Presidents Day Report

Kyle

just got back from blue. got their at around 930 because we had to drive an extra hour north so my dad could get his skis out of our house. (long story on why we didn't come up sunday and stay over at our house) anyway got booted up, bought tickets, and was on the lift by 9:40. the place was e-m-p-t-y until about 12 then it started to get a little crowded. still finished 20 runs before 11:30 and got about 27 more from 11:30-3:20. all in all it wasn't a bad day for being a holiday and all. the steps in sidewinder aren't really keeping noobs out of the park. maybe for next year some sort of park pass? but other than that sidewinder was incredible. good job park crew on keeping the features pristine today! :yes the bus is insane and the c rail/box is pretty challenging. the f-d-f s box is pretty damn hard though. i couldn't get past the falt part it would always shoot me off. good day at blue and the 6 pack is the smoothest lift i've ever been on. :rock

Nobody, and I mean nobody laps Blue faster then Doug and I do. The best we've ever done is 8 runs in 1 hour. That's the ABSOLUTE best you can do, though 7 is the norm when there are absoloutely no lift lines. 6 with light crowds, 5 with a few minute wait.

Reminds me of a lift ride last year:

Guy: "Beautiful morning out here, I've got 9 runs in already"

Doug: "No you don't"

Guy: "Yes I do"

Doug: "You haven't lapped us yet, and you don't ski as fast as us, and we only have 8"

Guy: "I actually think I only did 7"

Nobody, and I mean nobody laps Blue faster then Doug and I do. The best we've ever done is 8 runs in 1 hour. That's the ABSOLUTE best you can do, though 7 is the norm when there are absoloutely no lift lines. 6 with light crowds, 5 with a few minute wait.

Reminds me of a lift ride last year:

Guy: "Beautiful morning out here, I've got 9 runs in already"

Doug: "No you don't"

Guy: "Yes I do"

Doug: "You haven't lapped us yet, and you don't ski as fast as us, and we only have 8"

Guy: "I actually think I only did 7"

i think i can lap Blue faster than you. because my turning radius of my skis is a lot longer than you so i'm not taking all of those short snappy turns. but anyway....

i think i can lap Blue faster than you. because my turning radius of my skis is a lot longer than you so i'm not taking all of those short snappy turns. but anyway....

183cm @ 24m isn't exactly snappy.

You have to stop in the parking every 2 runs and take your skis off, and plus you get bored just skiing, so we lap the mountain the fastest. Funny, I've never seen you lap us :confused

I skied down the steps yesterday...7.5 steezys out of 10...anyway once I get on some Pontoons I'll be hitting some of the backside chutes off the Appalachian Trail..

Pontoon dimensions...FYI Dimensions (tip/waist/tail): 160 /130/120 mm. in 176 cm. length

Those are the equivilents of 300cm skis :banghead

I'll pay a lot of money to watch you take pontoons into a chute! Pontoons were designed for only one thing, that's 2 plus feet of powder (not blown crystals), big wide open areas like Chugatch or Alyeska with NO groomed and you don't plan on making any turns tighter than 30 m. The reverse camber alone will make them unusable on any kind of groomed snow.

Alta, snowbird, yes.....OB wasatch yes......Mt Hood, OK....Whistler glacier and choice areas of BC, yes.....Apalachian trail, errr aaahhhh, Maybe not such a good idea :)

If any one needs ski's, I have the absolute best connection- ski provider to Realskier and Epic. let me know.