Best Park for 06/07 Season

Saurus

Best Park for 06/07 Season  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whos Park overall do you think was best ?

• Blue Mountain
    • Bear Creek
    • Big Boulder
    • Mountain Creek
    • Roundtop

Discuss your opinions about why you chose the mountain you did and what they could do to improve any of the mtns.

I thought that Big Boulders park was prob. the best park in PA that i went to this year.

Big Boulders park made a huge progression from the 05/06 season to the 06/07 season.Its Boxes, rails and jumps were always maintained.

I know this poll will turn out to become very biased and ppl will vote for their home mtn..

So with that said. I have only been to CB and BB this winter.. therefore i voted for BB for its HUGE progression and excellent dedication to their parks. Constantly making changes and switching it up to give you something to look forward to. I cant wait to see what they do next season!

As for MC i know they had a horrible season and had a hard time getting anything put up.. the same goes with BC, my only regret is not getting out more to check out other mountains and parks.

even though bear was my home mountain, i voted for boulder. being biased in a poll is stupid. boulders park was much better then bears, was mantained more consistantly, and was very progression friendly. i did however like the vibe at bear better then boulders. hard to explain, everyone just seemed friendlier at bear than bb.

even though bear was my home mountain, i voted for boulder. being biased in a poll is stupid. boulders park was much better then bears, was mantained more consistantly, and was very progression friendly. i did however like the vibe at bear better then boulders. hard to explain, everyone just seemed friendlier at bear than bb.

word. bb and bear and mad close as far as how their parks are.. not to mention how shitty of a season bear had as far as conditions go (moreso than everyone else) and what an advantage bb has to that through their location and snowmaking.

i cant fucking stand the vibe at boulder though. i really like it at bc. im pretty sure bc picked up another pass holder for next year just through one visit.

theres a lot more to who has the best park than just how its set up..in my opinion.

Edited by k2fujative

At the beginning of the season, I noticed park crew at BB eager to solicit comments from the riders and they took those comments to heart. As mid season came I noticed that the hype was missing. I personally like bravado and would have liked to have seen more hype. They did change and freshen parks on a weekly basis which is great for those who regularly ride there.

Towards the end of the season, I started hearing comments on areas which could should be improved. An interesting dynamic started to occur in that, those commments were not being directed to the people who could do something about it. Why? I can only guess, but if comments were rebutted they way they were to me on Saturday then I think I understand..

In a nutshell, the most consistent complaint I heard is that the landings were too flat and too short.

PS... thanks for putting out the salt, it made a huge difference.

• 5 months later...

Big Boulder was definitely the best park last year.

I'm actually trying to put together a group to rent a house at Big Boulder for the entire season because the park was so good.

Link here:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9501

I don't have a "home mountain", so I'm not biased.

I drive up from Philadelphia,

so the others are actually closer.

Boulder's park is worth the extra drive.

I've been out West and I've driven to Stratton, Snow, and Okemo regularly.

But, I won't be making the drive to VT anymore because BB was so good last year.

Edited by TT C6

In Future Snowboarding PSU is mentioned for 8th best shred college (cause of the huge sponsor supplied club which is f*cking sick). the home mtns mentioned were Tussey and BB

Tussey is right, but we never go to boulder.

This is going to be a tough call. Boulder had the best park and "park scene" which I feel goes a long way, last year. I'm sure they're going to progress again this year. However I'm seeing a ton of promise in Sno's park. Sno will definately have a bigger park than boulder this year, I guess it will come down to maintenance. Whoever keeps theirs in the best shape will have the best park.

every park gets run down...

No Park should ever get run down. No potential guests should see a park when its "down." Professionalism comes above eveything. You never know who rides through your final product. I think what you meant to say was that snow melts... but thats when you put in overnight hours and revamp a few features at a time. Get the job done.

No Park should ever get run down. No potential guests should see a park when its "down." Professionalism comes above eveything. You never know who rides through your final product. I think what you meant to say was that snow melts... but thats when you put in overnight hours and revamp a few features at a time. Get the job done.

so? did you get to try the get milk rail yesterday before the rain this morning? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I voted for bear they've got things coming together very nicely, especially since it's all in house but big boulder is going to be amazing I fully plan on making more trips to BB this season I'm excited to see how things have gone with getting the mountain creek guys to help them out again.