Scanning Passes

k2rider2690

Anyone know why the employees at bear have been scanning so many passes? i dont mind being scanned when im in line but last night i was standing inbetween the quad and double lifts talking to my friends. we were trying to decide what we were going to do when all of a sudden this guy from bear walks up to use and asks us to scan our passes! wtf i have been riding at bear for 5 years now and have been scanned 100s of times, but never when i wasnt in a lift line! i think that now they are getting like a bonus for finding people there with a bad pass or something like that. but still to me thats not right to scann a pass when i wasnt even in a lift line, i was just standing there talking to my friends!

Here you get credit for vertical with each scan and since we are all listed by our vertical achievements I WANT to get scanned and get irritated if they are being lazy about it.

For some reason they are really being lazy this year and one of the top five guys is bitching about what they show for him, but for some reason they show me at 87% of actual this year, whereas last year it was 30% of actual, so I think they are getting better.

i'd rather get scanned a whole lotta times than pay extra $$ because some little chode was skiing/riding without a valid ticket and now we have to pay more because he told all his friends about it and they did it and that resort loses $$

i dont mind getting scanned in the lift line, and i understand thats their job. i just didnt really appreciate getting scanned just standing and talking to my friends at the bottome, not even in the lift line. i mean wut does it matter, if i have a bad lift ticket there going to catch me in the lift line so y not just scan their? plus then they know who they have scanned and who they havent, luckily i wasnt scaned again in the lift line.

a lift ticket is just that... a lift ticket. They have no right to check for one unless you are getting on the lift. What if a parent brings their kid to the mountain to go skiing, and they don't ski. Do they have to leave the premesis immediately or buy a lift ticket? Are they not allowed to chill in the lodge or walk around outside while their kid is skiing?

Jordan

when you are on the hill with your equipment then they pretty much have the right to check for a pass if you are using their facilities. i have hiked up the park to watch a comp once and didnt need a lift ticket, but thats different. if he would have been standing there in street clothes and sneakers talking to his friends then they most likely wouldnt have checked since he wasnt skiing/boarding.

There used to be a big problem about 3-4 years ago when everyone was just hiking the pipe (weird cause it was never really good). They weren't using the lift but were still using the facility. A lift ticket was still needed, so when someone was sent up to scan/ check for tickets the kids who didn't buy one would just ride down to avoid him.... So i say i am glad they checked your lift ticket.

actually the main reason they check passes is liability. purchasing a pass makes u inelegible to hold the resort responsible for any injuries. therefor management def does not want anyone on the slopes who has not purchased a ticket. it legally protects bear creek from law suits. :wiggle

Edited by shoot2thrill