Unwritten Rules of the PASR Camelback Message Board

jdew

I'm with Pyro.

I think for the most part the people who defend CB get busted on because they defend some really dumb moves. What snowsport lover would ever support closing half of a mountain on a regular basis? Sure there may be issues, but frankly as a consumer, it really shouldn't matter what is the reason. Sure we can go elsewhere, but this a place to share that sort of information (and good experiences as well). The defenders swarm to the criticism threads and act like the issues aren't their because their feelings get hurt after their home mountian gets slammed. The CB defenders for the most part really do seem like gapers, NYC 1 time a year skier/rider crowd. Which is one of the reason so many people get rubbed the wrong way after going to CB. That crowd is catered to, and for the core snow sports crowd, both the crowd and catering to it is AWFUL. In the end it makes them money, it's a business and CB walks away with a big smile on their face and their pockets stuffed.

But then...

There are CB haters who really are the same thing from a different angle. No matter what CB does, it will be awful or worse than this mountain or that. It will have the worst customer service, worst lifts, worst trails, short vert, lame park, bad conditions etc etc etc. Thats not the case either, and quite frankly the haters have done themselves a disservice by posting so much negative stuff. Any criticism is blown off as yet another hater (so the real issues don't get addressed, or highlighted in proper fashion). The haters come off like they have a chip in their shoulder and something to prove, and it's just as obnoxious as the gapers and other various CB defenders.

Jeff, you're a good guy, and you know your stuff, but quite frankly, we don't care how long Blue's season is. It's documented all over this site, and you can fill your Blue threads with that garbage. If you really cared about who had the longest season you would be hyping BB non-stop.

I don't care about people knocking CB, it just gets old and is obviously the target mountain for harassment. I can think of 100 things to complain about the other local mountains but theres no real point. If you don't like the place don't go to it plain and simple and you'd be doing the mountains locals a favor we don't want you.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Papasteeze please don't participate in our rail jam, we suck right? Spend your friday at a better mountain in NY or VT.

Somthing tells me though that you'll be there so afterwards you can complain about it.

CB has just about sucked comparitively to other hills we have done in the same day or day after. If the rail jam sucks comparitively to other comps we have been to, then yes, in the spirit of constructive critisism, I will complain. I expect you to come up and introduce yourself Friday.

haha...you've got his # :rofl

TROLL!

Jeff, you're a good guy, and you know your stuff, but quite frankly, we don't care how long Blue's season is. It's documented all over this site, and you can fill your Blue threads with that garbage. If you really cared about who had the longest season you would be hyping BB non-stop.

WORD :rock:thumb:pwn3d:

Haha..now Gapers are going to start going to Camelback :tinfoil::tinfoil:

Start?

Start?

like it or not, the people you refer to as "gapers" keep ski areas in business...NOT season pass holders.

To others...

This whole thing is BS, Camelback, along with every other ski ares IS A BUSINESS. If a business is not profitable, they close. Believe it or not, there are wal-marts in this country that are not open 24 hours. Why? because wal-mart studies every situation, and if they generally lose money after a certain hour at night, they close. Every business out there is driven by making money, and ski areas are no exception.. While I am sure Big Boulder is losing money by being open at this point, their main goal remains to build a reputation so they make more money next year.. Camelback, unlike Blue and Big Boulder has a very different crowd, more of a city crowd rather than locals who could care less if they stay open into april because 90% of them dont think skiing exists past presidents weekend..., so for CB, it is not worth their while to stay open late in the season.

When i worked at Jack Frost, every weekend after around march 15th or so was susseptible to being closing weekend. Management would closely look at ticket sales on sunday to see if it was worth their while to stay open another week. Looks like this year, PEAK decided to take a hit and chance it this year to see if they can build a reputation and make more money next year.

TROLL!

In this case... not quite. You have repeatedly shown up at CB then complained how awful it was, each time warning others not to be fooled by advertising gimicks (which I will agree with you on). However each time, you are somehow dupped into returning to CB. I understand that there are reasons beyond your choice, but... You make a critism about a problem, you support your critism and make a prediction that it won't get fixed (so far so good), then you return and assume it has been fixed, then make the same critism etc. rinse and repeat X 10.

It gets just as played out as Doug telling us we don't have enough vert or Jeff noting how short the CB season is. It's just lame, and you weaken your GOOD POINTS by drowning it in a bunch of noise. Which is your choice, but when you get called out on it, that doesn't make the other guy a troll.

CB has just about sucked comparitively to other hills we have done in the same day or day after. If the rail jam sucks comparitively to other comps we have been to, then yes, in the spirit of constructive critisism, I will complain. I expect you to come up and introduce yourself Friday.

TROLL!

WORD :rock:thumb:pwn3d:

Start?

I will, what do you look like? Have you been to the previous rail jams CB has hosted? If you havn't I can assure you it's going to be slower paced than what you might be used to. I always keep an eye out for your son competeing but I can never seem to pick him out of the crowd.

I will, what do you look like? Have you been to the previous rail jams CB has hosted? If you havn't I can assure you it's going to be slower paced than what you might be used to. I always keep an eye out for your son competeing but I can never seem to pick him out of the crowd.

Then he must not have been there. Nipples is the easiest person to pick out of the crowd.

then you return and assume it has been fixed, then make the same critism etc. rinse and repeat X 10.

no..... and yes.

hahaha.. Slower paced than what I am used to? :confused With CB setting up 3 or features, there will be plenty going on. If Billy is overseeing the organization, it will flow well. Nips hasn't been to any comps at CB other than a USASA last season. He did the Buckmans Jam that CB sponsored and won the skier division, but none of the others due to conflicts.

Then he must not have been there. Nipples is the easiest person to pick out of the crowd.

ah.... yep.. We both are fairly obvious and easy to pick out.

• 2 months later...
the end of season rail jam was great, but not enough. too little too late.

yeah - Everyone had a good time in spite of the traffic control at the top. we got there really late due to lousy traffic and a late start. mr berry was there and it was good to chat with him some more. he looked and sounded stoked with the turn-out.

Only one comment -- I was a passholder at CB for 16 years. Why? Because we had a house there. Why? Because Blue was Little Gap at that (the day we bought the house) point and for us, CB had the best terrain with the quickest access for weekly trips. Certainly the growth of Blue changed the terrain issue a bit, but any time I ever went to Blue for races, the layout or the conditions or the crowds (45 minutes for a ride on the quad one time) re-affirmed the choice. I am sure access/driving issues play a part for everyone, as the people who post here come fom a bunch of different areas, making BB/JF the best, Sno the best, etc. All of the areas, tho, have to keep an eye on the competition or they'll lose their devotees to the next "best" place and CB has a tendency to be complacent. They really need to open up some new terrain off to the east.