This ugly warmth won't last

ColoradoHigh

Well on the Accuweather 15 day forecast, it says the warmth will end on the 19th or 20th, and then from then on, the highs will be just in the low 40's and upper 30's in Blue Bell. In Palmerton ( Blue Mt. ) the highs will be in the mid 30s with snow on Christmas!

This warmth is just a little thing that will just be a mere imagination next month :rock

Lets just hope for COLD AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:yes

Well on the Accuweather 15 day forecast, it says the warmth will end on the 19th or 20th, and then from then on, the highs will be just in the low 40's and upper 30's in Blue Bell. In Palmerton ( Blue Mt. ) the highs will be in the mid 30s with snow on Christmas!

This warmth is just a little thing that will just be a mere imagination next month :rock

Lets just hope for COLD AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:yes

Because long range forcasts are never wrong...

You guys are acting silly. Whats wrong with hoping for a little cold weather and snow? If the forcast says so, theres a good chance it might happen. No one expects forcasts two weeks in advance to be accurate, its just an estimation. Just be glad they arent forcasting 70 degree temperatures instead and hope for the best.

I wish they were forcasting 70's because then danger would post something about it being warm, and the cold would come back..

If you actually read all of his other weather posts you would understand why we say the things we do.

for example. BIG SNOWFALL EXPECTED MONDAY! SEVERAL INCHES we saw a flurry IF that at best.

I'm no meteorologist, and I too was called "the weatherman," when I was a kid because I always knew what was going to happen. I don't rely on long range forecasts like Accuweather, but I do look at helpful weather resources on the Web. Based on these five web sites, you can begin to get an idea of what might happen over the next seven to ten days:

1) Ramsdis Water vapor loop - to see how the atmosphere is currently moving.

2) Polar view of Global Jet Stream - to see where the "oomph" (highly technical term!) is in terms of atmospheric angular momentum.

3) Polar view of high altitude temperature - to see where all the cold air is "hiding."

4) Wind speed and sea level atmospheric pressure - to see how the atmosphere might be set-up to "pull-down" some of that great Canadian air mass. I love Canada just for it's awesome air masses.

5) The change in barometric pressure - to see whether the circulation might be increasing or decreasing.

Based on these five web sites, I too am hopeful that we should be in a colder regime in about a week. That large low pressure cell off the coast of British Columbia, if it makes it's way across Canada (and maybe dips south a little), would really help to drag cold air in behind it. I'm encouraged that it is a deepening low too. If something like that could come east and park off the shore of Newfoundland, we'd be set-up for a pretty decent batch of cold through the holidays. All we'd need is a nice tight low pressure to come-up out of Oklahoma and give us a foot of snow and we'd have it made. Too far out to tell, though. I miss the Skiing Weatherman, because he worked this same way, using global information to base his predictions.

A white Christmas and New Years would be awesome.. Isn't there a big storm or something coming in from the West?? Below freezing temps along with some precipitation is all we need to have or make snow!!

Ugh.. Around here, it's supposed to be in the mid to high 50's tomorrow.. (Not cool)

bad news, this guy thinks this warm weather may last another 5-6 weeks, until mid january.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-blogs.asp...&blog=sobel

if i dont see snow starting to be blown sometime next week in the area, ill probobly do nothing but complain about it. but i would like to think id do something drastic like move.