Lights On

skifreak

I just came back inside from putting my snowguns in position for tonight. I noticed blue had on all of their lights :rock

This is always how I know winter is literally around the corner for our area.

I have a great view of the Lehigh valley from where I eat dinner, so hopefully the sky will be all lit up while im eating :rock

looks like there is snow on the ground on the webcam...oh no wait, thats just a 20x20 pixel :rofl

Take that bad attitude elsewhere :nono We don't want the snow gods to hear it.

Haha, oh yea sorry!

[sarcasm]Snow gods, MAKE IT SNOW!!! I will give you my old skis, 10 pairs of NEW boxers, and a few pairs of socks :woot [/sarcasm]

There's nothing said about a laser light show at Booter mountain...I bet they're going to blow snow..last year at this time is was the same temperature and they blew snow...some of the best snow in southern Carbon country..

Come on Booter mountain...Friday December 1st...do it and make me proud..that's my boy Blue..

Who ever said they will? I don't want to get excited right now. I have a feeling that I will just get disappointed. :banghead:crymore:

Well lets put it this way, they don't start burning electricity for the fun of it. Those lights are expensive and they're not useful for marketing (Blue Mountain, the first to turn on our lights in PA!, doesn't sell lift tickets). The only reason for them on would be to work. The only work you do at night in November is making snow. They may not make it tonight, maybe tonight they wanted to check out the lights. But I wouldn't be shocked if they blew a little snow tonight to blow the cobwebs out, make sure there are no problems. I wouldn't expect them to start making a base tonight though. I remember when Mountain Creek installed all of their fan guns for the Superpipe they ran them one night in early October when it dropped just barely cold enough, put out a few inchs on the pipe and took some pictures just to get people excited, that was cool.

Meh, I guess we'd have to see tommorow morning. But would they really blow all over? Doubt it. Probably only with the new guns in the park. But you never know. They might be able to blow snow all week and open by December 1st.

They had the lights on before, but not all over the whole mountain. Just in the Valley. Tonight though they have them on everywhere because I can see the lights at the top from my house.

When they first put them on they go around clean the nozzles on the snowguns, check the lights, and maybe test out some guns. I don't think they will blow tonight (unless just testing out the guns), but by all means, not start making the base. Its cold tonight and tomorrow night and then it gets too warm for a little bit. It would just be a complete waste of money to start making the base now.

Rest assured they will begin soon enough, and its just enough to get me psyched. It would be nice to see snow on the cam tomorrow though :woot

Meh, I guess we'd have to see tommorow morning. But would they really blow all over? Doubt it. Probably only with the new guns in the park. But you never know. They might be able to blow snow all week and open by December 1st.

You are probably the most negative person i have ever seen when it comes to skiing/snowboarding. Maybe you should go on some other msg board, and take your negative talk...

Edit: Jeff is right, park is almost last to open.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

You are probably the most negative person i have ever seen when it comes to skiing/snowboarding. Maybe you should go on some other msg board, and take your negative talk...

Edit: Jeff is right, park is almost last to open.

Its not negative talk. Its REALITY talk. I am wanting them to blow snow, but these temps just aren't assuring enough to say that they will blow snow and make a base. I don't want to be hyped up to much and then gonna be a false hope.

Its also because I don't want to be too excited just yet because I have school, work, and other things I have to do. I can't concentrate on school if I am thinking of snow. But hey, if Blue blows snow tonight, and I see it on their webcam, THEN I will be STOKED! :rock

As long as they don't push it around, the snow should last through the warm days, since the sun isn't as strong now. They have a few hours yet. The last I checked, it was 39 in Palmerton. I might head over to BB around midnight. It should be plenty cold there, by then, since it is already 31 there.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Its not negative talk. Its REALITY talk. I am wanting them to blow snow, but these temps just aren't assuring enough to say that they will blow snow and make a base. I don't want to be hyped up to much and then gonna be a false hope.

Its also because I don't want to be too excited just yet because I have school, work, and other things I have to do. I can't concentrate on school if I am thinking of snow. But hey, if Blue blows snow tonight, and I see it on their webcam, THEN I will be STOKED! :rock

Yes it is negative, when everyone is getting hype over them possibly blowing snow, your over there, going oh they won't blow snow. Because you know every move blue makes don't you?

If thats not negative, i dunno what is.

If they started blowing tonight, thats a big IF, but if they did, they could probably blow for the next few nights except for Thursday. All of the nights are supposed to be mid to high 20s. We will see what happens though. Im getting the same feeling as Christmas, not knowing whats gonna be here by morning, happyness or sadness. Either way though its a good feeling to know seasons around the corner.

tussey had em on two weeks ago

And i'd be willing to bet if you went and talked to management that they would tell you there was a reason for it. Not just because someone's finger got a little jumpy and decided to go flipping switches. But maybe some resorts like to throw money in the garbage, what do i know. Hopefully i can find some of those garbage bags so so i can pay off some of the money i owe.