Gloves

bmatyeah

Try some Level gloves. I've loved the dexterity I get with mine, and they are super durable. Just look for somethin with a leather palm and goretex body. I finally had to get ride of my Level XCR's I had for 2 seasons, and picked up a pair of the nice Dakine Cobras. The Levels felt like they fit a little better, but the Dakine is very similar and free was the right price when I won them.

I've had some level gloves for 3-4 years now and they are very good: warm, durable and fit well, just don't turn them inside out to dry them because the waterproof membrane between the layers detaches from the fingertips and becomes a pain the butt to keep in place.

I have a pair of grenade's that I use for warm days, they are OK for spring / warm PA days, but not the best or real winter.

Last year I bought some Burton gloves with inner gloves that I never use because the main glove is plenty warm for even the worst days (like -22F in VT last year), these gloves are really good and I don't normally get enthused by Burton gear.

I use Dakine Bronco GT's for the cold days and they are very nice. Quality gloves and really warm and waterproof (goretex)

I also use some Grenade pipe gloves but wouldnt reccomend any grenade products for trying to stay warm.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah i dakines were kinda fat but recently i got these burton gloves the have it all thin but CRAZY warm its easy to hold things cuz of the leather hand grips google cleaner alll this other stuff to

http://store.burton.com/Gloves/Mens/PRD_70473/Baker+Glove.jsp;ODBSID=HXftvX3whTfD3jpQFQ8QkC4RBtXb0KZyd1CGZ2l9TMK7N5j4DFTG!1580622865!1835519696?bmUID=1196892142296

take the link these are the gloves the are the best you'll get

ive heard NOTHING but good things about Celteks.

I agree with Trev, Level is the way to go. I've ridden grenade(shit), dakine, burton, celtek and my new Levels are killer. Just got my Utah Gores. They have Gore-tex's new two level system and its good stuff

I've got a pair of Dakine pipe gloves, and i've had them for about 5 yrs now and they are still going strong. I even have worn them hiking a few times and worked great while gather wood to keep my hands protected. I use them 90% of the time, but if i head north or we get some nasty weather i bust out my Burton Overmits which are warmer then Jenna Jameson's whoo whoo after a 12hr recording sesh.

Last year I bought some Burton gloves with inner gloves that I never use because the main glove is plenty warm for even the worst days (like -22F in VT last year), these gloves are really good and I don't normally get enthused by Burton gear.

Yea i think i got the same pair, same story - took the inner liners out, gave them to a friend when he forgot his gloves and never put them back in. Have served well even fro the coldest/windiest days out in CO. Awsome gloves.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with burton gloves, but I really liked the rome stuff I got a pair from my shop for free some kind of mis match or something their the same glove same year right and left hand, anyway I really like them super warm good all around no complaints.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with burton gloves, but I really liked the rome stuff I got a pair from my shop for free some kind of mis match or something their the same glove same year right and left hand, anyway I really like them super warm good all around no complaints.

I have burton gloves, burton mittens, head gloves, and dakine mittens. They are lamest to best in that order. The funny thing is the head & dakine ones cost 1/2 of the burton ones. I have burton pipe gloves I love though, so that makes up for it.

though mittens arent the tops in dexterity, they will be more than enough to allow you to strap up, and their warmth is unquestionable. as mentioned, waterproofing and breathability are key. goretex is an industry standard and an excellent choice as the weatherproofing element of your gloves.

Not really a big snow brand, but has anyone tried the heavier 661 gloves?

I can get em for supa cheap from biking ties, but never really thought about it. I did however buy their "park and pipe" thin glove and it runs a size smaller than normal, but still fits and is plenty warm provided you dont fall in slush or enjoy being overly toasty.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of DAKINE Charger gloves (see pic below) because they weren't very bulky, and the neoprene is waterproof. I put these gloves to the test last weekend boarding 2 days in a row 8-9 hours EACH day. The cold never got to me too bad until late into the night when hey had become wet due to snow getting inside. That being said they're pretty good gloves. Not bulky at all.

Cost: $39.99

tn_1300450_CHARGER_CHARCL.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Get some Burton Overmittens. I've had mine for about three seasons now and they're pretty sick. They've got a nice fleece lining on the inside that stays warm and dry and a leather palm so it's easy to grip your bindings. The only problem with 'em is if it's below like 10-15 degrees and you don't have hand warmers in the palms tend to freeze.

Edited by Tim says