Big Boulder in 10 days

Papasteeze

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. I was unaware of the particulars. So Sno must be open this weekend too right?

Fluffy, I ski early and late season at BB. I'm GLAD they are opening 'cause it will save me a trip to ski a mid-mountain trail at Belleayre. If you take it personal that I pointed out how altitudes are the #1 factor in temps, then......

oh well.

See ya on the slopes.... :)

stoke x4

20 dollars 10am-10pm.. 20 dollars for 12 hours of riding?

$20 dollars for one trail. what a rip :rolleyes:

Earliest opening date for a PA mountain ever???

I am claiming that that Boulder will have the longest park season of the entire East coast. We are talking about potentially 150 days if the weather stays cold enough to not create havoc on what they are blowing now.

Boulder has set a new standard as far as I am concerned. So awesome to be able to be there and claim it! super stoked X 0894570239847502389475

.... We are talking about potentially 150 days if the weather stays cold enough to not create havoc on what they are blowing now.

I just saw on the news that a strong La Nina is developing, which deflects the jet stream to the north. This in turn means warm weather, with little snow for us. They are now predicting a warmer than usual winter :banghead . It's supposed to be in the 50's and 60's on Tuesday / Wednesday.

Edited by bigdaddyk

first post. 3500 views in 4 days. uh huh :wiggle

It is possible (with cold temps) that next weekend that there will be some jibs up on Freedom first.

Insert Claim :)

Won't happen in the next two weeks.

hahaha

i will be there if they open anything the 17th.

hahaha

i'll definetly be there if they open the 17th

hahaha - some crappy warm temps early next week, better go saturday/sunday

If they open the 17th Ill most definately make it up.

hahaha - some crappy warm temps early next week, better go saturday/sunday

thanksgiving will be the earliest they open (and they'll be lucky to open by then)

hahaha

alright frost def wont open till first weekend in dec and bb will prob open the 17th

hahaha

Boulder wont open anytime soon.

hahaha

a nickel? put your money where your mouth is. I bet you $100 they dont open by the 17th

pay up $100. my paypal is first initial last name (rob Larick) @ comcast.net

I bet sno will open first probabl 9 A.M. Sat It is so much better than BB

hahaha

http://209.158.45.116/user/cgi-bin/view_S_t_uF.thtml

I just saw on the news that a strong La Nina is developing, which deflects the jet stream to the north. This in turn means warm weather, with little snow for us. They are now predicting a warmer than usual winter :banghead . It's supposed to be in the 50's and 60's on Tuesday / Wednesday.

It's still the beginning of NOVEMBER, it's ok for it to be a little warm sometime. Last time in JANUARY it was in the 60's and 70's, thats when i'd start to get alittle worried, not now. And you thought it was gonna continually stay this cold? It was a front that blew in on wednesday.... Fronts come and go.

papa, is there list service or hiking only?

list served. but it is a slow double, freedom is an easy green IMO. typically kids pick a feature and hike it a couple of times and work thier way down and start over. I imagine it will be hard to session the whole park due to crowds, maybe not.

keep an eye on the new camera, it moved since early this morning.

Edited by Papasteeze

list served. but it is a slow double, freedom is an easy green IMO. typically kids pick a feature and hike it a couple of times and work thier way down and start over. I imagine it will be hard to session the whole park due to crowds, maybe not.

keep an eye on the new camera, it moved since early this morning.

The quad isnt going to be open? I figured with teh amount of people that are going to be there that the quad would be a better option.