonk(butter box), because its fun to mess around on.

There isn't anything wrong with the whaletail, they should just keep it and throw it into a beginner park, it's 1 less feature they don't have to pay for. All they have to do is hack off the end of it and make it a regular rainbow box. I like picnic tables if there are at least 2 end to end. Up at smuggs we robbed a plastic table from one of the lodges and carried it up to our condo to hit after the lifts stopped turning. I don't see a point in throwing any of that shit away, it was our whole park was last year, why not throw it all onto another trail for a beginner park.

Hey Guys,

A little update about when you can expect the guns to go on.

They were missing one more piece to the new snowmaking system that I believe has been delivered and has or is now being installed. This I believe is the transformer they are talking about on the website and that is why power to JFBB was cut for the day yesterday.

From what I have heard about these transformers it takes about a day and a half to install. I also have heard that the system will take 1 week to flush out before they can start making snow.

I"m really starting to get concerned now. We're talking about weeks and days now until guns may start to be fired up. Sno has to really step it up if its even possible at this point.

So we need a few days for transformers, a whole week to get the system ready and thats after we run miles and miles of new pipes set up a new system and install new guns. They have 1 month. If they want to blow snow by Dec. 1 then by JFBB's schedule we've only got 2.5 weeks for full installation of guns and pipes.

As much as I hate to say it I'm really skeptical at this point as to whether much of anything is going to happen. :no

I"m really starting to get concerned now. We're talking about weeks and days now until guns may start to be fired up. Sno has to really step it up if its even possible at this point.

So we need a few days for transformers, a whole week to get the system ready and thats after we run miles and miles of new pipes set up a new system and install new guns. They have 1 month. If they want to blow snow by Dec. 1 then by JFBB's schedule we've only got 2.5 weeks for full installation of guns and pipes.

As much as I hate to say it I'm really skeptical at this point as to whether much of anything is going to happen. :no

Snos planned opening date is mid december, so they still have time. You guys are a pussies.

And also SNO isnt garunteeing by opening day. SMI is the saying that.

Hell, those guys installed the snowmaking for the Olympic mogul events on a newly created slope that didn't have any prior plumbing. Have some faith!

(I meant that to the doubters, not Sno...)

• 1 month later...
Hell, those guys installed the snowmaking for the Olympic mogul events on a newly created slope that didn't have any prior plumbing. Have some faith!

(I meant that to the doubters, not Sno...)

Hate to say "i told you so..." :wiggle, so i won't. I'm just bumping the thread. Sno, you have any new info on the park situation? Seems like they aren't too sure of much yet, but so far all i have heard is that since the mountain is privately owned there is a good chance of having gap-ons, the groomers don't want to handle the park this year so it will be the lifties jobs ( certain lifties picked out, not your average lifty working the lift one day then hopping the park the next), and that the pipe will be ready for january or more likely february. Also heard something about 'still cutting down trees for where the pipe is going to be'. I'm guessing that with the time crunch, snowtubing will remain in the same place, any idea where the pipe is going to be this year?