Season pass deals??

phillycore

536 for that place? Come on' even you hard core blue dudes have got to admit that's just crazy.....

Yeah, Finn, people that consider Blue their home mountain are crazy. I suppose some people will never understand the pure joy of hopping in a car for a quick drive to get in some runs after work. How a bad day can be turned great because we live so close to ski hills. At what point does a skier get so jaded that they can't relish turns unless they are 2000 miles from where they live? I've read that hating on something so amazing and so close is a form of self-loathing. People who hate the Poconos should really consider therapy to get over such a horrible condition. I feel for you, brother Finn. But most therapists work on a sliding scale and I know there are other compassionate people on PASR that would take up a collection for you. Consider it...I'm sure it's not too late for you.

NJ to Steamboat Springs, CO

Total Est. Time: 29 hours, 0 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 1901.82 miles

WTF... season pass to blue $536 for a season chock full of runs with quick lifts..

Trip to steamboat with lift tickets... $500 + for what maybe a week if you're really lucky..

I'd take the season pass myself....

Of course myself, I head west and go to blue as much as possible...

skiing is skiing and I'm having fun on a beginner hill like spring or at a place like Jackson... either way I'm skiing and not doing something else..

i hate skiing too much to ski on sunny days

how many days you think a trip from here to CO would take? like 4 days max? i want to do it.

Driving 1000 miles a day wouldn't be too bad. I've done 700+ in a day, and what's another 300?. If you pushed it, you could do 2000 miles in 2 days.

Maybe you should be nice in exchange for that $100 pass! Those people that you bad mouth all the time are the same ones that offer you the cut rate pass. Don't cut your own throat.

:ph34r:

what "people" are you referring to, exactly? and do you have access to all of blue's receipts to see how much i've paid for my pass, which i haven't bought yet this year? i'm not cutting my own throat, i'm just telling what i know from experiences i've had, good and bad. there's a lot of people at blue who really care about their customers, and would do whatever it takes to make sure someone has a great day riding. there are also individuals up there who don't always go the extra mile. seeing as how i usually end up skiing at blue over 50 days a year, i've had plenty of experiences on both ends of the spectrum, from the ticket office employees who have given me no hassle whatsoever when i've left my pass in my other paid of ski pants, to the guy in the lodge who picked up one of my friends and threw him out through the double doors because he was smoking a cigarette (back when the bar side of the lodge was not smoke free.) i emailed blue about an issue i had, was given a response that did not address my issue, emailed back asking about the issue again, and was basically put on their shit list. as far as i can tell, there was a large miscommunication, but i just try not to have to deal with the parties involved anymore, so its a mute point. i don't see what you're really getting on my case for.

Driving 1000 miles a day wouldn't be too bad. I've done 700+ in a day, and what's another 300?. If you pushed it, you could do 2000 miles in 2 days.

tryin not to drive for 10 hours straight jeff. that may be all great in your bimmer doing 90+ all the way across 80 west, but my car cant do much more than 75, a comfortable 60 at that.

tryin not to drive for 10 hours straight jeff. that may be all great in your bimmer doing 90+ all the way across 80 west, but my car cant do much more than 75, a comfortable 60 at that.

but look at it this way, you'll only have to fill up like twice during the whole trip! although you might have to make the trip twice just to get all your ski gear there...

90 is a pretty reasonable speed i think for highways like 80. if you got a radar detector (that works) you could easily drive over 900 a day if you got heated leather seats, cruise control, power steering etc.

my car has none of that and id have to keep it under 70 for fear of my car blowing up. i can only stand about 6 hours in my car without a break.

Edited by DanSobey

Very true Dan. When I drove to Ann Arbor (570 miles) my average speed was 78mph, that's because I kept the cruise pegged at 79mph and didn't turn it off for over 3 hours. Driving 70mph vs 80mph adds another 3.5 hours of driving time. Every mph counts. And, at least out west, some of the speed limits go up to 75mph in really unpopulated areas, which means you can easily drive sub-90mph without problems from law enforcement.

Very true Dan. When I drove to Ann Arbor (570 miles) my average speed was 78mph, that's because I kept the cruise pegged at 79mph and didn't turn it off for over 3 hours. Driving 70mph vs 80mph adds another 3.5 hours of driving time. Every mph counts. And, at least out west, some of the speed limits go up to 75mph in really unpopulated areas, which means you can easily drive sub-90mph without problems from law enforcement.

79? :nana

79? :nana

I used to be young and daring. Unless I'm traveling with a pack of cars, or a quick burst to high speeds in a familiar area, you won't see me cruising over 80mph anymore on a 65mph road. I've gotten pulled over too many times, too many warnings, and one too many hearings to feel like dealing with it anymore. 80mph is a lot worse then 79mph if it pops up on a cops radar. And plus, with the cosine effect, I'll probably only read 77 or 78mph, so I'm pretty sure I won't be getting pulled over.

I hate traveling with a group of cars. Honestly, I care about my safety far more than I do about avoiding a speed ticket. If I can stay away from other drivers I will, even if that means moving faster or slower than the groups of cars that are traveling the highway with me.

Sometimes you just can't avoid traffic, but when you are rolling down a highway in a group of 10 cars with nothing ahead or behind those cars whats the point? People traveling together (ie family friends) but split in separate cars is another situation, although I still prefer to say, I'll meet you guys at destination X and let the chips fall where they may when we get on the road.

That being said I set cruise to 8 mph over the limit. Any time I am driving above that I use the gas pedal, because I feel I'm more alert to both the changing road/traffic conditions and potential cruiser hideout spots.

Sometimes you just can't avoid traffic, but when you are rolling down a highway in a group of 10 cars with nothing ahead or behind those cars whats the point? People traveling together (ie family friends) but split in separate cars is another situation, although I still prefer to say, I'll meet you guys at destination X and let the chips fall where they may when we get on the road.

It's dangerous to have people following you, cause then you're wondering if they're keeping up/behind you, and they're always trying to follow you. Most of the time I make sure people know where they're going so they don't follow me. It's another thing if everyone knows where they're going, then you can rip.

The point of traveling in a pack on the highway is that you use the lead car for radar cover. The fact of the matter is most troopers won't shift out of park for anything under 15mph over. My one friend who is PSP won't pull out for anything under 20mph over, unless you're tailgating, now that is generous :bow: