Snow Snow Snow!

DiMe

Camelback is supposidly ready to start blowing snow monday night! :lol

I'm not laughing thought the smiley was a thumbs up. I'll change it, im glad!

**Arg no more edit option for that post I guess I can't change it

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I'm not laughing thought the smiley was a thumbs up. I'll change it, im glad!

**Arg no more edit option for that post I guess I can't change it

You can steal their girlfriends (except 'Dude's), dent their cars (except Jeff's), call their mommas fat (except MC's), but they sure are touchy if they think you're mocking their snowmaking efforts.

Dont use them words around here.

And their you go: Lib again is looking to be Mod of the Month :rock

Ski is my favorite :bravo

To the topic starter where did you get this info?

I work there. Plus check out the accuweather 15 day forecast for Tannersville.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-15day...72&metric=0

They probably wont be making during the day but night time snowmaking should start real soon.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I work there. Plus check out the accuweather 15 day forecast for Tannersville.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-15day...72&metric=0

They probably wont be making during the day but night time snowmaking should start real soon.

Alot of people on here work at Camelback, so that's irrelevant :banghead

BTW, Weather.com says something completely different in terms of temperatures :banghead

If only they had the snowmaking power of Blue, and the vertical and the 6pack, and the steezy new remodeled bathrooms... :banghead

Don't even start this here...you blue slut

go :bj one of the blue mtn staff...

Whoring in my forum is gonna get your ass called out :tinfoil:

Alot of people on here work at Camelback, so that's irrelevant :banghead

BTW, Weather.com says something completely different in terms of temperatures :banghead

It's rellevant to the question that was asked. I talk to snow makers everyday at work and the projected night time start date is monday weather permitting of course. Rest assure if the temperature permits it will happen.

As far as weather.com vs accuweather.... I don't know what to think i hope accuweather is more accurate in this situation. Either way weather.com shows lows of 31 everday except fri-sun it jumps to 37 and drops back to 31 monday in their 10 day forecast. 31 degrees at night add a little elevation and windchill and hopfully it will be cold enough to keep making.

Anyways this thread was intended to share some information and keep our spirits up that the season in NEPA will start soon at Camelback.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

As far as weather.com vs accuweather.... I don't know what to think i hope accuweather is more accurate in this situation. Either way weather.com shows lows of 31 everday except fri-sun it jumps to 37 and drops back to 31 monday in their 10 day forecast. 31 degrees at night add a little elevation and windchill and hopfully it will be cold enough to keep making.

Not to burst your bubble, cause I want to ski soon in PA as well, but 31 with some elevation with our average humidity isnt cold enough to blow snow. And "windchill" is irrelevant in snowmaking. Snowmaking only depends on 1 variable, wet bulb. 31 degrees is the dry bulb temp, not taking into account humidity. With our humidity around here, you have to be around 28 to get snowmaking started. Anything higher requires pretty low humidity, much lower then we usually see around here in the winter time in 30 degree temperatures.

I hope the snowmakers you're talking to know all this, or else they'll be some nice mudslides come monday night at CB :banghead

Here's a good link to look at....

http://makesnow0.tripod.com/wetbulb.html

Not to burst your bubble, cause I want to ski soon in PA as well, but 31 with some elevation with our average humidity isnt cold enough to blow snow. And "windchill" is irrelevant in snowmaking. Snowmaking only depends on 1 variable, wet bulb. 31 degrees is the dry bulb temp, not taking into account humidity. With our humidity around here, you have to be around 28 to get snowmaking started. Anything higher requires pretty low humidity, much lower then we usually see around here in the winter time in 30 degree temperatures.

I hope the snowmakers you're talking to know all this, or else they'll be some nice mudslides come monday night at CB :banghead

Here's a good link to look at....

http://makesnow0.tripod.com/wetbulb.html

Yes the snowmakers know of the wet bulb thing although I personally am not to knowledgeable about it. Thanks for the link. We'll all I can say is lets hope that the forecast is incorrect like it often is but this time for our benefit. :nana

*****Oh man comparing that wet bulb chart to weather.com's forecast puts us just on the brink of fair snowmaking conditions everyday with the exception of fri-sun with the max humidity being forecasted at max 71% and lower all the other days. The border line between fair snowmaking and no snowmaking is sooo close!! We'll just have to see what happens. If accuweather forecast stands more true to weather.com I think our chances are still good. :woot

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Yes the snowmakers know of the wet bulb thing although I personally am not to knowledgeable about it. Thanks for the link. We'll all I can say is lets hope that the forecast is incorrect like it often is but this time for our benefit. :nana

*****Oh man comparing that wet bulb chart to weather.com's forecast puts us just on the brink of fair snowmaking conditions everyday with the exception of fri-sun with the max humidity being forecasted at max 71% and lower all the other days. The border line between fair snowmaking and no snowmaking is sooo close!! We'll just have to see what happens. If accuweather forecast stands more true to weather.com I think our chances are still good. :woot

Use this forecast for overnight lows.

Big weather story down here is an offshore low developing Monday or Tuesday bringing us high winds and rain before it moves up the coast. Could be a N'oreaster heading your way.

PAX

Big weather story down here is an offshore low developing Monday or Tuesday bringing us high winds and rain before it moves up the coast. Could be a N'oreaster heading your way.

PAX

Will only work in our favor if we get a cold front from canada at the same time. If not were gonna have alot of rain, since it will be bring warm air from the gulf.