Trees Being Cut Today

DeathCookie

It'll be interesting to see what kind of snowmaking they can get on any new trails. Do you think they will use the old portable guns from the Montage days?

Can anyone get up there to see where they are actually cutting the trails? Or is it really just the new snow tubing area?

It looked too dense to be where the new tubing area is going in, didn't it? Aren't the trees below the lot kind of sickly and sparse? But, yeah, when the photo machine is finally hooked up it'll beeasy enough to take a look.

Tough to say about the snowmaking. Aren't all the pipes to the left of the current trails as you ski? So they'd have to cross the trails to lay temporary lines.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Aren't all the pipes to the left of the current trails as you ski? So they'd have to cross the trails to lay temporary lines.
Unless if they blow from right to left, for the new trails.
...Schif: unless anyone actually skis/rides Upper Runaway, it's just not possible to convey just how wide (and flat) that slope is. ...
I was kind of surprised that they spent the time and money to blow the whole width. They probably could have just done 3/4 of it.

• 4 weeks later...
It'll be interesting to see what kind of snowmaking they can get on any new trails. Do you think they will use the old portable guns from the Montage days?Can anyone get up there to see where they are actually cutting the trails? Or is it really just the new snow tubing area?
All the old guns were sent back to SMI for updating but i think they will start from scratch with that side of the mt. and prob. just T-off the pipes already in place. Then again, once all the trails are up and running, that will likely be a whole 'nother leg of the snow making system.
F*ck sno mtn, i'm boycotting them because they are cutting down trees. They dont care about the environment whatsoever. Not to mention the machinery they are using is putting green house gases into the air contributing to global warming. The disrespect people show nature now-a-days digusts me. Words cannot describe how angry I am over this.
So all mountains are supposed to be glade skiing and if you must cut a tree down, use a handsaw. :screwy

So all mountains are supposed to be glade skiing and if you must cut a tree down, use a handsaw. :screwy

Ha, he was kidding, Coach. TP4 would puncture an oil tanker in Alaska if it would make jibbing off icebergs any better. And I happen to know he eats baby seal meat on Ritz crackers.

Ha, he was kidding, Coach. TP4 would puncture an oil tanker in Alaska if it would make jibbing off icebergs any better. And I happen to know he eats baby seal meat on Ritz crackers.

Ahh, oooK. Being new, i have allot to learn about personalities i guess :paranoid And i even thougt twice before posting, thinking ;can he be for real? LOL, sorry again!

F*ck sno mtn, i'm boycotting them because they are cutting down trees. They dont care about the environment whatsoever. Not to mention the machinery they are using is putting green house gases into the air contributing to global warming. The disrespect people show nature now-a-days digusts me. Words cannot describe how angry I am over this.

I am with you, damn land rapers.. :naughty

• 2 weeks later...

Well, nothing new at the meeting other than the mess at the bottom which will be finished up within a few weeks. The owner(s) didn't speak this time around which sorta disappointed us a bit. But they are busy none the less. Smoke has been hardwired with the best conduit/wiring as now it will be a top notch slope for USSA events. The outdoor wrap-around deck is absolutely awesome, huge and with that fancy composite boarding. They plan to install some sort of heat system out there and also make provisions for bands to play. I'm pretty stoked!

I heard from an attorney in Scranton that they ran out of money and the contractors walked off the job. Any truth to this??

Not unless the guy faked a heart attack, too. They had also gotten behind when they ran into electrical code problems with buried wires being too close to either the Lazy River or where the wave pool is going in.

As I understand it, there's absolutely no money issues, it's all just been a company trying to do summer and winter work in a hurry and they've hit snags. There was so much animosity going around that any negative rumors are probably just the same old sour grapes.

When it gets cold, I expect them to blow lots of snow and turn on the lifts. That's all I care about.