Big Boulder in 10 days

Papasteeze

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluffy: BB's summit is one degree colder than Sno's. The mid-mountain lodge at Sno is about the same elevation as the BB lodge, so temps are about the same. It's about three degrees warmer at the North Face base than at it's summit, so when we 'suffer' having to ski the Sno Mountain diamond terrain as opposed to BB's diamond terrain, we are indeed enduring temps as much as four degrees warmer when we hit the lift line than the summit of BB.

Sno Mountain is not in downtown Scranton. There are no city blocks absorbing heat on any of the Sno slopes. It's all about the elevation, son, which is why there's skiing in Hawaii.

Ever since Joe got off his bike in a Maryland mall and kept asking a 15 yr. old girl to squeeze his 'muscular' thigh while on TV, I just can't really take him seriously.

Thanks for the info. I was unaware of the particulars. So Sno must be open this weekend too right?

80x1bhi.jpg

6okcwhj.jpg

7xmrsbc.jpg

7329pnr.jpg

870tvr5.jpg

87mzwpz.jpg

6jlp0r9.jpg

85loazd.jpg

6u9t55f.jpg

6yeg21l.jpg

Okay for all you imapatient people (everyone). Here are some pics. The deepest spot when I arrived would have to be around the 4ft range. No huge whales, just a very thick even coat for the most part. Then they told us that they would be firing up the guns in 10 mins, which was at 5:10, so we ended up freezing our asses off until an hour or so later when they finally got every gun on. It was a beautiful sight to see each gun go on and then have the snow quality checked using the sleeve test. Great day. Now that I shared my pics, what's everyone getting me for my birthday tomorrow? Some hot chocolate saturday would be nice.... :rolleyes:

Yup. Sorry for some that were blurry. It was my sisters camera and i couldn't really figure out the settings on it. You can get the idea. Like i said, most spots were just a very thick even coat, like closer to the 1.5-2ft range i'm guessing. However, right in front of a couple of the guns it looked to be AT LEAST 3ft, but probably a bit more.