2007 may day?

uglyman

its great free publicity for the mountain, so if they have enough snow, I can't imagine them not doing it. I wouldnt imagine there would be an announcement till at least mid to late april though, because they need to be sure they will still have the snow before then announce it.

Jordan

Is there truth to the rumor that BB will be plowing all their snow onto the 3 center trails and attepting to stay open till may? Just something I heard.

no, I can see peak resorts maybe taking a loss for the last week or two for bragging rights which may get them to stay open until early to mid april, but theres no way they will stay open for an extra month and a half after they start losing money.

I was up at BB today and was talking to two guys on the park crew. They did say they are trying to stay open until mid April, they were the 1st to open and said they wanted to be the last to close. Then after they close, they said they plan to push the snow in the parks and keep it as long as possible for rail jams. What was really sweet, is they said it would be free.... just have to hike it I guess. They were saying they hope to keep it open even when its an island of snow surrounded by grass and dirt, so that could be well into May!!!!

I was up at BB today and was talking to two guys on the park crew. They did say they are trying to stay open until mid April, they were the 1st to open and said they wanted to be the last to close. Then after they close, they said they plan to push the snow in the parks and keep it as long as possible for rail jams. What was really sweet, is they said it would be free.... just have to hike it I guess. They were saying they hope to keep it open even when its an island of snow surrounded by grass and dirt, so that could be well into May!!!!

yea, so they close a day after the last mtn (march 26th or so) than open the mtn back up every so often for rail jams.

park crew has no say in what goes on with management.

my point is...keeping it open is different from opening/closing periodically.

I've heard from a few different employees that mid April, if not later, is there goal.

If you skipped JF, you missed a great morning. The snow was still firm, when I left at 11:30 and it was 45 degrees out. It was just starting to soften up, a little bit.

no, I can see peak resorts maybe taking a loss for the last week or two for bragging rights which may get them to stay open until early to mid april, but theres no way they will stay open for an extra month and a half after they start losing money.

so much love.........

I've heard from a few different employees that mid April, if not later, is there goal.

Weather permitting, this is the goal.. could be longer, could be shorter, depends on the weather.

Weather permitting, this is the goal.. could be longer, could be shorter, depends on the weather.

Every year there seems to be one snow wrecking rain storm in March. The whole week's forecast has rain in it :banghead:banghead . From NOAA for Lake Harmony...this won't be good. "...HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE AT TIMES FROM LATE WEDNESDAY INTO EARLY FRIDAY..."

Edited by bigdaddyk

Every year there seems to be one snow wrecking rain storm in March. The whole week's forecast has rain in it :banghead:banghead . From NOAA for Lake Harmony...this won't be good. "...HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE AT TIMES FROM LATE WEDNESDAY INTO EARLY FRIDAY..."

sou boulders base will drop a few inches to 90. not that bad.

If you skipped JF, you missed a great morning. The snow was still firm, when I left at 11:30 and it was 45 degrees out. It was just starting to soften up, a little bit.

I got up to JF that day at 11. It was a really good day out, nice and quiet! That is the 1st time I have been the JF.