Cinco de mayo rail jam....

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway what trail is the railjam going to be on? Any ideas on the set-up?

It's not likely that they are going to announce it, they don't believe in that sort of stuff, they let the park speak for itself. Or as I have heard ' it's on the website. <_<

I didn't see anything on the website about where it's going to be.

And you probably won't until the last minute, the park is still learning how to talk. Typing comes later.

I wish they would make a kick ass event out of this.. Advertise, organize, charge a decent fee to enter, open the lift, early registrations, slopestyle half of Big boulder, the other half open goofing around, categories, cash prizes, sponsor swag toss, essentially an all day comp. with sessioning available off to the side and down at the plaza.

They could easily invite down/over potential park sponsors interested in next year, get some media coverage, post it up on NS, etc etc... but I doubt any of that will happen cause I don't know anything.

And you probably won't until the last minute, the park is still learning how to talk. Typing comes later.

I wish they would make a kick ass event out of this.. Advertise, organize, charge a decent fee to enter, open the lift, early registrations, slopestyle half of Big boulder, the other half open goofing around, categories, cash prizes, sponsor swag toss, essentially an all day comp. with sessioning available off to the side and down at the plaza.

They could easily invite down/over potential park sponsors interested in next year, get some media coverage, post it up on NS, etc etc... but I doubt any of that will happen cause I don't know anything.

....OR....they just want to have a Cinco de mayo rail jam :tinfoil:

You REALLY don't know anything!! Do you think that everything at a ski resort is free? Do the employees need to get paid? Equipment maintained/repaired? Food and beverage provided? Lift service? Advertising is not free either. Advertising does not guarantee people or that more people will participate. How would you plan to pay for all these expenses while only charging $10 per competitor? Raise the price? I have seen people on here complain about a $10 bib deposit and complain about $25 lift tickets. Sounds to me like raising the price would keep more people away. Sponsorship sounds easy, but companies want exposure in exchange for dollars.....how much exposure is the event going to give them? How many thousands of people are going to be there? What happens when it is 70 degrees and raining? This event is a fun event to get people out on the hill and have fun one last time. To do everything you're talking about would require the event to make a profit and is not likely to happen. Why can't you be happy that your mountain is doing this event and go there and have fun?

You REALLY don't know anything!! Do you think that everything at a ski resort is free? Do the employees need to get paid? Equipment maintained/repaired? Food and beverage provided? Lift service? Advertising is not free either. Advertising does not guarantee people or that more people will participate. How would you plan to pay for all these expenses while only charging $10 per competitor? Raise the price? I have seen people on here complain about a $10 bib deposit and complain about $25 lift tickets. Sounds to me like raising the price would keep more people away. Sponsorship sounds easy, but companies want exposure in exchange for dollars.....how much exposure is the event going to give them? How many thousands of people are going to be there? What happens when it is 70 degrees and raining? This event is a fun event to get people out on the hill and have fun one last time. To do everything you're talking about would require the event to make a profit and is not likely to happen. Why can't you be happy that your mountain is doing this event and go there and have fun?

Thank you!

Amazing....Thank you!!!!

You REALLY don't know anything!!

Can you show me any events that did the things I listed above that has failed? Did you even read my post or think about the details of how the event could be made "successful" how do you measure success? You are already admitting that it is a cost for the resort to do it. Isn't the idea to create a huge turnout to garner more interest in next season? Or is this just an after season party at Peaks expense?

Ever heard of the expression nothing ventured nothing gained?

What makes you think that I or anyone skilled in this area couldn't apply the same principals to any promotional event and make it successful?

I don't know anything? hahahahahaha