Projected openings

bigdaddyk

onthesnow.com has CB's projected opening listed as 12-13-06 and they give a projected closing of 3-13-07. Blue is listed as 12-1-06 and a closing of 3-31-07. I was surprised to see a projected closing date, this early.

Given that CB have dates on the calendar through March 17th weekend, I can't see them closing earlier (or later) than that.

That's just it, it's all projections. Old man winter has the final say. It's got to be cold enough to make snow and then stay cold enough to maintain it. All you can do is hope for the best when you ski in the banana belt !

Just checked a few weather forecasts for Blue, BC, MC, Hunter. Doesn't look like there will be any snowmaking temperatures in the next 2 weeks, maybe not even until the very last day or two of Nov. Not good, but luckily they don't know a fucking thing about the weather so they could be wrong. Hunter may be able to find some temperatures to make snow, but I can't see a solid day of snowmaking anywhere south of that.

Just checked a few weather forecasts for Blue, BC, MC, Hunter. Doesn't look like there will be any snowmaking temperatures in the next 2 weeks, maybe not even until the very last day or two of Nov. Not good, but luckily they don't know a fucking thing about the weather so they could be wrong. Hunter may be able to find some temperatures to make snow, but I can't see a solid day of snowmaking anywhere south of that.

What reports are you looking at. Everyone i have seen, shows temps going back to down on day 6 and day 7. Then the rest of the 15 day is snowmaking nights for NY and VT. None of us should be worried about PA weather for another two weeks. All we need is temps to be average, if they are below average well hey then thats a bonus.

From onthesnow.com:

Big Boulder:

Projected opening: 12-2-06

Projected closing: 3-19-07

Jack Frost:

Projected opening: 12-2-06

Projected closing: 3-26-07.

If the forecast holds up, they could get a lot of the runs open, if they hold off until 12-2. I figured BB would look at closing 3-19, because the snowmobile races are the week after that :crymore: . Hopefully they open back up.....but at this point, I just want them to open.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Are yo sure. Because i was there on ski for free day, and thats the last day of the season, and that day was the 19th.

I am betting limited park terrain and limited lifts until the snow melts after the 19th - The 19th would be the formal closing for everyone else. They announce many times over at the May Rail Jam that we would try to open early and close late.

WE NEED COLD WEATHER. not marginal weather, COLD WEATHER

Alllllll right then, it looks like the week after thanksgiving may be a go for snowmaking. Its been holding that the temps will get cold enough for a few days now.

So Im going to go out on a limb and call Dec. 9 for a probable opening day at bear. Most other mountans are either gonna open that weekend or the weekends before or after depending on where you are and how the weather goes.