Bought new skis!!

AtomicSkier

I just got off the phone with the Atomic race rep...and of course I forced myself to drop the cash on the 2007s. They're only $100 more / pair over last years race stock on Ebay, so might as well support an atomic shop. I just bought 2007 Atomic GS:12s @ 183cm and 2007 Atomic SL:12s @ 165cm...w00t w00t! I pick them up at the pro night at buckmans in november :rock this is the first time I've owned current generation skis, and i paid less then I originally though I would for TWO sets of 2007s :rock:rock:rock

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And thats exactly where they belong! In the basement or the bonfire!

:banghead I don't know how you can say anything bad about Atomic race skis. #1, 99% chance you've never been on a pair of GS:11s or SL:11s, which are their flagship skis, and the only ones I'd ski now. Sure, their low end stuff is crap, but so is the low end crap from every other manufactorer. Their race skis are some of the best on the market, and they dominate Skimag's tests every year. I might be slightly biased, but i DO demo skis from other manufactorers, and I keep coming back to Atomic. That, and I really hate the thought that Id actually have to get bindings mounted. I love being able to mount my own, and be able to switch them in 10 minutes over to new skis.

You're right. I've never skied anything high end from them. I did in the past and didn't like it that much. I'm personally a bigger fan of Head and Nordica. I like Nordicas expert line, not their race stuff. Maybe I'll click into your skis this year and see what the hype is about. If you do a 5...

24m turning radius isnt that bad. i had a pair of skis that was 25m; they werent the quickest turning ever, but by no means unmanageable. they were 92 in the waist too, so yours will be even easier to manage.

I just have to get better edge angle, which should be easier, since they're 183s, should be more confident laying them over harder, vs my short 170's.

My GS skis from last year were race stock GS:11s 170cm @ 16m, very rare, ski999 has them as well, and if not for USCSA restrictions, I'd be on them again. They are super stiff, and the PERFECT radius.

The slalom skis im getting are 165cm @ 12m :)

A 183 at 24 meters is going to ski completely different than a 170/16m. Hang on! What's all this "race stock" talk. Are they hand picked skis for you? What is USCSA and why the restrictions?

:ph34r: