Montages park

Sno Mountain Skier

I just recieved this from Rich Schwartz. So anyone who is intrested, and able to make it try and be up the mountain on Tuesday.

Sean,

It may have taken me a while to get back to you, but I have a great opportunity for you and your snowboarding/skiing friends. Next Tuesday, Sept 19th from 4:00-5:30pm we are bringing our Terrain Park designer up to Montage. We want to hear all the input that you and your friends have. We will then incorporate that input into our Terrain Park design. We are going to put a lot of money into this endeavor and we want to do it right. This means we will use bigger jumps, rails etc. We are also planning on a second Terrain Park for beginners.

This is just a small part of what improvements we will have at the Mountain.

Please tell your friends and come up to the Mountain next Tuesday.

If you have any questions feel free to call me @ 969-7669 x3802.

Thank you,

Rich

Rich Schwartz, General Manager

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That they suddenly have some money to spend is a good sign. The mountain will be open no matter what. It's just a case of what name it will have and just how much money will be available for upgrades.

BTW, Sno, when do you think Spur will stop being a named trail?

That's awesome...maybe we can start throwing some ideas around in here? That way if somebody can't make it then whoever is going could still relay the info...

I liked spike as a location..easy lift acess and it's one of the slopes that open first ( aside from the obvious ones ). Maybe the beginners park can be half of switch like two years ago.. I think last years park would make a good beginners park as it was, but the jumps needs to be scaled back a bit. Perhaps having some slightly wider rails in the beginner park would be a good idea too.. I'm not too crazy about wall rides.. if it wouldn't cost too much, sure throw one in there, but i'd rather see a nice flat down rail or box instead. Park passes. Charge $5 and require some sort of video. Take the money from that and throw it into more stuff for the park, not new skiis or snowboards for rentals. If possible, a stair set...box on one or both sides, rail in the middle. Doesn't have to be anything huge like a 20 set. A nice butter box, wide and long. And i love that battleship/rainbow type rail at MC.

BTW, Sno, when do you think Spur will stop being a named trail?

IF Sno Mountain has its way, i think it will be taken off the trail map. Because the one they had at the meeting didnt have Spur on it.

That's awesome...maybe we can start throwing some ideas around in here? That way if somebody can't make it then whoever is going could still relay the info...

I liked spike as a location..easy lift acess and it's one of the slopes that open first ( aside from the obvious ones ). Maybe the beginners park can be half of switch like two years ago.. I think last years park would make a good beginners park as it was, but the jumps needs to be scaled back a bit. Perhaps having some slightly wider rails in the beginner park would be a good idea too.. I'm not too crazy about wall rides.. if it wouldn't cost too much, sure throw one in there, but i'd rather see a nice flat down rail or box instead. Park passes. Charge $5 and require some sort of video. Take the money from that and throw it into more stuff for the park, not new skiis or snowboards for rentals. If possible, a stair set...box on one or both sides, rail in the middle. Doesn't have to be anything huge like a 20 set. A nice butter box, wide and long. And i love that battleship/rainbow type rail at MC.

All good ideas, what i want to see is, if not a park pass then a sign saying no rental equipment. Also, real rails, not the snow skate rails we have now. Every rail we have now are made for snow skates, so i want longer stuff. Also, if we could get away from tables, and more cheese wedge type of jumps that would be nice. And since there will be a beginner park, make all the rails/boxes in the good park gap on.

IF Sno Mountain has its way, i think it will be taken off the trail map. Because the one they had at the meeting didnt have Spur on it.

All good ideas, what i want to see is, if not a park pass then a sign saying no rental equipment. Also, real rails, not the snow skate rails we have now. Every rail we have now are made for snow skates, so i want longer stuff. Also, if we could get away from tables, and more cheese wedge type of jumps that would be nice. And since there will be a beginner park, make all the rails/boxes in the good park gap on.

i forgot my boots one day and didn't feel like going home to get them and i had to rent... :banghead One of the worst on slope days of my life. But yeah those rails pretty much suck...i loved the tripple barrel at CB. Was so warped and what not that it was almost like a mini rollercoaster rail.

we can start throwing some ideas around in here? That way if somebody can't make it then whoever is going could still relay the info...

*I liked spike as a location..easy lift acess and it's one of the slopes that open first

*the beginners park can be half of switch like two years ago..

*last years park would make a good beginners park

-the jumps needs to be scaled back a bit.

*some slightly wider rails in the beginner park would be a good idea

*about wall rides.. if it wouldn't cost too much, sure throw one in there

*i'd rather see a nice flat down rail or box

*Park passes. Charge $5 and require some sort of video. T

-Take the money from that and throw it into more stuff for the park

*a stair set...box on one or both sides, rail in the middle.

*A nice butter box, wide and long.

*i love that battleship/rainbow type rail at MC.

I thought I would clean that up, it was hard to read :D

Maybe the beginners park can be half of switch like two years ago.. I think last years park would make a good beginners park as it was, but the jumps needs to be scaled back a bit.

This is actually a negative, but something you might encounter when making one of your requests:

I'm hoping they eventually use what's now the tubing park area for a beginner park. For one thing, Switch ends up with a narrow alley between jumps and the roped off NASTAR arena...plus, they don't have to bother roping off for NASTAR (just a big sign and some rope at the top keeping skiers to the left) if there's no park features. Also, we're hoping the start house gets moved up to the top of the headwall about 100 yards above were it is now. Maybe you guys have seen them set single pole slalom gates from up there for practice. I'm sure the race coaches are lobbying for it, especially since the USSA program is geared toward really young kids and they don't take them down to Boomer.

Just some two cents...

This is actually a negative, but something you might encounter when making one of your requests:

I'm hoping they eventually use what's now the tubing park area for a beginner park. For one thing, Switch ends up with a narrow alley between jumps and the roped off NASTAR arena...plus, they don't have to bother roping off for NASTAR (just a big sign and some rope at the top keeping skiers to the left) if there's no park features. Also, we're hoping the start house gets moved up to the top of the headwall about 100 yards above were it is now. Maybe you guys have seen them set single pole slalom gates from up there for practice. I'm sure the race coaches are lobbying for it, especially since the USSA program is geared toward really young kids and they don't take them down to Boomer.

Just some two cents...

Well honestly, it doesn't matter to me where the beginner park goes. But, if the tubing park is going to be moved, i want to see a pipe there, not a beginners park. It would be the perfect placement..easy tow acess, easily acessed from the top via mainline, easy to view competitions from the base.

I'm not a fan of the ski team. Alot of them are stuck up a$$holes who think they own the mountain. They cut people off left and right, while not thinking twice about it. They set up and takeover a slope whenever they feel the need. They usually leave smoke in shambles by the time they are done with it. No offense to you ski, or anyone that may be on the team, just my opinion. So, no i didn't take them into consideration when i was throwing around those ideas. But if they are going to be lengthening their course and making improvements to switch, let them stay there.

Either park could be placed on whistler as it was years ago, if sno mountain buys the place and throw some extra guns over there. It's certainly never a priority as things stand now. Spike is closer to the beginner trails..that would be one reason for sticking the beginner park there.

I don't have any ties to the race team, other than being friends with coaches and I have a future racer. I wonder if there's one mountain anywhere whose race team doesn't have the rep of being arrogant? No offense taken: if I were coaching right now, I'd tell my kids they could be cocky and stuck up---the day after they won the state championship.

But, anyway, I suppose a lot of the permanent changes can't really be made until next season, after the tubing park is moved. It would be nice if they could be talking more about plans rather than f*cking lawsuits.

your in good hands working with neptune and pat... they know whats up... but who the hell is running sno mountains website? a five year old? it seems a bit.... childish, non professional? oh well, good luck with the planet snow guys, they'll make a sick park

Thanks, man. They seemed like they were good, when i read everywere they worked at. Also i will mention the website on Tuesday, Im pretty sure Sno Mountain people are gonna be there.

your in good hands working with neptune and pat... they know whats up... but who the hell is running sno mountains website? a five year old? it seems a bit.... childish, non professional? oh well, good luck with the planet snow guys, they'll make a sick park

It's a step up from montages site :lol .

Apparently the park is going to be on upper runnaway again? "Trail Map and Stats of Sn

I think that as of now thats just there base plan, and then they will work from what happens on tuesday. One thing I want to see is one of our flat boxes be an up box, then like a 4 ft gap between the next flat box and that one set up as a down box.

well that would be nice and all...but i like having a simple flat box to learn new things on. Make them get another :rock

Woah, that website is actually pretty nice. I can't wait to see what its like when everything gets into full swing. Also, did anyone notice the "sno spa" link at the bottom?!?! THis is getting out of control, we might actually have to worry about, dare I say it.........tourists. :o

Woah, that website is actually pretty nice. I can't wait to see what its like when everything gets into full swing. Also, did anyone notice the "sno spa" link at the bottom?!?! THis is getting out of control, we might actually have to worry about, dare I say it.........tourists. :o

I doubt it, but if we do, why not embrace it and get a massage one day. :P:P:P