1/21/70 at Blue

AtomicSkier

Almost at my knees. So I exaggerated a little bit it wasnt hardcore backcountry but it was deep enough and it felt like floating. For how bad this season has been it was some sweet stuff. And I did not say it was powder once in that last post.. I said the closest thing to it I would see all year and I am heading up to Vermont later on this season. All I was saying was it was so sweet for how bad this season has been. lol no shit it wasnt real powder. Gotta put on some reading glasses bro. :banghead

I saw every single one of those kids ride the trail, and it was no where near knee deep. Maybe at random spots where the snow was lighter you sank a little more, but all I saw people leaving were the tracks of their boards that weren't even breaking the surface. Keep poachin' trails and postin' about it and they'll catch up with ya sooner or later. I've talked to a few patrollers who lurk about on here.

Honestly, maybe park passes aren't such a bad idea. Please, discuss...

Stever, search the park and pipe/all the mountain forums. There are enough park pass discussions/debates to keep you occupied for hours, as well as reasons why local mountains have/have not instituted them this season.

oh, and PS, the kid broke his neck in what is to remain all season as the "Intro" park.

Edited by freeridintre

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeahhh brah pow is freakin GNARly, just like two weeks ago i hit up NJ for some waves, they told us it was dangerous bc of the wind, but they were pussy, it was basically Maui mannn :rock:rock , yeah hang loooose

gahh those freak injuries suck i hope ski patrol doesnt start being gay in the park or anything..

Edited by snownskateguy

Why can't you turn up the speed? is it because of the number of people/noobs at blue, or simply because the you don't have control over the speed.

when i was at JF the day after christmas, my friend and i were really the only people using the east mt lift. i asked the guy if he could speed it up, he said sure, went into his shack, and slowed it down for a few moments. then he sped it up and all was good in the world.

the 6-pack was definitely going too slow yesterday (saturday), i didn't like it.

we cant toucht eh speed because u have to login to the computer and none of us have a username and password to do so, it is all computer operated pretty much all we do is watch the screen. the quad u can make the speed faster or slower. trust me we have tired to make the lift faster but there is no way to do so with out having joel or one of the other guys come in and turn it up

and also u wont be poaching sidewinder anymore the snowmakers made the snow extremely wet so u can poach anymore so ur fun has ended

Edited by tretiak

the snowmakers made the snow extremely wet so u can poach anymore so ur fun has ended

Single worst post of the year in terms of things I want to hear. Who the F*&% thinks of that up at Blue?!? Oh people are poaching Sidewinder, lets fuck up the whole trail and ruin their fun at the expense of those who will be riding the park for the remainder of the season.

Who do I blame? Rodeo Steve... If what Tretiak says (which I'm taking with a grain of salt anyway) is true and there really was a decision to blow with even MORE water than they already do, then I'm sooooo glad that you got your sick knee deep freshies so that I can land on cement until March. Thats alright though man, you're sooooo cool for shredding a closed trail and posting about it on PASR.

Ugh, no offense and don't take that too hard, I'm just pissed.

Dude I poached Sidewinder 3 times now and havent been caught. Im not gonna do it again though cause that is just sketchy but seriously.. It is so worth it.. The snow is so soft it was honestly like riding out West. Not regreting it at all because it will be probably be the closest thing to Pow Ill ride all year.

SICK!!!...western skiing in Palmerton!!! that post was the dumbest thing i've ever read on pasr. uneducated.

Single worst post of the year in terms of things I want to hear. Who the F*&% thinks of that up at Blue?!? Oh people are poaching Sidewinder, lets fuck up the whole trail and ruin their fun at the expense of those who will be riding the park for the remainder of the season.

Who do I blame? Rodeo Steve... If what Tretiak says (which I'm taking with a grain of salt anyway) is true and there really was a decision to blow with even MORE water than they already do, then I'm sooooo glad that you got your sick knee deep freshies so that I can land on cement until March. Thats alright though man, you're sooooo cool for shredding a closed trail and posting about it on PASR.

Ugh, no offense and don't take that too hard, I'm just pissed.

i agree with all trevor has said except the last line.

if what tretiak said is true (i dont believe very much that ski patrol says either) and it was caused by people poaching that trail, all i have to say is, steve, there's gonna be a high price for your head if sidewinder sucks for the rest of the season cause of shitty snow. be forewarned.

did anyone hear that a kid on sunday did like a backflip or something and landed on his neck and had a seizure and almost died? ... i dont know if its true i just heard it today and wonder if its true or not tttt let me know what you guys know

Warning to you park junkies with detuned edges: Ride the sides of the trail. I have a full detune besides contact points on my board and I was sliding all over the place and having a lot of trouble stopping on the ice(of course). Also take into account the super hard icey landings...sprained my wrist 270ing out...caught edge and fell backwards.

RIDE A BOARD/SKIS WITH TUNED EDGES!!

Warning to you park junkies with detuned edges: Ride the sides of the trail. I have a full detune besides contact points on my board and I was sliding all over the place and having a lot of trouble stopping on the ice(of course). Also take into account the super hard icey landings...sprained my wrist 270ing out...caught edge and fell backwards.

RIDE A BOARD/SKIS WITH TUNED EDGES!!

Thank you. A kid on a board plowed into me on Main St. Sunday cause he had shit edges (he said he usually stays in the park) and couldn't stop. He apologized and I was OK but he could have hit a kid or really hurt someone. At least he had the courtesy to scream that he couldn't stop before he hit me.

Thank you. A kid on a board plowed into me on Main St. Sunday cause he had shit edges (he said he usually stays in the park) and couldn't stop. He apologized and I was OK but he could have hit a kid or really hurt someone. At least he had the courtesy to scream that he couldn't stop before he hit me.

mmmhmmm it's pretty scary. What's really scary is the lift exits at blue. They are icey as hell...probably like 85% of the people getting off fall on the ice. At least that was the case on saturday night. Kinda a strange medium...you need edges for ice but I would rather slide around on the ice with detuned edges than eat rail when I catch with sharp edges.