Big Boulder in 10 days

Papasteeze

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get me wrong, with the firepower they have at BB, they could get at least a death ribbon down the center of freedom open with one good night of snowmaking. HOWEVER you really have to ask...is it really in their best interest to do so? Will they have the staff available yet? Will they make enough money to justify making snow before temperatures are somewhat consistent. Night time temps may look good, but that doesent help you much when its 50 they next day and you lose half of what you blew the night before. Thats like throwing money in the garbage. The real question is: is there a market for pre-thanksgiving skiing in the poconos? I think not... its the same reason most mountains will close before april 1st. They make no money after then...

Are you completely insane? YES, there is market for pre-turkey skiing here. 200 people showed up for the Mike n Matts rail jam just to hit a couple of jibs on an anthill. It's not throwing money in the garbage...it's good PR and good business...just like staying open on weekends til April 15th was good business. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

And you can start making that $100 check out to Mr. Fluffy McFlufferson anytime. :wiggle

Will tonight be the night? The guns are ready to go, flurries today, and no rediculosly high temps anywhere in the forecast. They should go for it. Not saying they will, but if they plan on opening in little over a week, they won't have any problem keeping some snow on a trail, especially when they can get AT LEAST 3 or 4 nights of snowmaking in between now and then. If not tonight, i see them beginning after the weekend, or Sunday night. I've been snowboarding for like...6 years now, and i just got my first season pass ever. Guess where I got it for? Thats right...

I changed my pass to JFBB 100% because of the length of the season. They certaintly had the longest season for park south of Vermont.. And last year when I went to Mount Snow mid january I thought JFBB's park beat down Mount Snow's handily. And that was when I wasn't a pass holder for JFBB, so no fanboyisms.

I changed my pass to JFBB 100% because of the length of the season. They certaintly had the longest season for park south of Vermont.. And last year when I went to Mount Snow mid january I thought JFBB's park beat down Mount Snow's handily. And that was when I wasn't a pass holder for JFBB, so no fanboyisms.

I agree with this man. Mount Snows park wasn't that that great at all compaired to BB midseason.

I also plan on getting a season pass for JFBB this year!

Edited by STIBALLIN

No they don't...what about Mount Snow and Sunday River..

No where close last season. Mt Snow park rats will tell you that thier park sucked last year. With Peak they will probably have thier faith renewed. There was NOTHING park related in New England to speak of until mid January last season. We traveled a loop first week of January to no avail. It was good to come back home after that week. Boulder had a respectable park from the 2nd week of December.

Edited by Papasteeze

I'll bet you a nickel that you are wrong. It's much colder at BB than at Snotage. We had flurries this afternoon.

Just for the record, Fluffy, BB's summit is 2275 ft. versus 1960 ft. at Sno. That means the summit of BB is ONE DEGREE colder than at Sno's summit. And there were flurries at Sno yesterday, as well.

just got back. they have 30 guns in freedom and there on as of 5 minutes ago. looks like there shooting to build a 20-30 foot kicker for this weekend and put about 25 rails out. should be so sick

YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!! First guns on in PA of the season. W00t!!!!! :woot :woot :rock :rock :wiggle :wiggle

^can you tell I"m a little excited

(swdorsey @ Nov 7 2007, 07:24 PM)

just got back. they have 30 guns in freedom and there on as of 5 minutes ago. looks like there shooting to build a 20-30 foot kicker for this weekend and put about 25 rails out. should be so sick

damn it dorsey.. I wanted to get a hundred bucks from Jordan.. ah yep.. keep fingers crossed, it is still several days till the weekend. What are you doing up there anyhow? I thought you were only at BC, well whatever, are we gonna see you at Boulder this year?

yeah im actually not working anywhere this year since im at Bucknell for school and running there. I wont be skiing much because of that which is sad but it would be nice to do a bit of skiing over thanksgiving break. just cant get hurt or the coach might kill me so ill be more of a bitch than i used to be (if thats even possible). And i wasnt at BB i just wanted to see how long it would take for someone to reply. (i know im a bastard, sorry)