Bought new skis!!

AtomicSkier

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 183 at 24 meters is going to ski completely different than a 170/16m. Hang on! What's all this "race stock" talk. Are they hand picked skis for you? What is USCSA and why the restrictions?

:ph34r:

As if i don't know that already.. :rofl

race stock? stiffer, and each pair of skis are flex tested and matched for consistency. USCSA = united states collegiate skiing association, and they follow USSA length/radius requriesments (>=180, >=21m)

What is USCSA and why the restrictions?

United States Cock Sucker Association

You would know :bj

race stock? stiffer, and each pair of skis are flex tested and matched for consistency. USCSA = united states collegiate skiing association, and they follow USSA length/radius requriesments (>=180, >=21m)

You would know :bj

Are you on the ski team at Lehigh?

From your post about edge angle and it being easier I wasn't sure you did.

QUOTE(AtomicSkier @ Sep 28 2006, 11:56 AM)

"I just have to get better edge angle, which should be easier, since they're 183s, should be more confident laying them over harder, vs my short 170's."

Shorter and more sidecut is easier than longer and less sidecut.

Edited by First Grade Teacher

From your post about edge angle and it being easier I wasn't sure you did.

QUOTE(AtomicSkier @ Sep 28 2006, 11:56 AM)

I just have to get better edge angle, which should be easier, since they're 183s, should be more confident laying them over harder, vs my short 170's.

Shorter and more sidecut is easier than longer and less sidecut.

. If anything it's easier to get more angle (tip the ski more on edge) w/ a GS ski, you're going faster, and your holding on longer, lets you get lower into the turn, and the stabilty of the longer GS ski. look at WC slalom skiers, they're more upright then they are on GS.

a ski on high edge bends effortlessly, no effort required :)

jeff, all skis are flex tested for consistency. thats part of the reason why the serial numbers on skis match.

show me the flex #'s printed on the skis, then i'll believe that one :banghead you're telling me that line or salomon or whoever tests EVERY ski that leaves the factory, and makes sure BOTH skis have the exact same flex...

. If anything it's easier to get more angle (tip the ski more on edge) w/ a GS ski, you're going faster, and your holding on longer, lets you get lower into the turn, and the stabilty of the longer GS ski. look at WC slalom skiers, they're more upright then they are on GS.

a ski on high edge bends effortlessly, no effort required :)

Wow. I don't know where to start, so I won't. Enjoy the new boards.

Wow. I don't know where to start, so I won't. Enjoy the new boards.

Stiffer flexing race stock skis are horrible for recreational skiing...like driving to the grocery store in a Formula 1 race car. But get them up to speed, use the proper angulation, get skeletally aligned, stay forward, and they are easier to ski---they won't vibrate, will be stable through cross-ruts, and will hold their line at speeds. You just have to be a good driver.

Stiffer flexing race stock skis are horrible for recreational skiing...like driving to the grocery store in a Formula 1 race car. But get them up to speed, use the proper angulation, get skeletally aligned, stay forward, and they are easier to ski---they won't vibrate, will be stable through cross-ruts, and will hold their line at speeds. You just have to be a good driver.

My last mental image on 21m GS skis was on yours, at Blue Mtn. That didn't have good results, thank god my neck is still intact. :banghead

They were 171cm @ 21m GS:11s, we were skiing in semi soft snow (the same day that my avatar pic was taken), and I booted out his GS:11s and went flying pretty freakin high and far in the air after getting launched by them, i did a backflip in the air :o

Please check in with Mark Miller before you try your new boards. Have him follow you down.

At least Atomics don't snap in 1/2

How those Volkls doin? :rofl

I had a rossi snap in half on me once, in wyoming, i made the mistake of skiing off of the groomers with just a few inches of new snow, i hit a mogul really hard, and the ski snapped in half. it was not fun trying to get down the rest of the mountain with my ski snapped in half