NEED HELP ON SKIES

njskierbrig

I never had a problem with my Salomon bindings. So far I've owned two pairs. S810ti's and the Z-10's. The 810s feel a lot more solid on your foot, while the z-10s just feel like shit, but the 810s take so much more tuning if you want them to work correctly. The good thing about the z-10s is the wings don't move like the 810s use to.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solly bindings weren't shit it was just that they had a manual toe cup adjustment. Looks and others always automatically maintained the toe cup with the exception of excessive boot wear. On the wings of the toe pieces there was a little set screw that would loosen up as binding was worked, the toe cup would adjust as if your boot all of the sudden became two sizes bigger, no forward pressure means the binding won't work and your ski is coming off. Loctite fixes that problem right up. To be honest I think this was 90% of the problems people had with solly binders, the 914 and 916 is a burly burly as compard to the new z10 which is crap, pure crap. How do you think they made the binding so light, a butt load of plastic. The new looks aren't that great either, the hole pattern is kinda tight and rips out of the lighter skis which lack the glass/metal layers found in other skis, and the heal piece has too many stress points on those little tiny wings. I would take a pair of ninja 916's or 914's over the new looks or sollys any day.

Now to the real problem, with the exception of the Duke/Jester markers are only good for expensive paper weights, door stops and a weapon, hence the old I'll beat you with a bag full of markers.

Anyone check these yet, very very cool. Hopefully better than the tyrolia heal release.

http://www.kneebinding.com/

Solly bindings weren't shit it was just that they had a manual toe cup adjustment. Looks and others always automatically maintained the toe cup with the exception of excessive boot wear. On the wings of the toe pieces there was a little set screw that would loosen up as binding was worked, the toe cup would adjust as if your boot all of the sudden became two sizes bigger, no forward pressure means the binding won't work and your ski is coming off. Loctite fixes that problem right up. To be honest I think this was 90% of the problems people had with solly binders, the 914 and 916 is a burly burly as compard to the new z10 which is crap, pure crap. How do you think they made the binding so light, a butt load of plastic. The new looks aren't that great either, the hole pattern is kinda tight and rips out of the lighter skis which lack the glass/metal layers found in other skis, and the heal piece has too many stress points on those little tiny wings. I would take a pair of ninja 916's or 914's over the new looks or sollys any day.

Now to the real problem, with the exception of the Duke/Jester markers are only good for expensive paper weights, door stops and a weapon, hence the old I'll beat you with a bag full of markers.

Anyone check these yet, very very cool. Hopefully better than the tyrolia heal release.

http://www.kneebinding.com/

Problems I saw were with Sollys just straight blowing up on landings. Perhaps they're a very good binding for regular skiing, but once people started doing the bigger jumps and spins was where I saw the problems. I do have to give them a little credit and say that the people breaking them, with the exception of Justo, were going real big and blowing out toes and heels.

And ya Markers are in a league of their own. I've seen a few toe pieces just straight explode when landing backseat. I might try to get on a pair of Jesters, but on my normal skis, not my park skis.

With respect to the Looks, they did make the heel hole pattern a small bit bigger in the PX over the P series, but it is still just about as narrow. I wouldn't be surprised if more companies follow Markers lead with the Jester/Duke and start making bindings with wider hole patterns.

I do have to give them a little credit and say that the people breaking them, with the exception of Justo, were going real big and blowing out toes and heels.

haha i love that trevor. like i said before, i never had a problem with mine and they are still on my skis.

Edited by toast21602

Problems I saw were with Sollys just straight blowing up on landings. Perhaps they're a very good binding for regular skiing, but once people started doing the bigger jumps and spins was where I saw the problems. I do have to give them a little credit and say that the people breaking them, with the exception of Justo, were going real big and blowing out toes and heels.
Which one were they on ? 912's? Its pretty simple if you go big skip the bs and get 18's or ninjas everything else is filler. You can get 18's for $150, put them on all of your skis and jesus will reward you.
I couldn't find any pictures. I thought the Line binding was onto something if they weren't so stinking heavy. Lots of park skiers blew thiers up too.
No pics just videos, the bindings don't have all the plastic make them look nice parts on them yet. This binding is almost all metal, kinda heavy but nothing like the Reactor's.

if everyone could just says what ski they think will be the best then put the name, and why you think it is the best in my situation.Then I will look at all of them and find out what i am going to do. and if you can please put the whole name of all the skis example(K2 Public Enemy)it would help a lot.

THANK YOU

Volkl Wall

I skied it this weekend and it was everything I had hoped for and more!

It handled the ice, bumps, crud, speed, and everything I threw at it! Freeskier said it was the best twin ever made, and I must agree. For a twin it skied exceptionally well and is the twin I would reccomend for you!

If anyone has any quams about my post its because you haven't skied it yet! :wub: