Big Boulder in 10 days

Papasteeze

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where did u hear they were opening??

They were announcing it all day long at the Mike and Matts Rail Jam - November 3rd + 10 days equals November 13th or earlier, weather permitting. It also depends on snow coverage and your definition of "open" Think COLD temps this week.

The mount Pocono forecast makes next weekend look like a possibility...

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day....44&metric=0

Is Big Boulder typically colder than Mount Pocono???

Yes, it's at a higher elevation...having spent many winter weekends in lake harmony I noticed that the temp at CB was usually 5 degrees warmer than the temp in lake harmony.

went to the rehire meeting and they said earliest date of opening is boulder on nov 17 and dec 8? sumtin liek that
Any information if they are going to get rid of all the parks at JF?
Big Boulder is still planning to blow as soon as temps allow. The forecast for temps are marginal but the plan is to open with Freedom Park first. It is possible (with cold temps) that next weekend that there will be some jibs up on Freedom first.
Won't happen in the next two weeks. The current forecast doesn't have any sustained temps to make snow and the daytime temps are too warm. Belleayre probably won't even be able to do it. They will probably end up opening about the same time as last year, hopefully. Edited by bigdaddyk

Any information if they are going to get rid of all the parks at JF?

Whatever happened to Jane's Lane? Isn't that where one park is now? And whats the deal with the Jack Frost Glades? They have it listed under what's new for this season but there is nothing new on the trail map. Anyway, it would be great to be skiing as soon as the 17th here in PA. Only a few weeks now!!

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

Whatever happened to Jane's Lane? Isn't that where one park is now? And whats the deal with the Jack Frost Glades? They have it listed under what's new for this season but there is nothing new on the trail map. Anyway, it would be great to be skiing as soon as the 17th here in PA. Only a few weeks now!!
Last year they turned Janes lane back into a regular slope, which is what that one should be.
BigDaddyK..it it's in the 20s at night and the 40s during the daytime, they'll be fine..
There's 5 days that the temps are in the high 20's. With the humidity, I don't think it would be good for blowing snow, with the fan guns.http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day....24&metric=0

Jane's Lane is going to be a regular slope. One Park is still gonna be there. That is on the slope formerly known as Tobyhanna. The trees at the top of Toby plus all the existing glades were cleaned out and made much nicer.....but the sickest glade-work was done in the large tree area between Challenge and East Mtn. This area could be a named trail and be put on the map, but I don't know if it will be or not. In any case, it's super sweet. I can't wait to blast through there this winter.

Any information if they are going to get rid of all the parks at JF?Won't happen in the next two weeks. The current forecast doesn't have any sustained temps to make snow and the daytime temps are too warm. Belleayre probably won't even be able to do it. They will probably end up opening about the same time as last year, hopefully.

negative nancy.

black-bandanna and i will be there if they open anything the 17th.

Won't happen in the next two weeks. The current forecast doesn't have any sustained temps to make snow and the daytime temps are too warm. Belleayre probably won't even be able to do it. They will probably end up opening about the same time as last year, hopefully.
What forecast are you looking at? It was explained that they are pushing to get freedom covered first. They announced all day long on Saturday "10 days". OBVIOUSLY weather permitting.
The trees at the top of Toby plus all the existing glades were cleaned out and made much nicer.....but the sickest glade-work was done in the large tree area between Challenge and East Mtn. This area could be a named trail and be put on the map, but I don't know if it will be or not. In any case, it's super sweet. I can't wait to blast through there this winter.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!