I HATE THIS WEATHER!

Dave_S

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-blogs.asp...amp;blog=larson

no change in the weather pattern in sight. with such a short ski season in pa, will many mountains be able to open or even if the weather pattern doesnt change? this says any cold air that comes through will only stay for 48 hours at a time. so thats maybe 10 hours of snowmaking every week or 2 weeks or so. doesnt look good.

Edited by evo55

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-blogs.asp...&blog=sobel

this dude says it WILL get cold in january. ill believe almost anything positive at this point.

LOL.... I love the contradiction from the same website in a matter of days. COLD January, but then the other says only cold for 2 days at a time.. ugh..

This really is the worst I can remember. I was going to get a new board, but no way now. The season is approaching January already. It's January, short February and closing in March. Forget it!

A very long time director at CB told me he think this is the worst he has ever seen or can remember.

In 1976 Telluride was only open for 12 days...

Nothing to do with Pa, but shit like this happens everywhere.. At some point in time anyway.

This time last year blue was fully open, now they can barely keep 5 trails open :banghead

The forecast for the next week from NOAA looks horrible . Two nights of snowmaking and rain the other days. They are even calling for rain with a temp of 24 :confused .

Lake Harmony:

Tonight: A slight chance of rain before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind between 7 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 27. West wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. West wind between 3 and 10 mph.

Wednesday Night: Clear, with a low around 26. West wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.

Sunday: A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Accuweather is a complete joke as far as their 15 day forecast goes...every day I check it shows something completely different. Yesterday they were showing a steep dropoff of temps around day 9, and now the temperature line looks like someone hand drew it while having a seizure. Up down up down, but never any steady cold, and not even that cold for short periods of time. I'm really sick of this weather, especially since I'm a home snowmaker. I want to make snow in my yard, I've spent quite a bit of money building a new snowmaker, and no weather in sight to get any use out of it.

PLEASE...WINTER IS HERE, GET COLD!

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

friday Okemo got about 3+ inches of fresh snow. Today when we left it was raining pretty hard. Yikes. they had ver decent snow coverage on the trails that were open besides a few that were extremely icy but that was mainly on the easy trails where there were a zillion and a half people. But over all it was bad. Got some really nice runs in when I was by myself. :wiggle