killington snowmaking to begin tonight

rgrwilco

Originally Posted by spinmaster

Oh, by the way ... we're going to be making snow tonight and for the next five days so the report will be changed in the morning and updated daily from here on out. Plus, I'll have more photos too!

Now do we all feel better?

from kzone forums. apparently spinmaster is a high up at killington.

Skifreak are you allowed to drive to Vermont?

my mom let me drive to vermont with a couple friends the first year i got my license...

Contrary to popular belief, there is ABSOLUTELY NO LAW on the books that says you cannot drive out of state with a PA junior license. You just must abide by the driving restictions imposed by PA when doing so, IE no driving past 11 at night. You must also abide by local laws, IE. You cannot drive in any of the 5 boroughs of NYC until you are 18 years old...

Jordan

Edited by jordan

my mom let me drive to vermont with a couple friends the first year i got my license...

Contrary to popular belief, there is ABSOLUTELY NO LAW on the books that says you cannot drive out of state with a PA junior license. You just must abide by the driving restictions imposed by PA when doing so, IE no driving past 11 at night. You must also abide by local laws, IE. You cannot drive in any of the 5 boroughs of NYC until you are 18 years old...

Jordan

Yea so many people believe that there is. I've been pulled over in VT, NY, and NJ prior to turning 18, and not one cop said a thing, except for the fact they pulled me over for illegal tint :banghead

We'll see about the 11th. I'm not going to goto K-Mart if it's the only place open. There are better uses of my money.

Jordan

I'm not going to disagree with the fact that there is no law, but I'm pretty sure it states somewhere when you get the license that you can not drive out of state. I'll have to check on that because it that's the case then the DMV is misleading a lot of people.

if they open im doing the same i did last season, leave at 1 am, get there, have breakfast and start riding when the lifts fire up, ride until 4, then drive home.

and about the lisensces, its a law that all states must accept other states laws, whcih is how someone from iowa with a lisense at 15 or 16 can drive in nj where you have to be 18 to get a full lisense.

The way things were explained to me (whether right or not) was that you're junior license is good so long as the local laws allow it. I believe Jersey has a higher age (or did) than PA for driving. So... when I first got my license I couldn't drive in Jersey for 6 months. Since that was the closest state, I wasn't really concerned with any traveling elsewhere I was basically "stuck in the state."

The way things were explained to me (whether right or not) was that you're junior license is good so long as the local laws allow it. I believe Jersey has a higher age (or did) than PA for driving. So... when I first got my license I couldn't drive in Jersey for 6 months. Since that was the closest state, I wasn't really concerned with any traveling elsewhere I was basically "stuck in the state."

i actually did research on this.. Your junior license is good in any state reguardless of the age that you can obtain a license in that state, unless they have specific laws that state that no one under a certain age can drive in the state (or city).

Most states accept all types of out of state licenses because the laws are reciprocal, meaning they would expect other states to accept their licenses...

The only place in our vicinity as far as I could find that had a manditory driving age was NYC.

Another interesting tid-bit.. PA has a law on the books that says that out of state learning permit holders cannot drive in PA. However, no other state in our vicinity has a law like this, so our surrounding states will accept PA learner's permits...

Kind of as crazy as PA's fireworks laws.... Everyone can buy fireworks except PA residents EVEN IF they are totally illegal in their home state...

Jordan

Teenage males are the 2nd most dangerous group of drivers....1st is Old People..

Personally I think those stats are botched. The truth is that if a male fucks up, it is generally reported to insurance, but if a female fucks up, they are generally not...

Plus, i really believe that females cause far more fender bender accidents, like backing into another car, while males, who tend to drive faster (this is no lie) get into more serious accidents if they get in one, but dont get in as many as females... Thats where the reporting figure comes in, its kinda hard not to report a serious accident...

speaking of crazy laws, say you're 18 and from PA, do you have to be 19 to buy tobacco in Jersey, even if you have PA ID on you?

Hopefully.... NJ definately is moving in the right direction by raising the age to buy tobacco..

I think they should raise it to 30, by then, people are generally capable of making rational decisions

Jordan

I just did some digging as well and I can not find a reference to restrictions on driving out of state anywhere. I could have sworn I read that it was restricted in some of the documentation I received after getting my license, but I can't find it on the internet. So now I'm wondering if there was never anything there in the first place. I'll have to check when I go home for Thanksgiving.

cleaned up 14 posts out of here :D

yes, back to the topic at hand. hopefully bell is open, i dont feel like driving all the way up to killy. our house in vt is about 4.5, and then from there, another 45 mins to killy, more driving then i feel like doing in one weekend after last weekends trip

and doug, 6 hours? thats right, you drive like a grandma. cranked it up to 80 on 87...you're not gunna get pulled over on 87 for doing 80. If you do the speedlimit, after 4 hours you would've gone 60 less miles then if you were going 80 :banghead

yes, back to the topic at hand. hopefully bell is open, i dont feel like driving all the way up to killy. our house in vt is about 4.5, and then from there, another 45 mins to killy, more driving then i feel like doing in one weekend after last weekends trip

what town is your house in ?