Boardercross - 1/27

Damien

So, I was looking at Blue's website and apparently they're having a boardercross race this Saturday. Anyone here ever participate in that? I've always wanted to do one and was wondering if anyone had any info they'd be willing to share (format, age/ability levels, etc.)...thanks.

ahhh its loads of fun. burms, gaps, jumps, rollers. all kinda of good stuff. divided by age levels.

you forgot the icy death... thats clearly the best part about it. whats the terrain park challenge thing they are talking about? is it the jeep thing? and if so, how does skiercross qualify you for a slopestyle comp...

will blue leave thier boardercross trail up? It appears that both Bear and BB will have trails now dedicated to this.

Not if they have it on Raceway, due to the fact that Nastar runs on Sunday nights and the racers use that trail. Right now it looks like its going to be on Raceway, just based on the fact that Lower Sidewinder has no snow. For the past 2 years or so Lower Sidewinder has been setup as a bordercross trail, but it has never been anything super special. Still remains to be seen what will be done with it this year.

Not if they have it on Raceway, due to the fact that Nastar runs on Sunday nights and the racers use that trail. Right now it looks like its going to be on Raceway, just based on the fact that Lower Sidewinder has no snow. For the past 2 years or so Lower Sidewinder has been setup as a bordercross trail, but it has never been anything super special. Still remains to be seen what will be done with it this year.

That's cool...I was assuming that it would be held on Lower Sidewinder...basically why I had some questions - that trail looks way too small for a race.

Thanks for the feedback guys - see you then.

I went to blue today...

I went there for the "terrain park" challenge. On the website it said "skier x, boarder x and terrain park challenge." but it was really just a boarderx and skierx. the weird part is that it's part of the jeep terrain park challenge, which is a freestyle competition... so that means todays winners get to go to shawnee for a slopestyle competition. I'm not sure how winning a boarderx qualifies someone to compete in a regional freestyle competition, but whatever.

Since i drove 2 hours to get there, i decided to race anyway. I've never done boarderx before, so i don't really what makes or breaks a course, but this one seemed pretty sucky... They wouldn't let the girls go more than 2 at a time because it was dangerous.

Other than the competition fiasco, my first impression of blue wasn't that great. The terrain was great and the park is AMAZING, but it seemed like someone cut me off or ran me over every run... that has never happened to me at elk before. Hopefully it was just a rough day.

Other than the competition fiasco, my first impression of blue wasn't that great. The terrain was great and the park is AMAZING, but it seemed like someone cut me off or ran me over every run... that has never happened to me at elk before. Hopefully it was just a rough day.

That's cause Elk is empty. Blue is not.

Anyway, there were alot of Harry, Tom, and Dick's at BB in the parks. Very unsmartstyle like, I must add.

I just came back from blue. So many people even for this late hour. People were cutting each other off, and usually its because people sucked and you couldn't get around them any other way. Heck on Lazy Mile I almost got taken out. I was on the right side, a little girl on a snowboard in the center, and a guy on the left side. The guy on the left makes this huge turn and took out the little girl and I just barely missed getting in it.

I just came back from blue. So many people even for this late hour. People were cutting each other off, and usually its because people sucked and you couldn't get around them any other way. Heck on Lazy Mile I almost got taken out. I was on the right side, a little girl on a snowboard in the center, and a guy on the left side. The guy on the left makes this huge turn and took out the little girl and I just barely missed getting in it.

why do you even ski lazy mile?

No. I just ski on whatever I feel like.

Anyway, looks like they should be 100% for tomorrow. They turned off the guns on Chute, Switchback, and the Halfpipe before I left. Raceway was still closed from earlier, and paradise still was ungroomed because they blew on it for a little bit. So many idiots were skiing down Paradise and ski patrol was catching them at the bottom like no other day.

Anyway, looks like they should be 100% for tomorrow. They turned off the guns on Chute, Switchback, and the Halfpipe before I left. Raceway was still closed from earlier, and paradise still was ungroomed because they blew on it for a little bit. So many idiots were skiing down Paradise and ski patrol was catching them at the bottom like no other day.

awesome. I'll be up there around 10:30 probably. I'm wearing the same brown puffy coat as last time, spy goggles and salomons. I'll be with a boarder :wiggle

soooooo who's brilliant idea is it to raffle off the prizes that should go to the winners of a competition? i love it when 9 year old female snowboarders win a pair of public enemies. give the prizes to the people who sacked up and went balls out to win, not the poeple who won by default because there were only two people in their age group and got lucky in a damn raffle.

soooooo who's brilliant idea is it to raffle off the prizes that should go to the winners of a competition? i love it when 9 year old female snowboarders win a pair of public enemies. give the prizes to the people who sacked up and went balls out to win, not the poeple who won by default because there were only two people in their age group and got lucky in a damn raffle.

ya i think that is pretty retarded.. I got 2nd place in Seventeen age group and i got a pink pair of Oakleys..the "GOOD" prizes should have went to us.

idk

Eds House didnt do such a great job on this course as in previous years.

i dont really care though it was challenging but I tried it with the best of my ability and i made 1st in the first 3 heats and then in the finals i got 2nd.

anyone got any pictures from this ?