marjies

zaldon

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us some good news Craig!!! I know you dont care too much about the competition, but Blue is farther South than you, and they are opening 6 more trails tomorrow... Unfortunately, the slow rate of snowmaking and trail openings at Camelback may force me to Blue next year :(

Totally right, you would think Doug was on Blue's payroll for the amount of plugs he's giving the boot. No one else brags that much about their mountains. (even when they are 10 times better than your boy blue)

I was not there today so I can't say for sure but my guess would be that they are probably recovering and blowing the snow pretty deep so there is no chance of it getting thin if we run into weather again. Then they will expand to the east side and open additional stuff. That's just my guess.

On the CB/Blue war, I like CB's set up a lot better than Blue.

I do like 1 or 2 of Blue's trails but the rest are all the same PA trails. But all this Blue/CB crap has been debated to death.

If you like Blue go to Blue, if you like BC go to BC, and if you like CB go to CB, its easy as that. I just accept PA mountains as they are and if I want a better ride I head north to NY or VT or out west and avoid PA.

Good news guys- Marjie's Delight will open tomorrow, Friday Jan. 19! We are still making tons of snow, now that the cold temps have finally arrived. We are open today with 13 trails and 5 lifts. We are making snow today and tonight on Sunbowl, Upper Moores, Near East, Raceway, Little Caesars, Rocket, Sullivan's Trail, Laurel Glade, Base Area, Top of the mountain and the Tubing hill.

Good news guys- Marjie's Delight will open tomorrow, Friday Jan. 19! We are still making tons of snow, now that the cold temps have finally arrived. We are open today with 13 trails and 5 lifts. We are making snow today and tonight on Sunbowl, Upper Moores, Near East, Raceway, Little Caesars, Rocket, Sullivan's Trail, Laurel Glade, Base Area, Top of the mountain and the Tubing hill.

More and more trails opening ! IT wont be long now before the mountain is 100% !

Jeff, no diss but weren't you PASRs #1 Blue mountain whore before I joined PASR... :pwn3d::pwn3d::pwn3d::pwn3d:

Doug, from what I've heard he was, but because of you plugging Blue, much like bellbottoms, is now old, out of style, and destined to not return for 30 years.

Or so we hope.

I skied Marjie's today. It was OK, firm and hardpack, with a little loose granular (I'd call it "Variable Conditions"). With that said -- I think by Saturday it will be primo!! It needs to get groomed over a few times. Lower Cleo, Home Again, Honeymoon and the Meadow's were great -- Packed pow all the way. Temps are staying cold and the snowmaking crews have been going strong for nealy 72 hours. With the forecast for the weekend and next week -- it won't be long for more and more to get opened.

Marjies will be better Saturday. After the second and third groomings the snow dries out a bit more and skis much better. Remember, they are making "base" snow to start with so it will last a while. Once everything is open they will start conditioning things with dryer stuff. Actually, it sounded like they were going to through some better stuff on King Tut tonight.

Papa,

What? I'm confused. You back skiing CB? I thoght you said you wouldn't ski it again?

nope... never said I wouldn't ski it again, I have passes, plus with out of town guests.... it is much more convienent to dump them at CB. Just so there is no confusion. The only time I will reccomend CB to any one is for.... uh .. this is taking too long to come up with answer.

mid week before noon after they are 100% open????

Glad to hear that it's better now. I'll have to come and try it soon. Papa, when will you be there next? :wiggle

as soon as a pipe is open, probably for a half day before noon, unless one or both of my kids want to stay longer.

uh .. this is taking too long to come up with answer.

Let me help... if it's 15 min away and you are addicted to making turns. I can go up every night and have trails to myself for 2 hours, usually longer.

If you have to travel or buy a day pass it's not really worth it.

I guess if you are a beginner it doesn't matter much which mountain you go to, and CB does do a decent job with grooming so, I guess there is that to consider. The weirdos that bomb meadows kind of nullify that point a little bit though.