Boulder - this weekend 3/31-4/1

Papasteeze is the friggin man by the way, he took time away from spitting game at some honeys on the deck to hook me, stunt, and Blake up with some burgers last weekend haha

hahahahahhaha.............honeys

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called BB today and they told me that the $10 off coupon was only valid off the full price tickets and not the $25 tickets. $25 is a good price for the only open park in PA this weekend!

Although the coupon says it cannot be combined with any other discounts, it would be ILLEGAL for BB not to honor it. The coupon states that it's for diehard skiers and boarders looking for a few late season turns at 21 specific resorts. When a ski area drops their full price tickets, they can't simply reject circulated coupons that they contracted with. The late season price is not a discount, but full price for that day. The literature markets specifically to get customers to the mountain right up to the end of the season.

No ill will toward BB, but this would be a classic "bait and switch" crime. So I'm sure someone in the office just made an honest mistake on the phone.

Although the coupon says it cannot be combined with any other discounts, it would be ILLEGAL for BB not to honor it. The coupon states that it's for diehard skiers and boarders looking for a few late season turns at 21 specific resorts. When a ski area drops their full price tickets, they can't simply reject circulated coupons that they contracted with. The late season price is not a discount, but full price for that day. The literature markets specifically to get customers to the mountain right up to the end of the season.

No ill will toward BB, but this would be a classic "bait and switch" crime. So I'm sure someone in the office just made an honest mistake on the phone.

I never thought of it that way. They lowered the ticket price, so it wouldn't be combining it with a different offer. Now if they offered another discount, that would be different.

"bait and switch"....c'mon! I guess you would have preferred they left the ticket price at $46 and told you to use the $10 off coupon instead. JFBB was nice enough to discount their ticket price $21 instead of $10. God, what an awful "bait and switch"! I don't understand the complaints on the pricing! I know....lets all go to the other mountains that are open this weekend with the cheaper ticket prices!

"bait and switch"....c'mon! I guess you would have preferred they left the ticket price at $46 and told you to use the $10 off coupon instead. JFBB was nice enough to discount their ticket price $21 instead of $10. God, what an awful "bait and switch"! I don't understand the complaints on the pricing! I know....lets all go to the other mountains that are open this weekend with the cheaper ticket prices!

Read the fucking coupon, bud, before you give me shit about it:

"Great skiing still awaits you! Diehard ski bums and snow bunnies will want to take advantage of this opportunity to take a last few runs before the season ends. It's easy: snag some discounted fun with this coupon. It's all you need for $10 off day skiing at 21 excellent Pennsylvania resorts. Just print it out and present it when you buy your tickets. Then hit the slopes!"

I didn't make BB sign on with this coupon deal. BB made the decision. This deal is CLEARY targeted for people to come take "a last few runs before the season ends". Where the fuck does it say at the end of the season BB isn't included? It's common practice for ski areas to drop prices during the final weeks, so it's TOTALLY misleading to promise a $10 discount for "a last few runs" then deny you when you get to their ticket window.

And as far as going to other mountains, well, that is an option. A lot of us have free passes to Belleayre and Hunter, so a real cheap ticket to tiny BB is an actual incentive.

Lastly, I wasn't arguing to pay nothing; I was arguing to pay what they promise in writing.

And as far as the law goes, it's exactly the definition of a bait and switch: promising one price for a product and service, then removing the discount once you get to the establishment.

Edited by ski

The ticket people I've encountered at BB were really nice and it's probably a drag for them to have to deal with people walking in with what should be a valid coupon.

Actually, though, Rob, the coupon is designed for the post season---or, better, the late season. It's directed at people getting in their last runs of the year.

Just FYI, the code violation is 73 P.S.

The ticket people I've encountered at BB were really nice and it's probably a drag for them to have to deal with people walking in with what should be a valid coupon.

Actually, though, Rob, the coupon is designed for the post season---or, better, the late season. It's directed at people getting in their last runs of the year.

Just FYI, the code violation is 73 P.S.

the coupon is designed for the post season---or, better, the late season. It's directed at people getting in their last runs of the year.

I should have clarified the Post Park Season after everyone elses' Post season is over. Herein after called the Post Park Post Season. :)

who will be at bb on saturday, i will be there most likley in the afternoon, staying till closing.

and on the discount thing, i think i would pay 50 bucks to get some turns in. i dont think ive ever skied in pa in april before....

but they should discount the tickets.... its false advertising. although, i bet the ticket window people would take the coupon because noone probably told them.

and ski, how do you make that wierd symbol? the one that looks kinda like an S?

Edited by splooshie

I disagree. You would never get a judge to say it was bait and switch. It's off what ever their published daily rate is. $21 is already discounted and therefor the coupon is not valid for an additional discount.

Well, the case law I've studied would look at the text accompanying the coupon and probably say you were wrong. The text that a reasonable person reads states that it's good through the end of the season; is targeted toward getting people to BB for the last runs of the year; and, it's BB job to know they may reduce their regular day rates at the end of the season while still having a coupon out there. The burden of clarity rests heavily on the business, which is partly in thanks to Eddie Antar's "Crazy Eddie's" stores from the 70's and 80's...

I thought you had some legal background, 1st Grade...

and ski, how do you make that wierd symbol? the one that looks kinda like an S?

On a Mac keyboard it's "OPTION 6"