Trees Being Cut Today

DeathCookie

Not unless the guy faked a heart attack, too. They had also gotten behind when they ran into electrical code problems with buried wires being too close to either the Lazy River or where the wave pool is going in.

As I understand it, there's absolutely no money issues, it's all just been a company trying to do summer and winter work in a hurry and they've hit snags. There was so much animosity going around that any negative rumors are probably just the same old sour grapes.

When it gets cold, I expect them to blow lots of snow and turn on the lifts. That's all I care about.

Tell this to the owner of the Ski Corner in Dickson City- It took them 5 months to pay him up

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell this to the owner of the Ski Corner in Dickson City- It took them 5 months to pay him up

The Ski Corner? Is that the tiny seasonal store across from the mall? They bought stuff from them? Do you know what the dispute was? I'm not saying there wasn't a problem...I'm saying you can't listen to one side and be sure you have the right one...

Was it part of the $3.3 million debt SMLLC agreed to assume from the county? If so, those debts have to be confirmed by the accountants and signed off on by lawyers. Five months sounds about right.

But what I'm basing my thoughts on are the fact that SMLLC bought Montage for $5.1 million and immediately had millions of dollars in equity. The operation is worth far more than $5.1 million. It would be like you mortgaging a house for $50,000 and finding out it's worth $200,000...

IDK, you post says they did pay him, so what's really the issue? That a brand new company didn't pay a vendor fast enough? :confused

BTW, Skibum, you joined PASR just to say that you heard two really bad rumors about how Sno Mountain conducts its business? What's your beef?

Edited by ski

Well Ski, i think you'd be really surprised if you heard some of the things about that place...

Completely aside from that, If i were a passholder i'd be worried about the shape of that mountain. I'm thinking they will be among the last to open in this area, but that's all just guessing. If they really get their asses in gear maybe they have a shot at an early December opening. But i'm certainly not holding my breath. If they run into more of their "snags" again this year and don't open until weeks after other areas are you going to stick by them again next year Ski? I'm not saying that they haven't hit any unexpected "snags" along the way, but what i am saying is that they should have started preparing for the ski season far before this. So that when they do run into a problem they have the time to deal with it, rather than pushing back the opening date once, twice, three times.

have you seen all the impovements they are doing for the upcoming season that no other mountain can match? They are listening to what their customers want and supplying. What other mountain in the area is hosting the revolution tour that only 4 other mountains in the US are hosting? Sno is doing an awesome job and I would deff buy a pass their over any other mountain for years to come

have you seen all the impovements they are doing for the upcoming season that no other mountain can match?

Like what?

They are listening to what their customers want and supplying.

According to the poll that one of the members did in this forum, their customers want a high speed lift the most of all. Are they supplying that like they said they were going to do? Not yet... I wonder if they even contacted the right people to get plans rolling for the lift..doubt it, but again i could be wrong.

What other mountain in the area is hosting the revolution tour that only 4 other mountains in the US are hosting?

So because they are hosting a "prestigious" ( :rolleyes: ) event, you are willing to let slide the late opening of the resort? ( this is what you seem to be replying to from my post, i'm not saying it's definitely going to happen) What's more important to you, hosting a tour that you won't even be competing in, or an early opening? I'll take the latter.

Hopefully i'm proven wrong and they are among one of the first resorts to open, believe me i want them to rub that in my face...but like i said i'll believe it when i see it.

The Ski Corner? Is that the tiny seasonal store across from the mall? They bought stuff from them? Do you know what the dispute was? I'm not saying there wasn't a problem...I'm saying you can't listen to one side and be sure you have the right one...

Was it part of the $3.3 million debt SMLLC agreed to assume from the county? If so, those debts have to be confirmed by the accountants and signed off on by lawyers. Five months sounds about right.

But what I'm basing my thoughts on are the fact that SMLLC bought Montage for $5.1 million and immediately had millions of dollars in equity. The operation is worth far more than $5.1 million. It would be like you mortgaging a house for $50,000 and finding out it's worth $200,000...

IDK, you post says they did pay him, so what's really the issue? That a brand new company didn't pay a vendor fast enough? :confused

BTW, Skibum, you joined PASR just to say that you heard two really bad rumors about how Sno Mountain conducts its business? What's your beef?

I have no beef just stating a rumor (either fact or not)...I am actually involved in the day to day ops there and love the new management that took us over. I am however concerned with the fact that the cold weather is starting to move in and we are in no position to make snow with all the equiptment and other obsticles in the way.

I have no beef just stating a rumor (either fact or not)...I am actually involved in the day to day ops there and love the new management that took us over. I am however concerned with the fact that the cold weather is starting to move in and we are in no position to make snow with all the equiptment and other obsticles in the way.

:yes Where do you work at? Any inside info for us :rolleyes: ?

Just want to throw a quick disclaimer in regards to my last post so i don't get my ass chewed up... I fully support the buying of the mountain by the Sno guys, don't take my last post the wrong way. I just think they could make some smarter decisions up there.

Riderossi, do you really think I have a problem coming down really hard on a ski area that screws up? Heck, Craig from CB had someone else start his car for two weeks after I had a run in with their less than stellar skier services people...

With Sno, I'm looking at the big picture. Montage was falling apart and 'secretly' losing enough money that one vote from the taxpayers would have shut it down. I've known the new owner casually---were not friends, or anything, but just had daughters on the same team---and am happy to cut them a lot of slack. Montage was a mess, from plumbing to snowmaking to the crazy staircase down to the lodge. Will it take one season to make things perfect? Will it take a few? I bought a house near Montage because it's my favorite Pocono ski area and I'm happy as hell it was saved, so they are getting a ton of slack from me.

Posting complaints is fine. Most businesses have suggestion boxes, or other form of getting feedback. But I think it's lame to post negative rumors just for the sake of spreading them.

I am actually involved in the day to day ops there

Hmmm....bullsh*t. You joined to say the contractors all walked off and Sno tried to stiff a little ski shop. Then you love management, but in the same post make another, bigger complaint.

If you really work there, which you don't, I'd fire your ass tomorrow.

Really.

where theres smoke............................

There's fire. And some guy hanging out in the bushes spankin' his monkey because he gets off on the thrill of starting fires. See where this is headed, Rob? :rolleyes:

Edited by ski

There's fire. And some guy hanging out in the bushes spankin' his monkey because he gets off on the thrill of starting fires. See where this is headed, Rob? :rolleyes:

ahhhh yep, but with out that, these boards would be oh so boring.... it's all good stuff. My thoughts about the Sno aquisition have already been stated. I still stand by them. By the way I am super stoked about some of the venues they are bringing to our area and jealous that they aren't all at Boulder. haahahaha Hope you guys get open soon. Missed you at Boulder Saturday <_<

Hmmm....bullsh*t. You joined to say the contractors all walked off and Sno tried to stiff a little ski shop. Then you love management, but in the same post make another, bigger complaint.

If you really work there, which you don't, I'd fire your ass tomorrow.

Really.

But I do work there and I can still, even has an employee have an opinion either negative or positive.....and it too bad you dont have a say wether I continue to be involved

Edited by skibum2007

....I am looking forward to the season and the new trail that was cut and ready off of upper fast track....

Does this trail end at the mid-mountain crossover or will it go to the bottom? Will there be lights and snowmaking on this trail this year?

Will there be any other new trails this year, or is the cutting just for realigning around the water park features?

Does this trail end at the mid-mountain crossover or will it go to the bottom? Will there be lights and snowmaking on this trail this year?

Will there be any other new trails this year, or is the cutting just for realigning around the water park features?

So far they say its coming to the mid mtn point like from top to the Iron horse lift and it will be closed at night- the patrol will close it at dusk, as far as I know there are other trails planned but we were led to beleive for next season

So far they say its coming to the mid mtn point like from top to the Iron horse lift and it will be closed at night- the patrol will close it at dusk, as far as I know there are other trails planned but we were led to beleive for next season

Thanks for the info, skibum...I'll talk to some people about maybe getting you rehired. No promises, though.

Did they move the NASTAR start house, yet?

Thanks for the info, skibum...I'll talk to some people about maybe getting you rehired. No promises, though.

Did they move the NASTAR start house, yet?

Well I was up there yesterday and some this morning. They did not move the start house just yet. Not sure if they are moving it or just going to build a new one. The new trail is on skiers right of fast track. Again it will be closed at night as they have not put in lights for this season but the snow making water pipes are in and ready. Did anyone hear of a target opening date yesterday at the party? They seem to be a little behind on wrapping up the waterpark construction. I heard yesterday from one of the patrollers that they are just waiting for the drums to put in tha lazy river. They just arn't being as informative and the managers are very busy.

Well I was up there yesterday and some this morning. They did not move the start house just yet. Not sure if they are moving it or just going to build a new one. The new trail is on skiers right of fast track. Again it will be closed at night as they have not put in lights for this season but the snow making water pipes are in and ready. Did anyone hear of a target opening date yesterday at the party? They seem to be a little behind on wrapping up the waterpark construction. I heard yesterday from one of the patrollers that they are just waiting for the drums to put in tha lazy river. They just arn't being as informative and the managers are very busy.

I have an interview up there tommorow. I will ask when they plan on opening.