ParkLogic Update: 11/10/06

ParkLogic

Yet another busy week here at JF/BB. The mountain crews are geared-up and we are itching to make snow as soon as weather permits. Stay tuned to www.jfbb.com or www.bigboulderpark.com for the latest updates.

In addition, this week we've added the East Coast Team Challenge to our event lineup at Big Boulder. Mark your calendars! January 9th is going to be huge at BigBoulder. In addition to the East Coast Team Challenge slopestyle action, our good friends at RedBull will be flying-in some of the industry's top photographers and magazine editors to capture all of the action! Don't miss this opportunity!

For now, here is an update on our jib building progress to date:

2 - 16ft 'Intro" Flat Boxes (wide)

2 - 20ft Flat Boxes (wide)

2 - 16ft Picnic Tables

1 - 20ft 'Intro' Flat Box (wide)

1 - 20ft 'Intro' Flat Box (standard)

1 - 24ft Flat Rail

1 - 30ft Flat Box (standard)

1 - 30ft Flat Box (superwide)

1 - 30ft Flat Box (narrow)

1 - 32ft Upslope Box (standard)

2 - 32ft streetstyle rails

1 - 46ft Battleship Box (standard)

1 - 50ft Flat/Down Box (20f/30d)

1 - 40ft Streetstyle Rail

1 - 31ft Upslope Rail

Over 500feet of new jibs so far! :rock

New 40ft streetstyle rail

1410291868_l.jpg

Next week, more new jibs (much more!)... more new updates! Think COLD!

Edited by ParkLogic

you should see how many rails and boxes are laying off to the side. Hopefully some of those will go back up.

So they've got 19 new jibs, plus a few more they're working on plus what they had last year.

Don't forget about those jump things too. :P

nothing curved yet. I bet we'll see a c box and/or c-rail, a wallride, a flat rail or two more, and a down flat down rail or box. I'm not sure what else but I kind of want a rainbow rail although I don't think these guys like rainbow rails much because there weren't any at mountain creek in the last few years. I'm just stoked the upslope box and the 40 foot down rail are there, those were the smoothest jibs at MC and I knew that BB would get them too.

And don't worry, these guys can make some nice ass jumps. I'm pissed I didn't save my pictures from independance pass last year, but the 2 hip/jump on the right side flowing into the big hip on the left side was so smooth.

shawn grooms too, correct?

Correct. I [shawn] have been building parks [as an operator] for 7 years and Julian for 6. With the elite snowmaking system here at JFBB and better park trail acreage (wider) we are stoked to have the opportunity to finally let loose!

In the coming weeks we'll be adding heavily to our jib variety including some of the features listed above and much more... have a great weekend!

Not to put words in your mouth but was the seemingly shitty snowmaking at Mountain Creek a factor for you leaving? Because last year for a while they built up snow for a step down on great northern where there is always a stepdown, but after the warm spell they pushed it out for coverage instead and put 2 rails. And the jump on kyhber was like half made but never materialized either, and then flying fox basically never even opened.

Not to put words in your mouth but was the seemingly shitty snowmaking at Mountain Creek a factor for you leaving? Because last year for a while they built up snow for a step down on great northern where there is always a stepdown, but after the warm spell they pushed it out for coverage instead and put 2 rails. And the jump on kyhber was like half made but never materialized either, and then flying fox basically never even opened.

No comment. :devil:

Here's a sneak peak of Big Boulder's new 40foot flat rail nearing completion. We're working overtime these days and we're averaging a new jib from 'concept to paint' every 1.5 days!

1426081462_l.jpg

We're working overtime these days and we're averaging a new jib from 'concept to paint' every 1.5 days!

Mind walking us through that process? I'm not looking for you to give up your signature techniques, just the basic run through of the process.

will the old rails still be in use at all?

I am starting a fund raiser selling pins, barley mill discount cards, candy bars to buy all the extra rails to help CB.

Mind walking us through that process? I'm not looking for you to give up your signature techniques, just the basic run through of the process.

measure, cut, weld, grind, paint.